Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Scrap them and spend their time on something worthwhile.
    Actually, I almost agree.

Scrapping them now would be a waste of work. As for what is more worthwhile, new enemies. Mobs and bosses. For example, they could use the time to create actually new skeletons for bosses, instead of re-using the same ones most of the time (not that I mind that too much).

- Remove the Night elf female bounce
    - Remove the Orc hunch

Some vanilla animations are generally horrendous and should be replaced with different animations all together, not just improved version of the old. But Blizzard won't do this, as they've time and again stated their intention of making the new models as close to the originals as possible.

Character creator ought to have more options regarding stance and features.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Colour wheels

More options in general, to be honest.

Oh and weight. Not height. Weight.

Years of work, on something we barely look at. My character looks just fine and I dont want a new mode. I did think before i typed. Did you? Character models are a waste of time.
    Would rather have new character models than Scenarios, Pet Battles and Garrisons. And that's coming from someone who's looking forward to Garrisons. Everyone has an opinion, and will weigh each feature differently. To me, Pet battles and Scenarios are a waste of time, since I don't do them except when a quest calls for it (A Little Patience, A Dagger in the Dark, Blood in the Snow and Dark Heart of Pandaria) and if I had to choose between new models and a new feature in Garrisons, I'd pick the models.

OT: I'd like to change muscle tone and size. I would hate to see weight options, largely because of how much I wanted to reach through my PC and punch Body Type 4 Males in SW:ToR.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-11-25 at 11:36 AM.

true character customization with sliders for and adjustments for all body proportions, color wheels for hair/eye/skin color, and tats/scars etc... like more modern MMOs

10+ Year Old Account
    Nipples.

Yes I said it.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Better Character Customization would be key. That would include Sub Races. If not, then just Sub Races. I want High Elves for the Alliance. I don't care how. But for Customization... we could use more of everytyhing. Cuafpr said it best, the customization options that most Modern MMO's have. Again, for WoW being the most successful MMO ever, the only major thing that games nowadays do better at... is Graphics/Character Customization. Transmog/Appearance Tab falls under that umbrella.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Years of work, on something we barely look at. My character looks just fine and I dont want a new mode. I did think before i typed. Did you? Character models are a waste of time.
    I'll just quote myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    Let's remove character models, they're just a waste.
    Let's make everyone cubes and the only customization you have is the colour of said cube!
    This would also remove the need for modeling gear, so that would make sure development time isn't wasted on that!
    I mean, if we don't even look at the models, why have them?
    OT: I would want subraces or more customization, such as beards, tatoos and hair options.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2013-11-25 at 11:53 AM.

Let's remove character models, they're just a waste.
    Let's make everyone cubes and the only customization you have is the colour of said cube!
    This would also remove the need for modeling gear, so that would make sure development time isn't wasted on that!
    We would need a way to identify which way characters are facing some kind of casting animation (possibly a simple squash and stretch)for gameplay reasons- it's important to know which way something is facing so you can attempt to get behind in PvP, for example, or so you can see which healer is casting for mouseover interupts.

But if it played the same I'm possibly in the minority but I wouldn't mind that much. At least my tired PC's performance ought to increase.

Deleted
    I've said it for years now; what I really want is a face-slot. All I want is to be able to wear a monocle AND a tophat at the same time. Is that really too much to ask? Get on it blizz <3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger beards. Every male of the race needs bigger beards.

I want sliders and a haircolor option for stripes etc. I would also like to choose eye color. I understand if they can't let us build unique faces, but little options like eyecolor, hair color, beard color, cosmetics color etc. Shouldn't need too much work from the devs side. If I can get 2 or 3 body types I wouldn't even wish for sliders as the body types could easily cover caster and warrior type body builds, mages shouldn't be able to flex a sixpack and enormous biceps for instance, they spend all their time reading in boring books in a semi dark library.

As for people wanting them scrapped: Do you really think you would be getting more content if they scrapped it? Blizzard makes the amount of content they feel they have to in order to keep players playing. It's a sad philosophy but what are you gonna do? If they upped the sub cost to 17 dollars, 15 euros or something while gaining back some subs with WoD, then yes, I think we would be getting more content. Right now though, I think it's a situation where we are getting exactly the amount of content that we pay for and in order to get more, we need to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    We would need a way to identify which way characters are facing some kind of casting animation (possibly a simple squash and stretch)for gameplay reasons- it's important to know which way something is facing so you can attempt to get behind in PvP, for example, or so you can see which healer is casting for mouseover interupts.

But if it played the same I'm possibly in the minority but I wouldn't mind that much. At least my tired PC's performance ought to increase.
    Heh, my PC's perfomance would skyrocket.
    How about sideways pyramids, with the tip of the pyramids being the way you face?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryai- View Post
    What I would love to see is a kind of Tattoo parlor which would offer lots of different designs for your characters body or arms or even face. The races with fur; Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren, could get Warpaint designs since you can't tattoo fur but would basically be the same thing.
    I just wanted to point out I like this idea, and that you can indeed tattoo something with fur, it's done often with horses and cattle, it requires a branding tool or burning of the skin. For horses almost every color the fur grows back in white, while the lighter colored horses the fur grows back in much darker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bewb sliders. I want epic boobs!.........also tattoos, more piercings and different body proportions.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    As much as I've tried to be realistic about what they'll do with the new models, at least some of me is hopeful enough to come up with some ridiculous fantasies about what they could do but obviously won't. My top three are:

1) Different casting animations that interact with weapons. I'd love to channel a spell through my staff or direct spells with my dagger if I had it equipped. As it is your weapon is practically invisible as a caster, and it sucks. Maybe even class-specific, like warlocks could use daggers to cut open to the nether and that's where your fire comes from or something.

2) Enough creative license to give a lot more character for racial animations. There's a good amount of character and flavour for a lot of the races, but some have so much unused potential. Humans are so boring, but I don't know what could be done about that. Dwarves could use a lot more weight behind their strikes, full-body movements but less actual jumping. Gnomes and Goblins could obviously make do with more jumping. Make Draenei vindicators use heavy overhead smashes as if they are smiting someone. Make Blood Elves haughty and arrogant and graceful, spells blossoming from dismissive gestures. Orcs that are savage and uncontrolled, like the Orc in the original cinematic. Make them savage even when casting, more arm movement and gathering of power to unleash it. Night Elves that are reckless and graceful at once.

3) Animate robes with their own set of bones too. I want flowing sleeves and swishing hems. I want pieces that ripple when I move or cast. Doesn't have to be realistic, just has to have something going on.
    Bigger tits! And broader thighs! Hubba hubba!

15+ Year Old Account
    the two 'semi realistic' choices I'd opt for are sub races, and the option to hide undead protruding bones.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my main wish is to be able to choose where/how my weapons sheath/display
    I would LOOOOOOOVE to be able to put certain weapons on my back instead of always on my hip or be able to sheath my daggers like that dagger chick in crouching tiger hidden dragon (the young girl) and also an option to have fist weapons always show (except when crafting or otherwise doing something with my hands that would look stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The goal is to have all of the Vanilla race character models updated for release, but that isn't set in stone.
    Can someone explain this to me? I mean, they release an xpac with no new race/class, while the only implementation being the new models and it is still debatable whether the Vanilla races will be ready for release or not? Vanilla races should have been a given, not to mention the Blood Elves and Draenei.