Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

WoD Feels Barebones

Feels like the least amount of content for an expansion ever.

Probably is, actually.

I guess that's why they are removing flying - to artificially increase the longevity of the mediocre content.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're changing less to do with the core game because they believe it's good where it is.

They're not adding Classes/Races because it can turn into a clusterfuck of balance, and draws attention away more collective activities (like Garrisons).

I guess they believe the game is in a good place right now (gameplay wise, and balance issues aside). Maybe the next few expansions will be small tweaks and treats until the game runs down.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

Deleted
    You seem to preach tears and outrage everywhere, yet your acc name is the thing you hate most. Stop living in denial. Wod will have more content than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjumurac View Post
    They're changing less to do with the core game because they believe it's good where it is.

They're not adding Classes/Races because it can turn into a clusterfuck of balance, and draws attention away more collective activities (like Garrisons).

I guess they believe the game is in a good place right now (gameplay wise, and balance issues aside). Maybe the next few expansions will be small tweaks and treats until the game runs down.
    There's other content than race/class addition you know.

Maybe something like dungeons. WoD does seem quite skimpy when it comes to dungeons....

Content is created with no-flight in mind. The same way content was created in wrath with flying in mind (ICC quests). This expansion has brought more features in the announcement trailer alone than any other. More important ones, I should say. A whole new zone, ALL old races get updated (very hard to do), garrisons, new raiding structure and functionality, improved night graphics (see shadowmoon valley), a lot of UI improvements for bags and etc, and a whole bunch of other crap that I can't remember at 4 in the morning.

But alas, your name and lack of evidence backing your claim leads me to believe this post is only meant to incite others on the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll likely wait until the expansion is over before I start comparing it to other expansions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    You seem to preach tears and outrage everywhere, yet your acc name is the thing you hate most. Stop living in denial. Wod will have more content than ever.
    "hypetrain"

Okay, bro. Nice proof, too.

I'll likely wait until the expansion is over before I start comparing it to other expansions.
    All I'm comparing it to is MoP's release content. It might have more in the patches but in terms of raw content, this one seems like it has the least amount. I don't consider new models for existing races to be content, because it can't be consumed. I don't consider the feature level to 90 as content. Actually, I'd say that's a negative in terms of content, because it's a feature that helps you SKIP content.

And they've already confirmed that leveling in WoD is going to be the fastest, so logically it's objective to say that the leveling content will be smaller in WoD than it is in MoP.

MoanaLisa, just lock this or ban him, his above post just proves he's trolling. He only responds to the same crap he spews out :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxvriin View Post
    There's other content than race/class addition you know.

Maybe something like dungeons. WoD does seem quite skimpy when it comes to dungeons....
    they said unlike MoP they will release instances during the course of the expansion
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    Don't just focus on what we'll see at launch: in Mists of Pandaria Blizzard proved its devs are more than capable at releasing good quality content at a rather fast rate, what makes you believe it won't be the case in Warlords of Draenor as well? I actually believe we will see a lot of cool stuff by the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Probably is, actually.
    Probably does seem that way since over the last 2 expansions they've massively overhauled parts of the game. All of Azeroth in Cata and in MoP we had an entire new class + a complete rebuilding of the talent system from scratch on top of the normal expansion features. They are only re-doing the character models for Warlords. While this is highly anticipated it's not really "content" in the way most people think about it. I still have little doubt it will be an extremely good and entertaining expansion, but time will tell.

Look at the brightside - We'll probably have a shorter beta cycle than we did with MoP and maybe even shorter than Cata.

Deleted
    Let's look at the features shall we? :

>New continent with 7 new questing zones and a new PvP zone. Pretty equivalent to every other expansion.
    >Garrisons, a pretty huge feature that's on par with the other large features from prior expansions like scenarios say.
    >New Models. Now I would have preferred new races and then new models released through patches, but the work load is probably more than equivalent.
    > 2 new raids with 16 bosses total. MoP had 3 raids with 16 bosses total, so while you could make an argument for environment design the amount of content is equal (and without seeing the raids we have no idea how varied their designs will be.)
    >Revamped UBRS vs. revamped Scholo and SM in MoP. So a bit less content here.
    >6 new dungeons vs the 6 in MoP. Entirely equal and perhaps offers more content than MoP depending on the size and number of bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore I think we can expect a lot of patch content throughout WoD. They've said they plan to reintroduce patch dungeons and we also have at least one patch zone confirmed - Forahlon, which from the map will be the largest zone ever introduced in a patch. There's also the island to the south of Nagrand which I think we'll almost certainly explore, and possibly the Ogre continent as well (though personally I think they'll leave that for another expansion.).

Theres been a topic like this every expansion.

i dont remember being told anymore at reveal for previous expansions than we have been now. They dont reveal everything at this point. its just the over arching concepts that we know for now.

we have little to no reference or source to talk about the entire package. We know cursory things at best. the same thing as before.

a lot of things they arent changing, is good. Not changing what already works, (IE not breaking a good thing) is wonderful.

We dont know baout the updates/changes to classes, professions, etc. We havent even seen armor and weapon models yet.

so it feels barebones, because barely anything has been shown. non of the inner workings are revealed yet cept for a few key things and the over arching concepts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Probably is, actually.

I guess that's why they are removing flying - to artificially increase the longevity of the mediocre content.
    Could be true.

Cant really say as PTR is not up yet. Removing flying is also a way to gain time for designers.

But the barebones image is really true for this xpac.

I'm interested to see what content we'll have for each leveling zone as far as quests and max level things to do goes. 7 dungeons and 2 raids isn't going to be a very interesting end game and neither is an entire end game built around timeless isle.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but if they are rolling them out at a faster pace then it is fine with me.

If it is at the old, slower pace: then no. It does not bode well at all.

How about we don't judge a game that's not even in beta yet on the amount of content it has?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I'm interested to see what content we'll have for each leveling zone as far as quests and max level things to do goes. 7 dungeons and 2 raids isn't going to be a very interesting end game and neither is an entire end game built around timeless isle.
    The raiding is identical to MoP. Dungeons may or may not be less, depending on what they do with UBRS.

The least raid content so far was Cataclysm, though WotLK technically had the least new raids.

We have very little knowledge about what we're going to be getting. Flying isn't being removed it's being slightly postponed due to players constantly bashing the inception of flying (they drown out the group who do like flying).