View Poll Results: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Voters
583. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to be able to use my warglaives again!

393 67.41%
  • No, everyone will end up running around with old legendaries.

190 32.59%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sure, why not? People look ridiculous anyway when half of them are running around in bikini armor, might as well let them have glaives too.

The argument that if they allow the transmog, then everyone will run around with legendaries is pretty weak. If they obtained them why shouldn't they be allowed to use them. It's like thinking that your trophy is so great and rare, only because most other people keep their trophy in the closet and don't flaunt it. The people that just want to show off will get bored easily enough, as plenty of people will be using them. Just make it so legendaries can only be transmogged on items of the exact same type (sword to sword) to limit it a bit.

I'd love it, Mainly if we could transmog away from the legendary look too.
    I never liked my rogues daggers since there wasn't a set I could find that looked good.

However, My Paladin would love to mog into some legendary gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Europe certainly didn't play any sort of role in destroying the stability of Africa. The United States is literally the source of all evil. The United Satans, mirite?

Everything should be moggable, from vendor trash to legendary. Like a look? Have it. The point of cosmetic options like transmog is that it shouldn't matter how valuable an item is/was - you're choosing your look, as you want it. The marriage between stats and gear-look has ended.

Pro-Ogre

When this was brought up during cata, I didn't want them to, but now I don't really care.

I'm a completionist and have absolutely no desire to feel like a special snowflake, I actually dislike those who argue "I got it when it was hard and it should remain rare, cuz otherwise my friends won't think I'm coooool." (saying that with the voice of Eric Cartman).

WoW needs another gold sink imo... I think Transmog would be a good route for it, with the option to transmog to a legendary weapon model including any visual effects it may have for a very high fee. 20k a go would be a fair price and placate the people worrying about "warglaives everywhere"

I'd pay to transmog a BiS wep into Sulfuras... hell, I'd probably go back and keep grinding MC for it

I don't see the point in setting some stupidly high gold cost for it, especially if it's a recurring cost. A one-time (account wide, preferably) fee, sure. Recurring? Maybe when regular quests start rewarding 100+g baseline.

Make it 2-3 times the cost of current transmog fees. That should be enough.

Mechagnome
    the droprates for the good legendaries will ensure that they are still as rare as they are now.

the ones you have to build yourself are not really ones that people remember.

i mean, really, it's all about the warglaives, which have a 4% chance to drop. I've killed illidan 50+ times and I've never seen one.

EXactly, and even if loads of people suddenly started wearing them, then they'd get boring quickly, so fewer people would wear them.

And I agree with DJK, everything should be transmoggable. Some very nice vanity gear that isn't transmoggable like the high society hat and other stuff.

Yeah i'd like them to be transmoggable.
    One more reason to get them all

Yes, please

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    Everything should be moggable, from vendor trash to legendary. Like a look? Have it. The point of cosmetic options like transmog is that it shouldn't matter how valuable an item is/was - you're choosing your look, as you want it. The marriage between stats and gear-look has ended.
    I'd be very happy if mogging greys/whites was allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you earned it during the expansion it came from you should be able to mog it. If you farmed it by facerolling ancient content you should not have access to the transmog for it.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Goraidh View Post
    So much this! I voted "yes" - if someone was running MC, SWP or ICC for months or years, he deserved his legendary drop, he was working hard for this, even when it wasn't current content.

But I also like the idea of higher cost of transmog legendaries or miniquest gating them from transmog.
    Random drop does not equate to working hard.
    If the fuss about the MoP legendary not being deemed hard enough to be called a legendary is anything to go by, then none of the legendaries so far should be transmoggable.
    Random drops are RNG, sheer dumb luck rather than a measure of skill or performance determining when they drop.

The fact that they can be obtained after the fact, when the content is trivial is a huge reason against them being transmoggable.

If the playerbase wants them to mean something, then they shouldn't be just another cosmetic someone farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd be very happy if mogging greys/whites was allowed.
    There is a vendor in Storm Peaks which sells a few white items, some of which are transmoggable.
    As are Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes from the Battlefield Barrens event.
    But generally the rule is green or above.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-23 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    i voted no because it would take away the legendary feeling from the older legionaries
    Does replacing them with greens the following expansion not do that anyway?

Yes. Even more, Legendaries should be for look only, no stats.

I don't care if legendaries can't be transmogged, but the epic quality items that lead up to the legendaries should be transmoggable.

"No, everyone will end up running around with old legendaries."

Bullshit. I don't see how this matters. Look around... pretty much everyone already has a legendary cloak, so I don't see why transmogrifying old legendaries is a problem. And besides, not everyone in the game owns a pair of Warglaives, or Sulfuras. So this statement is utter bollocks.

Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, is in my bank. Warglaives, in my bank. For what? I want to dual-wield Raggy's hammer! Make it happen Blizzard!
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ainur/advanced

It'll happen eventually, it's just a question of when. I wouldn't hold my breath for anytime soon, we can't even hide enchants let alone mog them.

They should make the legendaries transmoggable already.People are afraid that everyone will use them and they end up not rare anymore but the people who want to use them already equip them outside combat just for looks so that is pretty much the same as making them moggable.Not to mention lets face it old legendary items are no longer something rare.I know i am using the glaives all the time when i'm just chilling on my rogue.
    Of course to be able to mog them the player needs to own that said legendary.