Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    What the OP is missing:

There are ARMOR pieces, which may include cloak but definitely include head/shoulders/chest/legs/gloves/bracers/boots.
    These ALWAYS have stamina and a morphstat that becomes str/int/agi depending on your current spec. They ALSO have secondary stats, but the list is NOT what is listed above. It is crit/haste/mastery/amplify/readiness/multistrike.

Stats like spirit, armor, and MAYBE attack power and spellpower, do NOT appear on these items.

Then there's jewelry, which includes neck and rings, and may really apply to trinkets and weapons too. These can have spirit and armor, but it looks like they NEVER have Int,Str, and Agi. They can likely have AP and SP as a way of making them not ANYONE'S gear.

So, right now, it looks like:

Your armor pieces will work for ALL your specs.
    Your non-armor pieces may be very specific still, but won't have a mainstat on them. They may have spirit (healer only) or armor (tank only), but there's no dps only stat.

It's likely they are considering every armor piece to look like:

Stamina
    Morphstat (Int/Str/Agi)
    Agnostic Secondary Stat 1 (Crit/Haste/Mastery/Multistrike/Readiness/Amplify)
    Agnostic Secondary Stat 2 (Crit/Haste/Mastery/Multistrike/Readiness/Amplify)

And then necks and rings will be like:

Stamina
    Attack Power -OR- Spell Power
    Secondary Stat 1 (Crit/Haste/Mastery/Multistrike/Readiness/Amplify/Spirit/Armor)
    Secondary Stat 1 (Crit/Haste/Mastery/Multistrike/Readiness/Amplify/Spirit/Armor)

(with the restriction that a piece won't have both spirit and armor, and spirit won't appear on an attack power piece, and armor won't appear on a spell power piece)

Weapons will either be:

Stamina
    Attack Power
    Secondary Stat
    Secondary Stat

and
    Stamina
    Spell Power
    Secondary Stat
    Secondary Stat

Or continue like today. Note that if they move away from Int/Agi/Str on weapons, that a one-handed sword will be death knights / warriors / rogues / monks again.
    Hmm that's interesting, thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Then there's jewelry, which includes neck and rings, and may really apply to trinkets and weapons too. These can have spirit and armor, but it looks like they NEVER have Int,Str, and Agi. They can likely have AP and SP as a way of making them not ANYONE'S gear.
    It's not entirely clear if these items(which do include cloaks) will never have primary stats. It is, however, clear that they will always be completely static, i.e. if they have intellect, they will always have intellect, no matter what class and spec you are.

So, if I am getting this correct, making spirit and +armor secondary (that don't show up on main pieces), tier pieces could span all specs. A piece will have tier bonuses for all your specs, stamina, the morphstat, and two secondaries that pretty much work for all specs. Maybe they would just make tier pieces with different secondary stat sets so you can min/max it at the vendor? Then again, that maybe too much customization again. Eh. /shrug One day we will play WoD and kill all this speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    So, if I am getting this correct, making spirit and +armor secondary (that don't show up on main pieces), tier pieces could span all specs. A piece will have tier bonuses for all your specs, stamina, the morphstat, and two secondaries that pretty much work for all specs. Maybe they would just make tier pieces with different secondary stat sets so you can min/max it at the vendor? Then again, that maybe too much customization again. Eh. /shrug One day we will play WoD and kill all this speculation.
    You only get 1 tier set in the new system, and it's set bonuses change to match your spec when you change specs. Less item bloat and items to carry around.

As to the earlier comment regarding what tanks will go for... Protadins will likely still be gunning for Haste in their mix, cause Blizzard seems to have embraced it in 5.4 giving it to the T16 Tank set. Additionally, Druid/Monk tanks will always have a mix of Haste/Crit in their gear, from sharing with the Rogues/Ferals/WW Monks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard work Crit into the tanking formula for Warriors, to make things more active (ie: Effect Z triggers on Ability Y crit, that has an improved crit chance after using Ability X). Death Knights are already fine as it goes for "active mitigation".
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

What I would like to see:

Primary stats changes with spec

Secondary stats
    We get 2 gem slots to buy pure gems. What I mean by that is, we buy a "haste gem" and it is applied to the gear, checks it ilvl and defines I will have XXXX haste.

Third stats
    These I am ok with being random

Secondary I need to be gem slots, because we won´t have reforge. Of course, they may want us to run and rerun stuff until we get the perfect piece for that slot. But that would just be annoying. The BiS days are long gone imho, it was fun when you had 5-6 bracers to choose from. Today you get 1-2 drops for bracers from the raid, theres is not that great BiS hunting. And sincerely, changing stats with spec and hunting many items doesn´t look to be their intent, as it seems the intent is to have fun however you want. That is why I would put the gems as the secondary stats.