Heroic 25m tanks, how are you gearing?

I'm trying to make sure I'm gearing properly as my guild enters heroics but I'm reading a lot of conflicting information. What are you prioritizing? Are you going avoidance, or mastery? How much parry/dodge/mastery/crit are you getting? I went almost full avoidance at 5.4 but Garrosh/heroics have made me want to get more mastery to smooth out my damage. Right now I'm running:

hit/exp capped
    59.3% mastery
    13.9% dodge
    34.8% parry
    822k hp unbuffed
    not itemizing for any crit so far

Does this look ok? Any tips, suggestions?
    Last edited by Opihi; 2013-11-23 at 03:45 AM.

Pure avoidance with a thok trinket. Worked absolutely fine for me all tier. Could even go 2 dps trinkets for all fights (just not heroic Klaxxi if you want to be safe).

Garrosh didn't hit very hard TBH, even with 4 healers. Use CD's at the right times and you'll be fine.

Deleted
    Exactly what Frozen said, you will honestly find more damage smoothing from an increased rage gen avoidance build if you use barrier intelligently
    Thok Trinket + Stam trinket for every boss except 10 stack Siegecrafter strat where I use 2 stam trinkets. Garrosh isn't really that threatening apart from the first few seconds on the pull, the terrace vision even is more of a threat ^^

Avoidance is the best way, I avoidance tanked seigecrafter with my off-spec so none of my gear was upgraded, so I probably had to use the double stam trinks I used(although even if I didn't, hubris helped killing the shredder and vial helped with having cd up for stacks), so just grade your gear on whether you over or undergear the encounter and use trinkets/cloak dependent on that.

Full Parry>Dodge with 2 stam trinkets. I would probably use Tail Tip if I got it but I would never take it over a DPS and we have only had 1 drop on any difficulty...

I think I have like 975k HP unbuffed.

Do you guys not get any mastery at all? It just seems so... spikey

Quote Originally Posted by Opihi View Post
    Do you guys not get any mastery at all? It just seems so... spikey
    Nope. So much extra rage for barriers/HS.