Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...

@Harmonious:

As for whether or not it's being restricted to Asian servers, I just highly doubt they would go through the effort of making a whole new UI-element and "Battle Coin" currency if they only intend to use it in one region. Perhaps I've misread the situation, however. I'll remain skeptical until Blizzard officially denounces the possibility.

On the point of them selling level 90's, they mentioned in one of the Q&A's they were talking about the idea. It's not confirmed, and I didn't say that it was. From their inflection, it did seem sort of likely, but that's pure speculation on my part.

As for my comment of being level 95, I think you missed the point I was trying to make. If a person is leveling twice as fast at you, then presumably you'll be level 95 when they hit 100 (probably not completely accurate, but close enough). At that point, they can begin running Heroic Dungeons and begin Raiding, while you are still leveling up. However long it takes you to reach level-cap, is how much of a direct advantage they have over you. Considering it took most players anywhere from 3-6 weeks to go from 85 to 90 (some did it faster, but very few on my server), I would expect a similar time-frame for WoD, if not a bit longer. However, if they're considering the possibility of selling XP-potions, then logic dictates they will stretch the leveling-process out even further, in order to make those potions seem even more appealing (after all, how many people in this very thread, alone, have said they would "happily" purchase an XP-potion already?).

At that point, again, you're weeks behind the money-paying competition. And contrary to what people would like to believe, no amount of "skill" will EVER overcome a substantially better-geared player, barring that the person in question is just terrible at the game. Given the amount of power-creep we've seen in this expansion alone -- hell, just since Siege of Orgrimmar was released -- if you want to be even mildly competitive, then you're going to have to hit level-cap as quickly as possible. Thus, the XP-potions would provide a huge advantage, and in the hands of someone committed to leveling quickly anyways, it would simply be impossible to compete with them, at the very least until the next content-patch.

Again, though, perhaps I've jumped the gun, and Blizzard will come out and say "No, we are not going to sell XP-potions in the West". If that's the case, then I'm a jackass. All signs seem to suggest otherwise, however. I hope someone can prove me wrong, as I seriously think it would fundamentally hurt WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this thread is like watching a wall argue with another wall.

I always thought WoW was more about the end game these days, after leveling 5 or 6 times it gets pretty old so i don't have a problem with this. Also, i doubt it will be available for 90-100

#1. It's not P2W. People seriously need to get a reality check and what "Winning" really is.
    #2. It's for Asian servers(May expand to EU/NA if Blizzard feels it's right)

P2W is not EXP boosts.

P2W would be more along the lines of buying gear, Power buffs etc. This would be more along the lines of Paying for convenience really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    After reading the OP me and my friends decided to cancel our subscriptions.
    Well, at least something good came out of this thread then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still want to know if OP uses BoA gear, if he is in a guild and gets the exp boost guild perk, if he uses the Darkmoon Faire exp buff, and if he has used the Timeless Isle exp flask.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, an xp bonus is simply leveling faster, is it not? And kinda loses it's use later. It's not like it's purchasing a permanent 50% increase to all stats and unbalancing the player base with it... now that might be a different story.

Some people need clarification on what "pay to win" is.
    In the first place, it has to let you 'win'. So to start ask yourself; does leveling faster allow you to "win" at something? I suppose a leveling race, but besides that no.
    Digging deeper, the idea behind pay to win is that you can buy, with real world currency, an advantage over other players that cannot be reasonably acquired without buying it. So ask yourself, do you ever reach a point where you are unable to reasonably level without paying for the booster? the answer is, once again, no.

What people should be focused on isn't whether an exp booster is "pay to win", but rather if it's okay to further monetize an already heavily monetized game. Cash shop exp boosters aren't the only way to fix the leveling problem, Blizzard could be putting your subscription money to work to make an in-game solution, but instead they're charging you extra for the solution. Is that okay?
    I would say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that pay to win?

People have been leveling from 1- max level for years now, and we still find people that stand in the fire.

I fail to see how buying a 90 will make this any worse. You still have to stand in fire for 10 levels before you can stand in fire in raids.

Hitting max is not winning the game. It's just the beginning of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    After reading the OP me and my friends decided to cancel our subscriptions.
    Is there a possibility you will stop roaming mmo champion as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by watsiin View Post
    Hitting max is not winning the game. It's just the beginning of it.
    Not really the leveling zones have stories to be told and that is enough of a reason to do them but I totally agree with you leveling isn't crucial.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Well, at least something good came out of this thread then.
    He cancels his subscription alot apprently, thats if he even has one, but I agree maybe he will not see him around anymore.

But seriously, most of people freaking about the data mining are the same people that complained during 5.4 PTR. In due time the patch will come out & the store will not be in-game & everything can back to normal & people will hopefully realize they jumped the gun or complained for the sake of complaining. I seriously think the new currencies showing up are for the new Store & there is a good chance that store could be connected to the Battle.net Store.

I doubt we will other stuff that Asia will get if the store does come in, but I'm sure we will prbly have the norm (Mounts, Pets & Server Transfer / Faction Stuff. We all know Asia loves micro transactions.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-25 at 02:46 AM.

Love how it is only for Asia, great news for the gold farmers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Man, this thread is like watching a wall argue with another wall.
    I think its more people are complaining for the sake of complaining with people unaware of the situation getting dragged into it without knowing if it is true or not.

What most forums posters on MMO-Champ know, weither you play WoW or not their are people who will beat something until the very end just to cause problems & most of time they may not play WoW they will just follow the crowd & hate on anything. But will try to defend saying its there opinion, yet we know its not really a opinion about the feature or such, it's more a goal to hate on anything that can be turned into something controversial.

Like Flying Mounts, A New Store replacing the Blizzard Store (Which in a way kinda worries me alittle) & basically anything that can be turned into a negative light.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-25 at 03:05 AM.

Would be kind of funny in that ironic sort of way if we have reached the point where we can pay extra to avoid playing the game.