Deleted

Looking for affliction advice

Greetings all,
    Long time lurker first time poster. I have recently, this expansion, mained my warlock. I'm always looking for ways to improve my gameplay and be more of an asset to my guild. At the moment I feel my DPS can be quite a bit higher and would like some advice from the seasoned warlocks in this Forum as far as nuances I'm missing or ways to improve. I'm always open to constructive criticism and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Logs: http//wwwworldoflogscom/reports/rt-o09cetgx0wz2k9q2/sum/damageDone/?s=121&e=487

Armory: http//usbattlenet/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Alkidas/simple

Apologizies as I cannot post proper links at this time

Affliction is my first love, I only play destruction for if the spec is clearly optimal for the fight. I feel I have a good understanding of priorities and stats/gearing correct me if I am mistaken though. Asking for assistance to take my play to a higher level /cheers!

Gear wise, there is some fine tuning you can do. I would add a few more expertise gems into your gear, and reforge your boots away from hit. Reforge your belt to haste, NOT to crit.

I imagine you already use addons such as Affdots and TellMeWhen, but can't be sure, would need more details from you. Make sure you have TMW setup in a decent way so you can keep track of when to apply soulburn+soulswap at the best time.

I would say you have been a tad unlucky with your gear with a few pieces having a lot of crit on them. Haste mastery is your friend! But it's not so bad currently to be able to switch to destro and still do decent damage.

Otherwise, I would say you're performing above average, so there shouldn't be much to improve on. Sometimes it could be as simple as improving your opening rotation, and just a simple UI tweek to help maximise efficiency

Deleted
    I appreciate your advice, I have recieved a few more upgrades so far this raid week and can finally manage to hit the 13k haste BP without sacrificing much Mastery and got out of some of my crit gear which is also nice. I do use TMW to track int/haste procs as well as affdots to get a quick glance at dot strength. I find my opening rotation ot be fine as long as PBI procs >_> which it normally does but those times it doesnt it really hurts. Thank you again for the advice Wildcherry

Sounds like u are doing most everything right. Just need some more gear. Also make sure u don't cap ss.. I was having some trouble letting my ss stack at 3 so I stack mine at 2 now and it has helped my dps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    Sounds like u are doing most everything right. Just need some more gear. Also make sure u don't cap ss.. I was having some trouble letting my ss stack at 3 so I stack mine at 2 now and it has helped my dps a lot
    Having a mental block, but can you just elaborate/remind me on what you mean by "ss stacks"?

Deleted
    He means soul shards

Deleted
    Is it just me or does the 13k haste BP feel alot better as far as shard generation? Just got the gear to hit that breakpoint and it 'feels' alot better and almost always have a shard.

In my opinion, people should be going for the 18k breakpoint if they can. There is no proper evidence that mastery>haste is better, other than people spreading the word cause they read it somewhere. I've been running that for weeks now and output a lot more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcherry View Post
    In my opinion, people should be going for the 18k breakpoint if they can. There is no proper evidence that mastery>haste is better, other than people spreading the word cause they read it somewhere. I've been running that for weeks now and output a lot more than before.
    That works fine if you're running aff for only the single target fights being jugg/malkorok.

On something like protectors, you're throttled by MG and haunt, and cannot possibly maintain MG the entire time, you want that extra DoT damage on other targets. It also hurts if you're running a spec other than affliction, which you should be because destro destroys on most Add related fights. Runnign 18k haste as destro hurts the spec badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Recklessfear View Post
    That works fine if you're running aff for only the single target fights being jugg/malkorok.

On something like protectors, you're throttled by MG and haunt, and cannot possibly maintain MG the entire time, you want that extra DoT damage on other targets. It also hurts if you're running a spec other than affliction, which you should be because destro destroys on most Add related fights. Runnign 18k haste as destro hurts the spec badly.
    On protectors you hardly even cast MG cause you are spamming soul swap to maintain the initial overpowered dots for an incredibly long time, and putting haunt on all 3 targets. Word of mouth and false evidence that mastery is better in multi target fights has gotten out of control, and it just isn't true.

As for switching to destro (which i do on maybe 2 fights), I can easily switch out of 2 set + offset, and into 4 set, reforge the haste to crit and im down to around 11k haste, which is fine.

Deleted
    Sadly I don't think I could get to the 18k bp, with my gear currently. How significant was the dps increase? Do you have logs that I could check out? I am very curious about this

Deleted
    Wildcherry, I wanted to post and thank you for your advice. I went to the 18k haste BP last night for a quick normal night of SoO and ranked on 7 fights. Was a great change and I really am liking the pace of the fights now

Is it really better to have the 13k bp as affliction on a fight like protectors? I would've though since we spend so much time swapping dots and not so much time channeling mastery would pull ahead after the 9776 haste bp.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-11-30 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    Its completely worth going for the 13737 haste bp especially on a fight like protectors for the exact reason you said yourself you spend so much time swapping dots that wouldn't you rather get more ticks off on multiple targets while your off swapping dots to other targets... On protectors for example I spend more time just refreshing ua than putting fresh dots up I allow for my stronger dots to tick their full duration on all bosses its easy to stay on top of because if ua is about to run off on 1 boss its running off on the other 2. This is where having those extra ticks make the difference you need to allow them run their full duration and where you'll also see that agony still is the stronger dot purely because of its duration and allowing it run fully buffed for full length... Mastery will trump haste any day of the week unbuffed... But as soon as you have a a LMG/DS and trinket proc haste will perform better and you can, watch your screen light up. I think if you main affli and your in full SoO gear flex or normal or HC you have to go 13737 end of... Its so easy to reach and just feels so much smoother people fear being low on mastery (low being below 13kish its not a bad thing) best thing about hitting this mark is any upgrade means you can,just ad more mastery as realistically there's no haste bp nearby... 9778 was the haste bp in ToT... That was last tier lets move on guys and end this debate... Otherwise we might as well be running on haste bps from cata for nostalgia's sake... (apologies if my typing is awful on me phone)
    Last edited by mmocec5b9995de; 2013-11-30 at 10:35 AM.

I mainly play Destro and since going either haste or crit after mastery doesn't matter, i went for 13737 breakpoint as i play affl on protectors and sometimes on fights like norushen or malkorok or juggernaut, depending if i feel like doing it...

My lock is Zerach in guild Obscure on The Sha'tar, if u want to take a peak on the logs and compare. (cant post links yet, cursed mmo champ restriction > )

P.S.: going AD instead of KJC increased my dps by 100k+ on protectors... i wish i had beter than flex garrosh trink tho, but cant have everything
    Last edited by Zerach8; 2013-11-30 at 04:41 PM.