Heroic Garrosh - phase 4

If anyone yet encountered heroic Garrosh at his secret phase, could you describe what mechanics does he use, please?
    Though, as I see, no new mechanics added to phases 2&3! That is disappointing! Is he a final boss or what? They could've added at least 1 more ability, also empowered at phase 3, so that would be more heroic, that having him only use 4 abilities - looks like too little, compared to Kil'Jeaden's 8 or Lei Shen's 7 at last phase for example.

Malice: Needs to be soaked by people or garrosh gets energy.
    bombardment: Fire patchs spawn. If clustered a iron star that does tons of damages when explodes howver needed.
    Manifest rage: spawns a metric fuckton of adds. Use iron star to interupt
    Iron star: Focuses on nearest targets and follows them. Needs to be hit on garrosh at 100 energy. Use CDS
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    If anyone yet encountered heroic Garrosh at his secret phase, could you describe what mechanics does he use, please?
    Though, as I see, no new mechanics added to phases 2&3! That is disappointing! Is he a final boss or what? They could've added at least 1 more ability, also empowered at phase 3, so that would be more heroic, that having him only use 4 abilities - looks like too little, compared to Kil'Jeaden's 8 or Lei Shen's 7 at last phase for example.
    Can assure you that Garrosh's first three phases, while pretty similar to his normal mode counterpart, will provide an adequate challenge. Even changing one small thing about a fight can have humongous consequences in how you handle everything.

While the fight has some disappointing parts, especially as a healer, it is anything but a pushover and takes some serious persistence to take down. The P4 progression work is challenging as it requires you to nail down the first 10 minutes of the fight almost to perfection to get there consistently enough to work through the new mechanics. The P4 mechanics are not that hard on their own, but you will start counting those precious clean P4 pulls, because you need a certain amount to get comfortable.

As for the first 3 phases, you will have to handle the mechanics more precisely to accommodate whatever strategy you use for meeting the DPS checks, and handling the adds. Also, something that may seem simple like interrupts and/or getting the buffs in the transition phases takes on a whole new level of importance.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-11-23 at 02:54 AM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Malice is fairly easy but can quickly wipe you. Learn what each Malice needs (watch a few videos). 4 are pretty easy, 2 can wipe you quickly.

Iron Star kiting needs to be very good. Make sure the star is right next to him @ 98 energy! It looks like it's going to hit early if you do it right (takes a bit to trigger).

Bombardment is easy, but you can very easily spawn multiple stars if you aren't careful. Malice during and right after can wipe you.

It's a very easy phase by itself - you could probably kill it in under an hour (or even 1/2 hour) if you started there. What takes a while is that a mistake in any phase can quite easily wipe you/soak your bres(es). P3 is similar to normal mode but there's so much potential for death or wipe that it makes reaching P4 inconsistent.

So what's the best way to handle the malices during bombardments now you can't just cheese it by killing the affected player? Soak with extremely high damage reduction classes?
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    So what's the best way to handle the malices during bombardments now you can't just cheese it by killing the affected player? Soak with extremely high damage reduction classes?
    Use rogues, paladins, druids (with Cloak Symbiosis/personal cooldowns), monks. They can immune/reset stacks during this phase. It only happens on Malice #4. You should have 6 people in your assigned group (in case one of them gets it) but have a designated person of this group move out if noone of these 6 has it to avoid spawning iron stars.

Thanks everyone for answers!
    And what about his ability tht he uses at 100 energy? He only summons adds or damages as well? And, do this adds have any abilities or just do hard melee?
    Overall, how'd you mark the difficulty of the fight? Say, to compare it to Ragnaros HC, who also had a secret phase, who's is harder? And which fight is harder in the whole?

Deleted
    Overall, how'd you mark the difficulty of the fight? Say, to compare it to Ragnaros HC, who also had a secret phase, who's is harder? And which fight is harder in the whole?
    P4 is a joke. Siegecrafter was miles harder than Garrosh HC. It is only a glorified gearcheck.

And what about his ability tht he uses at 100 energy? He only summons adds or damages as well? And, do this adds have any abilities or just do hard melee?
    Just summons adds. They hit like trucks, you need to roll CD's on a tank if they have 2, 3 is doable but very barely.

Ragnaros was way, WAY harder. Garrosh isn't a pushover but it took us like 150 attempts compared to 200-300 for guilds on Rag. Still the hardest fight in the instance IMO.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do the Ironstars spawn? All I can really notice from videos about P4 is that malice goes out, and people jump in and out of the targeting circle. Looks like proximity gives a debuff, and once you get the debuff you jump out until it clears?

Bombardment happens and you don't stand in fire and shit. Ironstar, at least the first one spawns around here. It's based on proximity and interrupts casting (both Garrosh/players). Basically kite it around.

Malice gives him energy regardless of how well you do it. Do it badly I guess there is a lot of damage, people die and he gains energy faster? 100 energy he casts raid AoE that summons a billion sha adds everywhere. Time the Ironstar right and you get zero adds?

It honestly doesn't look that hard but is there anything actually intricate about it at all? Again you can't tell a lot from videos. I just saw people jump in and out of the malice at seemingly random, as the debuff it gives based on proximity only hits so many people. No idea how ironstars spawn, sometimes I saw multiple of them being kited around but I assume that's because malice was fucked up or something lol.

Iron Stars spawn on clusters of people during Bombardment. Not sure on the exact number (I've heard 7?) but be spread.

Malice shoots 5 bolts at nearby players every 2 seconds for 14 seconds. If one isn't abosrbed by a player it hits Garrosh, giving him 5 energy and dealing raid wide damage. Each bolt causes a debuff called Malicious Blast that increases damage taken by Malice by 75% for 3 seconds. This stacks.

Basically the challenge on Malice #4 is having 5 people in to soak multiple ticks of Malice while not spawning extra Iron Stars (very easy to spawn 2-3 here). If someone in the soaking group dies or outranges Malice you're looking at a wipe if people don't react very quickly.

How do immunities like cloak/bubble/ice block interact with Malicious Blast? Does it remove the stacks or immune the damage or both?
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Not related to phaze 4 question. About garrosh itermissions there, quite bunc of tanks from videos are soaking garrosh hits there. Is vengence gain this way segnificant? Also how many cd's you need to do that (asside from reduction debuff you collect from the ground) ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safyra View Post
    Not related to phaze 4 question. About garrosh itermissions there, quite bunc of tanks from videos are soaking garrosh hits there. Is vengence gain this way segnificant? Also how many cd's you need to do that (asside from reduction debuff you collect from the ground) ?
    Soaking every single annihilate I reach 700k vengeance. If you miss 1 annihilate it easily drops to 400-500k instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It's significant, but it's a pretty retarded move to do
    How so? We were pushing the limits of the gear check, getting a tank with 700k vengeance for 30 seconds is an insane dps gain at no risk.

Would love to understand the reasoning behind getting millions and millions of free dps is a retarded thing to do. Especially on a fight that is nothing but a gear check. Do you also tell all your dpsers to equip the tanking meta gem since using the dps meta is "retarded" damage increase?

Checking my logs the dps increase was somewhere between 12-20 million damage per transition.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-24 at 06:21 PM.

Yea, it's a fairly significant amount of free damage. I chain my CD's for jade temple and it's completely fine as long as I spam barriers and have Faith - I take less damage than dps. Tanks don't need CD's for p2 at all. I don't do it in Terrace though - you need CD's for the adds and that one is always a little strained because people miss their buffs, so I tend not to grab one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, it's a fairly significant amount of free damage. I chain my CD's for jade temple and it's completely fine as long as I spam barriers and have Faith - I take less damage than dps. Tanks don't need CD's for p2 at all. I don't do it in Terrace though - you need CD's for the adds and that one is always a little strained because people miss their buffs, so I tend not to grab one.
    Yeah, our tactic for terrace was that the other tank took all the adds (since he was a warrior, taunt banner YOLO). So I (paladin) did not have to use any CDs for terrace at all. Tanks was last priority on getting buffs, but 9 out of 10 I got a buff, but the warrior frequently did not get one, but that did not matter. So whenever I got a buff I would soak annihilates in terrace aswell as I still had all my CDs available.

Is Manifest Rage the only ability linked to Garrosh's energy? Everything else is on a timer?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho