Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 5.4.2 - In-Game Store, Nov 21 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, Twitch Event, Conan

Fey Dragon and Brew Pup Bundle Giveaway

Reaper of Souls Secret Level, New Demon Hunter Visual Tier, Over 140 Legendary Screenshots

5,000 Beta Key Giveaway, Feedback Survey Details, Top 50, Golden Arena Cards

Patch 5.4.2 - In-Game Store
    Patch 5.4.2 adds a new UI to the in game store that will support many more categories than are currently used. After placing an order, you will receive an email and addition to your Battle.Net transaction history, just like any other store order.

Right now it is using the experience boost potions as a test item, which are only for sale in Asian regions. There have been no announcements to indicate this will be changing anytime soon.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_CANCEL - Cancel
    • BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_CONNECTING - Verifying...
    • BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_SUBMIT - Submit
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_ARS - $%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_AUD - $%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_BRL - R$ %s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_CLP - $%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_EURO - %s EUR
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_GBP - GBP%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_MXN - $%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_RUB - %s RUB
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_CURRENCY_FORMAT_USD - $%s
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_DISCOUNT_TEXT_FORMAT - -%d%%
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_PAGE_NUMBER - Page %d/%d

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes - November 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    • Resurrection spells cast by players now ignore resurrection timers.

Pet Battle
    • Battle Pets
      • Kovok's Pheromones ability now deals 50% less damage.
      • Murkalot's Righteous Inspiration has had its cooldown increased to 8 rounds (up from 5 rounds).
      • Murkalot's Shieldstorm is now on the same tier as Righteous Inspiration.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    lack of tanks -> tank can not do anything with shiny new tank gear besides raid. Make tanks be able to quest properly
    Tanks are pretty awesome at questing. Even healers aren't bad these days. (Source)

what's a good fix then?
    Weaking temp stats boosts makes both the boosts and dot snapshotting less interesting. (Source)
    we don't like wild dps swings cause of uncontrollable rng why is this so hard to understand
    Neither do we. Dot snapshooting mattering so much was a major cause of this. "On the pull" uberness is another. (Source)
    We don't think the answer is no RNG though. Being able to react to RNG keeps combat from becoming rote and predictable. (Source)

Anything to say about classes being homogenized prior to MoP classes felt like they each had a niche, now it all feels similar
    I think that is fair, but too often before the answer was just bring X class and bench Y. We need a happy medium. (Source)

I get you don't like the mod. Nevertheless, DoT specs are pointless when you remove snapshotting. No room for skill.
    I don't think you're understanding my point. The mod is what you seem to be calling skill. There really isn't much skill. (Source)
    If there was no mod and you had to learn from experience when to refresh, then I might buy it. (Source)

Any plans to reduce number of spells? Failed finger acrobatics is frustrating. Ignoring spells too. 10% too many?
    We would like to, but is a controversial proposition. Every spell is someone's favorite. (Source)

Vengeance was a mistake from the start. Tanking never felt so boring in Vanilla/TBC as it does now. Threat should matter.
    Threat is only fun for the tank, not for the rest of the group who just feel throttled if threat is ever in question. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    and exactly how often does "more DPS" become optional when talking about guilds pushing players to minmax?
    If you die all the time from not moving out of stuff, then you are doing much less DPS than taking the talent. (Source)

How do you feel Focus has worked out for Hunters? It feels very, very short term for decisions. Mana let you plan ahead more.
    We like it overall, in that a resource that expires in an encounter feels bad for DPS. But we do like hunters resource driven. (Source)
    I think we were too generous with base focus return, which meant that at high gear levels you can ignore focus. (Source)

Maybe I missed this, but is Snipe targetable or not? "Carefully Line Up" infers not.
    The intent is that it is targetable. The line up bit is just to explain why you can't move. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    are paladins ever going to get their auras back? they just feel like glorified warriors without them and it made them unique.
    In theory, perhaps. In practice you just picked Devotion Aura unless you were mounted or had a particular resistance fight. (Source)
    Overall, there are precious few examples where the "pick one of this mode" mechanic really works for classes. (Source)
    Flavor over function. IMO, not everything about every class must be spreadsheet-approved.
    I agree, but the swing was quite large. In order for flavor > function to work, the delta can't be as big as old Devo. (Source)
    Otherwise, it's not flavor. It's just playing badly. (Source)

Hi, just asking out of curiosity, do you have any plans on putting Divine intervention back?
    No. It was very buggy and mostly seemed popular because it skirted repair bills, which doesn't feel very heroic. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Are you planning to revamp Shadow priests? Their kit needs a good review in 6.0
    Pretty happy with them overall. We're open to things like banking orbs and removing games to start a fight with orbs. (Source)
    In other words, we will polish the mechanics but don't think they need a massive overhaul. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Do you feel the Rshaman stacked niche has worked finally? Can we expect this niche to stick going into WoD?;o
    They feel pretty good in 5.4 though we think Chain Heal was more fun when targeting mattered more. (Source)

Twitch.tv Presents World of Warcraft Special Show This Weekend
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This Saturday, November 23, explore World of Warcraft with popular gaming host Soe Gschwind-Penski and two seasoned adventurers starting at 21:00 CET on Twitch.tv! Read on to find out what you can look forward to from this awesome interactive event.

Memory Lane
    Raakel ‘Xenophics’ Hämäläinen and Pekka ‘Arx’ Aaltonen, from the Finnish guild Paragon, will take a trip with Soe down memory lane to legendary places in Azeroth and Outland. Discover what made World of Warcraft special for them – you just may feel the same way.

Let’s Party!
    This event will be an interactive adventure, and you can participate through Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, and in-game. (Check out the links below.) Soe has lots of activities planned for you, which she will unveil during the show. Be sure to watch the stream on Twitch.tv to join the party, and to find out about in-game activities and prizes!

Welcome Back
    If you haven’t set foot in World of Warcraft for a while, you may have missed some cool new content and features. As veteran players since the vanilla era, your hosts will explain what World of Warcraft offers you today. We’ll be happy to have you back!

The Best is Yet to Come!
    We announced the next World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, at BlizzCon 2013. If you missed the panels, our hosts have you covered! Soe, Xenophics, and Arx will present you with some of the impressive new features you can look forward to in Warlords of Draenor.

We’re counting on you to join in the adventure this Saturday on Twitch.tv. You can also check out the stream on ESL.tv, and participate via ESL’s Facebook and Twitter feed. See you there!

Details
    When: Saturday, Nov. 23 at 21:00 CET
    Where: Twitch.tv or ESL.tv

Play Warlords of Draenor at DreamHack Winter 2013
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We recently revealed that we’ll be heading to DreamHack Winter 2013, which runs from November 28 to December 1 in Jönköping, Sweden. As promised, here are details on some of the exciting activities we’re organizing during the event. Those of you watching all the fun unravel from home can also take part!

Play Hearthstone, Reaper of Souls, and Warlords of Draenor!

This year, you can visit our booth to try out three of our newest titles: digital strategy card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; the Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls; and the latest World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor.

Hearthstone Photo Booth
    Immortalize yourself as a Hearthstone hero! Our full-size card frame allows you and a friend or two to become the subject of a Hearthstone card. Strike a deadly pose, and enjoy the moment forever with a souvenir photo.

Heeeeeeere’s Jaina!
    Our very own Jaina Proudmoore, a.k.a Yami, will be accompanying us to DreamHack this year. Aside from guarding our booth against any rogue magical attacks, Jaina will be there to greet those of you who are brave enough to approach her. We’ll also be sending her on numerous perimeter checks, so feel free to say hi if you see her on her travels around the halls. She’s a huge Hearthstone fan, so why not challenge her to a battle?

Contests and Quests Galore
    Epic goodies will be plentiful for valiant adventurers who participate in the thrilling competitions we’ll have set up at DreamHack. More details will follow soon, but here’s a glance at some of the main attractions:

• Hearthstone Quest: Available to players at home and at the event. Find our clues, unlock the seven secret cards, incorporate them into a deck, and then challenge us!
    • Sound-A-Like Stage Contest: Think you can imitate the sounds of Hearthstone? Join us on stage and do your best to mimic some of the game’s most iconic vocals.
    • CardCraft: If you could create your own Hearthstone card, what would it be? Each day we’ll set up a new category. Bring us your entries, and the best one will win a prize! You must be a DreamHack Winter 2013 attendee to enter this contest.

Hang Out with Blizzard
    All visitors to DreamHack Winter 2013 are welcome to stop by our booth any time during the event. If you’d like to chat with members of the European Community team, kick back on our couch and play Diablo III on console, mingle with Jaina Proudmoore, or just come and say hi, please do!

DreamHack Winter 2012, photo by Oskar Uhrbom

Finally, for the eSports fans, keep your eye out for news of the DreamHack Winter 2013 StarCraft II tournament!

If you’re unable to travel to Jonkoping this year to take part in all the fun, fear not. We’ll be keeping you fully up to speed via our social media channels. Our dedicated Twitter feed will be regularly chirping away with updates from our booth and our activities.

Whether you’re at home or at DreamHack, we want to see your Blizzard-themed pics and vids on Twitter. Just include the hashtag #BlizzDHW with your tweet. If it’s cool, we’ll share it with the world! If it’s really good, you might even win something.

We look forward to seeing you at DreamHack Winter 2013! To find out more about the event, visit the official site.

Conan at BlizzCon
    Conan was at Blizzcon this year, helping out with arena casting and trying our Warlords of Draenor.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-11-23 at 09:51 AM.

Im really not opposed to an in game store. Anything to make leveling my 2509th alt faster is fine by me.

Hype for Soe hosting the Twitch event, and hype for DreamHack Winter ft. Darude

Anything to get the leveling done as fast as possible is cool with me. Although don't really see the need for the shop to be in game but hey, what's it actually going to change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see Conan video and I'm angry about having to switch up VPN at the moment... GRR!!! (pun intended)

So they're giving away a free 90 and then selling potions that help you level faster for RL money... right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they sell gear in there so I can gear up as fast as anyone else!

Conan was HILARIOUS. Also, not a fan of in-game store. But business is business. Having it right there for quick access will lead more people into buying things without hesitation.

Instead of working on more important features like implementing new models and putting REAL BoA heirlooms in game, they put another cash grab, this time IN GAME for all the lazy people who can't buy it through a browser.

Awful people.

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    Instead of working on more important features like implementing new models and putting REAL BoA heirlooms in game, they put another cash grab, this time IN GAME for all the lazy people who can't buy it through a browser.

Awful people.
    Real BoA Heirlooms are in for Warlords unless you are talking about something else. The people working on the systems/UI are unlikely to be the people working on the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post

Awful people.
    That'd be somewhat correct if the same teams worked on those things.

Except they don't.

Not doing the "cash grab" will not change the release dates of the new models or the BoA cross-realm mailing/BoA page for WoD one BIT. Not in the slightest.

The Conan bit was rather entertaining. I lost it at "u mad?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised by the Conan video the other night while watching my daily Conan, I found the whole thing funny. Conan & the Female Draenei "Dem Thighs".

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as the stuff in the in-game store are only things like experience potions or other cosmetic items, or accessing stuff from the Pet/Mount shop in-game, it's fine by me.

The in-game store updates are really unsettling me.

J. Allen Brack must not watch much late night TV, he seemed pretty annoyed with Conan

Not sure how I feel about the In game store, but it is what it is.

can't watch conan in Australia :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Conan is funny but when I was watching the arena matches it was kinda a bit annoying. lol

I was happy when the real people ran the arena commentary because their gameplay callings were amazing.

Laughed like hell at Conan, was awesome.

Actually I watched the full commentary of him for three arena matches the other day; the other two commentators were pretty serious the whole time and sort of just said 'certainly, absolutely' and didn't kind of go along with it. Would've been more entertaining if they lightened up but I guess that's part of what made it so funny.