Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Hide Bones options for the Undead?

From my friend's Thread on the WoW US Forums:

Since we're getting new models, and the devs have talked about some new customization options afterwards, I was thinking: I would be pretty nice if our Undead characters could choose to keep their bones on the inside of their bodies.

it could work like the red pandaren tail where the model changes depending on the skin color you choose, or it could be a new customization feature.

I don't know, I love to be undead, but having to walk around with my elbows literally nude bothers me a bit. "Dead" is good, but "Beaten Up" doesn't make me feel very strong.

Not to mention that the chinese version of the new models will need a "bones covered" version, so why not make a bones covered option on the main model and just lock the chinese client out of the options to show bones? it would give us more customization options and spare you guys of some work afterwards

The new models look sweet! Love you Blizzard :3
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0145968?page=1 - Capped
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10787138806#1 - Part 2

Personally, as a fellow undead player, I believe he's right. it's not about denying a horror-move like appearance to undead players who enjoy it. it's about giving other undead players the ability to opt out of it.

Blizzard has the technology. the pandaren female's tail changes depending on your skin color choice. a similar effect could be applied to undead characters in order to hide or show your bones depending on your skin choice. this could also be changeable in-game on the barbershop. Tauren "skin color" can be changed on the barbershop, and undead "skin color" isn't really about your skin, it's more about the color of the rot in it.

Let's also remember that the Undead Warlock from the Original World of Warcraft Opening Cinematic:

The Undead Warlock in the Original World of Warcraft Cinematic (can be accessed in a menu in-game)

We should also consider that Sylvanas, the queen of the forsaken, shows no exposed bones. Her elite Dark Rangers don't show bones either.

Not to mention that because the Chinese version of WoW requires them not to show any skeletons, that means blizzard will have to create a "no bones showing" version of the new undead model ANYWAY.

The Undead in china's version of WoW

So even if you don't want resources to be spent on making "covered undead", it's gonna happen anyway! The question is: Will WE have access to it?

Now here's the beautiful thing about this situation: If they decide to give us the "no-bones" option, they could also give us a "less flesh" option as well. a hole in the place of your heart! no belly like Raziel from LoK! Think about the possibilities!

It would also mean that other races could get more character customization options too! Vol'jin has a beard, maybe troll players could get beards. Gallywix is fat (lorewise), maybe goblin players could be fat too!

Like my friend always says, this game needs more character customization. Right now blizzard is remaking the original models from scratch. It is the perfect opportunity to stuff those models with new stuff, and the next big opportunity for that will probably be after 10 more years. Let's not waste it.

Blizzard doesn't design by vote, we all know that. But if we can get this idea in their minds and make them like it, there can be hope
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-12-05 at 11:34 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Sure, I think that's fair.

I think at the very least they should give the option to allow players to have their armor actually cover their knees and elbows. Broken armor sets looking torn apart looks hideous to me.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I think at the very least they should give the option to allow players to have their armor actually cover their knees and elbows. Broken armor sets looking torn apart looks hideous to me.
    That is my biggest objection to the exposed bones. I get that their bodies are rotting, but wtf? Why does their armor have to look like utter shit as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do, it would make me want to play an Undead again. The broken armor was the sole reason I race changed my DK and abandoned my old Warrior.

also, if you guys are curious, this is what lord marrowgar looks like in china lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I hope they do, it would make me want to play an Undead again. The broken armor was the sole reason I race changed my DK and abandoned my old Warrior.
    yeah, the famous "plate shorts syndrome" lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to have a "body style" option for this game, for example:

Undead: able to choose how much rot to show on their skin from looking like they just died yesterday to "almost falling apart".

Tauren/Draenei (sp?) males: Able to choose how much muscles they have. I've rolled male Draenei before, but I can't stand their massive buff appearance.

Troll males: Dunno if its me, but I like the way they look now (but I have not seen the new models) but maybe add the models of them standing straight up like the Zandalari trolls in Isle of Thunder/Throne of Thunder, or give them more muscles like the trolls in Zul'Gurub to looking like Dire Trolls?

Worgen: Just give them some damn tails already!

Human males: Can't stand the looks of them... like with the Tauren/Draenei, let them be able to choose how much muscles they have, from being either skinny or to being chubby, like the NPC Mayor Quimby from the DK Starting area.

Human Females: I am mostly at a blank, but to have the appearance to change their body types...from either skinny to having a chubby form, like the tavern wench in Northrend (it's one of the main quest lines for the Kalu'ak faction)

Blood Elves: I like the looks of them, but I cannot stand how they stand. Maybe have the options on how they stand?

Night Elf Male: Same with what I said about Tauren/Draenei/Human male muscles.

Deleted
    Fuck off,roll a belf or go play barbie dressup island i mean why even play horde when you can barbie it up on alliance side?

I can't play undead because of the bones that show, it's like they are wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts all the time, no thanks. I'd love if they would make it so you can hide your bones but I doubt they will, after all they won't even give us an option to get rid of that awful hunchback on orcs. They want to stay true to the original game models but just update them aesthetically, nothing more, so I doubt it will happen but I fully support this idea regardless.

No, if you want to play a human then roll a human.

Dare i say, some of the new models are too similar to the old models?

seems fair, im down for it
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillapie View Post
    Fuck off,roll a belf or go play barbie dressup island i mean why even play horde when you can barbie it up on alliance side?
    Your intellect is truly astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Dare i say, some of the new models are too similar to the old models?
    keep in mind that they are still at the earliest stages. they are not even animated yet.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    100 % great idea. Having your choice of zombie like undead vs Skeletor like undead would really get the undead players such as myself jazzed. It might even lighten the image of the undead to Alliance players, thereby putting the Un back in Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest beef is how the flesh around the bones looks so shitty. It looks like a loose fitting latex glove. At least make it look like we have muscle underneath the flesh if you're going to have exposed bone.

A toggle would be fine, too. Preferably available in the barber shop, too.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Your intellect is truly astonishing.
    Spot the belf.

Deleted
    Honestly I love the way undead show their bones, and it makes the armor look even cooler!

Deleted
    Pants (aka shorts) on undead models look hilarious

if you want to be pretty you can always roll belf/draenei.