Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Sandy Hook Shooting - The Game

Apparently, some user on Newgrounds(dot)com uploaded a Flash video game of the shooting of Sandy Hook. The game starts with shooter Adam Lanza shooting his mother, then killing student at the school.

The game was up for a few hours before the news contacted Newgrounds Admin/Owner Tom Fulp and it was removed.

WTNH News:

Gameplay:

Sickening that someone would make this video, but he/she clearly made it for the media attention he'd receive.

Thoughts on this?

Update: 11/21/13 - I found the game creator's website. Not his first time making a game about school shootings, he has one for Virgina Tech.

http://googumproduce.com/
    Last edited by HAcoreRD; 2013-11-22 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sickened by the sheer lack of work put into this. If you are going to make a game about a shooting, at least take the time to make it a Counter Strike map.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

It looks horrible. Whoever made it should have put a little more work into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's utterly despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Im sickened by the sheer lack of work put into this. If you are going to make a game about a shooting, at least take the time to make it a Counter Strike map.
    Cut indie developers some slack!

Nah I jest, that's horrible.

Graphics sucked compared to my PS4.

No really, that game is disgusting. I saw the video and it was hard to watch to be honest.

The guy likely knew it was going to be taken down within hours, so thats probably why he didn't put much work into it. Either way.... thats horrible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems rather distasteful.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... I can't play this? DAMN!
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Honestly, is it any more offensive than "no russian"? That's not even going into the numerous much more offensive "games" out there. I mean, "rape simulator" is it's own genre.

What am I supposed to do with my righteous anger, anyway? Pointlessly rail about it on the internet? Or much worse, contact my government and tell them to curtail the freedoms I enjoy on the off-chance it will put a stop to such feeble attempts at trolling?

Seems like a bit more than just being edgy and playing on a tragedy for shits. A lot of the time with flash games, good animation/art style + bad gameplay usually means the creator wants something to be taken out of this situation rather than just indulging in the surface of the subject or gameplay.

How is this sick? Nothing is more sick then the NRA making it so everyone forgot and refuses to do shit about AR-15's. I applaud this game. Make more like it and release the photos of the crime scenes. Take that sick fuck Wayne LaPierre and tape his eye lids open and force him to look at the photos of the dead kids cut in half by the AR-15.

Whoever made that deserves a size 12 boot to the face, multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Whoever made that deserves a size 12 boot to the face, multiple times.
    I am willing to bet you play Call of Duty and do not say shit, but this is oh too far lol

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I am willing to bet you play Call of Duty and do not say shit, but this is oh too far lol
    I play CoD, GTA V, and own an AR-15, but i'm not allowed to think the person who made this is a fucking tool?

15+ Year Old Account
    The second video at 3:30 he makes a good point. It feels so much different when the object/order you are given is to go to a certain place and kill people "Because they're bad and because I said so", but when the game starts with you just waking up and deciding to shoot people on your own free will, well, suddenly, people just don't want to do it and feel as though it's "disgusting".

-"Do you like to hurt people?"-

not sure what's worse... this or the youtube vids about sandy 'hoax'. One of those is stuffed with the affected families apparently showing big smiles and awkward looks like out of the show Lie to Me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing new unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    How is this sick? Nothing is more sick then the NRA making it so everyone forgot and refuses to do shit about AR-15's. I applaud this game. Make more like it and release the photos of the crime scenes. Take that sick fuck Wayne LaPierre and tape his eye lids open and force him to look at the photos of the dead kids cut in half by the AR-15.
    Give me a fucking break
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I originally wasn't going to link it, but-

http://www.pog.com/games/the_slaying_of_sandy_hook If you actually want to see it. The game obviously wasn't meant to be fun or satire. It was -made- to be disgusting. It was made to be creepy. If it was just some shithead for lulz "kill kidz lel so funay we r dark humor" it'd be different. Would be nice to actually get a word from the creator on it. If you aren't a narrow-minded screaming baby it's pretty easy to see this guy isn't advocating the shooting in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I did like the art style, even though the entire game was made purely for shock value and edginess. I wonder if the creator thinks people need to learn that shooting kids is bad.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.