Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    PvE vs PvP gear disparity

    I came back to wow after taking a break during thunder island patch, after catching up on conquest and getting some grivous gear i went to timeless island to have some world pvp fun...

    I was astonished to see players going around with 800-900k hp nuking down pvp geared people in a few GCDs.

    It really is a completely hopeless fight it feels much worse then going into battleground with green quest gear. Ive seen poeple grouping up to take down a 900k hp PVE monster in 5v1 fights and still struggle this is insane. This is worse then old vanilla naxxramas days when people geared in naxx used to own everyone else. I hope blizzard fixes this in the next expansion because questing and world pvp will really be a pain.
    Last edited by Victoriaautmors; 2013-11-23 at 05:59 PM.

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    108
    I hope not PvE gear should stay the strongest in the PvE world with the exception of dedicated wpvp zones. You want to kill people they toned down Pve gear in instanced PvP you can't have both.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    I hope not PvE gear should stay the strongest in the PvE world with the exception of dedicated wpvp zones. You want to kill people they toned down Pve gear in instanced PvP you can't have both.
    i hope you have 63 better posts than that.

    why does everyone who likes this crap make the same inherently flawed argument.

  4. #4
    There is hope! All the PvE heroes will have their undeserved advantage stripped from them in the expansion. PvP gear will once again be BiS for all PvP - period - as it should be.

    The lead PvP designer on WoW said in a recent tweet, "Current pitch would be conquest and heroic gear have same ilevel. PvP Power becomes part of the budget."

    Reference: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/400020059609116672

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by dkomposer View Post
    i hope you have 63 better posts than that.

    why does everyone who likes this crap make the same inherently flawed argument.
    Why does everyone who likes PvP think they need to be best at everything? Enjoy being second class? Your choice of play will never be the main focus of the game no matter how much you want it to be.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    I hope not PvE gear should stay the strongest in the PvE world with the exception of dedicated wpvp zones. You want to kill people they toned down Pve gear in instanced PvP you can't have both.
    this so much this

    its the pvpers bitching about flying in open world pvp not happening....then bitching when they get roflstomped by pve gear ina pve zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    I hope not PvE gear should stay the strongest in the PvE world with the exception of dedicated wpvp zones. You want to kill people they toned down Pve gear in instanced PvP you can't have both.
    /thread right there.

    You're out in the environment ofcourse the heroic PvE-gear is going to be stronger PvE = Player vs Environment.

    There are plenty of buffs you can pick up around the isle that gets you up on those hp-levels even with your PvP-gear on.

    So tired of PvP-heroes who wants to have everything outside of their mini-game.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    /thread right there.

    You're out in the environment ofcourse the heroic PvE-gear is going to be stronger PvE = Player vs Environment.
    This is such a senseless argument that I've created a canned response for PvE heroes like you. It's more than you deserve:

    As for the "the world is a PvE environment" nonsense, that's blatantly false. Tell me, what constitutes a "PvE environment?" Computer-generated monsters that can attack you, right? But uh-oh! That's not all there is to the "world," is it? There are players out there who you can fight and who can kill you. Smells like PvP to me. The truth is that the "world" is a mix of both PvP and PvE, so tell you what: how about we make PvE gear best-in-slot for killing computer-generated monsters in the world and make PvP gear best-in-slot for fighting players in the world? I lost you, didn't I? It's a complicated concept for a PvE hero to understand, I know, but just consider for a moment that "Player-Versus-Player" gear should actually be the best sort of gear for fighting other players and that "Player-Versus-Environment" gear be the best sort of gear for fighting the computer-generated environment. I have yet to see anyone explain how this is an unfair or irrational suggestion.

    Whether you like it not, PvE hero, your undeserved advantage is about to be stripped from you. Reference the lead PvP developer's comment I linked. You have made no investment into PvP gameplay, so you should not dominate in PvP gameplay. Deal with it. Go back to your scripted PvE fights with addons holding your hand and telling you how to kill computer-generated dragons.
    Last edited by Jediguy; 2013-11-24 at 06:48 PM.

  9. #9
    The issue is the scaling of the opponents.
    You and 9/24 others killing something, or you vs 1.
    The numbers simply are not going to be right for both.

    The only solution is complete isolation of the gear, to remove the possibility of using it in the other side of content.
    They are utilising what is available to them, and you can do the same.
    The only difference is you choose not to, but still choose to whine.
    Exactly the reason why we got landed with the flying restrictions, because some narrow-minded elitists decided their choices should apply to everyone, and kicked up a huge amount of noise.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-24 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    This is such a senseless argument that I've created a canned response for PvE heroes like you. It's more than you deserve:

    As for the "the world is a PvE environment" nonsense, that's blatantly false. Tell me, what constitutes a "PvE environment?" Computer-generated monsters that can attack you, right? But uh-oh! That's not all there is to the "world," is it? There are players out there who you can fight and who can kill you. Smells like PvP to me. The truth is that the "world" is a mix of both PvP and PvE, so tell you what: how about we make PvE gear best-in-slot for killing computer-generated monsters in the world and make PvP gear best-in-slot for fighting players in the world? I lost you, didn't I? It's a complicated concept for a PvE hero to understand, I know, but just consider for a moment that "Player-Versus-Player" gear should actually be the best sort of gear for fighting other players and that "Player-Versus-Environment" gear be the best sort of gear for fighting the computer-generated environment. I have yet to see anyone explain how this is an unfair or irrational suggestion.

    Whether you like it not, PvE hero, your undeserved advantage is about to be stripped from you. Reference the lead PvP developer's comment I linked. You have made no investment into PvP gameplay, so you should not dominate in PvP gameplay. Deal with it. Go back to your scripted PvE fights with addons holding your hand and telling you how to kill computer-generated dragons.
    This. So much this. I remember fighting rare elites was hard in PvP gear, so I'd put on my raid gear to do things like that. If I was fighting players in wpvp I would wear my pvp gear. If you are wearing PvE gear you should be at a stark disadvantage against a pvp geared player, not dominating despite poor play and poor itemization the way many are now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    /thread right there.

    There are plenty of buffs you can pick up around the isle that gets you up on those hp-levels even with your PvP-gear on.

    So tired of PvP-heroes who wants to have everything outside of their mini-game.
    Ill bite.. those buffs you talk about are there for the people in pve gear too. you do realize that? hence your argument is invalid.

    pvp =pvp gear should reign.
    pve =pve gear should reign.

    common sense. you should try it sometime. its pretty awesome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    This is such a senseless argument that I've created a canned response for PvE heroes like you. It's more than you deserve:

    As for the "the world is a PvE environment" nonsense, that's blatantly false. Tell me, what constitutes a "PvE environment?" Computer-generated monsters that can attack you, right? But uh-oh! That's not all there is to the "world," is it? There are players out there who you can fight and who can kill you. Smells like PvP to me. The truth is that the "world" is a mix of both PvP and PvE, so tell you what: how about we make PvE gear best-in-slot for killing computer-generated monsters in the world and make PvP gear best-in-slot for fighting players in the world? I lost you, didn't I? It's a complicated concept for a PvE hero to understand, I know, but just consider for a moment that "Player-Versus-Player" gear should actually be the best sort of gear for fighting other players and that "Player-Versus-Environment" gear be the best sort of gear for fighting the computer-generated environment. I have yet to see anyone explain how this is an unfair or irrational suggestion.

    Whether you like it not, PvE hero, your undeserved advantage is about to be stripped from you. Reference the lead PvP developer's comment I linked. You have made no investment into PvP gameplay, so you should not dominate in PvP gameplay. Deal with it. Go back to your scripted PvE fights with addons holding your hand and telling you how to kill computer-generated dragons.
    Had to quote this as it sums up the issue brilliantly. hope it is dumbed down enough for the thick to grasp. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh screw off with your pvp crap, FINALLY Arms is used for raids and now your complaining that its too op for pvp?! Really?! If you say its op then learn to play your class better so you can destroy us its not that hard to destroy a warrior just dont let them get in close

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    Why does everyone who likes PvP think they need to be best at everything? Enjoy being second class? Your choice of play will never be the main focus of the game no matter how much you want it to be.
    Funny because it's ironic. PvE player only has to do PvE to dominate in PvE content and world PvP. Normal-heroic PvE gear is so much better in world PvP right now, that it even compensates you for the bad pvp skills because you have huge health and can't be killed fast. Furthermore, PvE geared people can drop anyone in seconds right now. Currently as it stands: Doing PvE grants you the best gear for fighting other players in the open world.

    How do you think it feels to do PvP every week and collect the set that is supposed to be the BiS gear when fighting other players, and discover that you can get roflstomped by people with mediocre raiding gear in the world. Your PvP set is pretty much useless outside arenas and battlegrounds. You think it's funny having to avoid world PvP with PvP gear because you stand no chance if the dragonslayer you meet is not entirely braindead? PvP gear should be the gear that has advantage everywhere when you fight other players. PvE set can still be the best for daily questing, mob farming, soloing, dungeons, raids etc. There is just no point that it's BiS for world PvP too.

    Think about it this way: Would be lots of fun for you that you raid every week and collect the loot to get stronger and I can join your raid with my PvP gear and do 100-200% more dps than you do. eh?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Funny because it's ironic. PvE player only has to do PvE to dominate in PvE content and world PvP. Normal-heroic PvE gear is so much better in world PvP right now, that it even compensates you for the bad pvp skills because you have huge health and can't be killed fast. Furthermore, PvE geared people can drop anyone in seconds right now. Currently as it stands: Doing PvE grants you the best gear for fighting other players in the open world.

    How do you think it feels to do PvP every week and collect the set that is supposed to be the BiS gear when fighting other players, and discover that you can get roflstomped by people with mediocre raiding gear in the world. Your PvP set is pretty much useless outside arenas and battlegrounds. You think it's funny having to avoid world PvP with PvP gear because you stand no chance if the dragonslayer you meet is not entirely braindead? PvP gear should be the gear that has advantage everywhere when you fight other players. PvE set can still be the best for daily questing, mob farming, soloing, dungeons, raids etc. There is just no point that it's BiS for world PvP too.

    Think about it this way: Would be lots of fun for you that you raid every week and collect the loot to get stronger and I can join your raid with my PvP gear and do 100-200% more dps than you do. eh?
    if you join MY World you get destroyed
    if i join YOUR World i get destroyed

    hard to understand huh? World PvP is D E A D since Vanilla actually it was never realy alive


    I like it when all these pillar hugging apes try to gank me and fail at it <3

  14. #14
    It just occurred to me, though I may be missing obvious arguments against it.

    Why not add -PvP Power (Yes, MINUS) on PvE equipment?

    Doesn't have to be a BIG difference, just enough to offset a decent amount of ilvl (numbers should obv be calculated and tested).

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    It just occurred to me, though I may be missing obvious arguments against it.

    Why not add -PvP Power (Yes, MINUS) on PvE equipment?

    Doesn't have to be a BIG difference, just enough to offset a decent amount of ilvl (numbers should obv be calculated and tested).
    Or they could just reinstate resilience, really. Or remove the default resilience damage reduction and let PvP power rule by default.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Useful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    428
    make pve gear downscale to 522 when entering Timeless Island = problem solved. Whats happening right now, especially on TI - is a shame for Blizz. I also equip my pve set (lfr+upgrades=530 ilvl) when questing there and getting globaled by anyone with 570+. I know this sounds like a nerd rage and bla bla bla. But this is a hole Blizz dug by themselves and its getting filled with pvp geared players corpses.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    make pve gear downscale to 522 when entering Timeless Island = problem solved. Whats happening right now, especially on TI - is a shame for Blizz. I also equip my pve set (lfr+upgrades=530 ilvl) when questing there and getting globaled by anyone with 570+. I know this sounds like a nerd rage and bla bla bla. But this is a hole Blizz dug by themselves and its getting filled with pvp geared players corpses.
    2 problems:

    1) TI is full of PvE content
    2) We, PvPers, want something that works equally everywhere, while being fair to everyone

    (I must say, I have no exp with TI PvP, my server is dead and I barely see anyone on TI, atleast while I was there)


    Still, I think the best option is:

    1) Half (or something) Default Resilience and distributte the other half on PvP gear
    2) Add -PvP Power on PvE gear

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Or they could just reinstate resilience, really. Or remove the default resilience damage reduction and let PvP power rule by default.
    Well, yes..but we'd see too many "one shots" again xD A compromise might work well, though

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Well, yes..but we'd see too many "one shots" again xD A compromise might work well, though
    True, but I think I can live with one shot stuff :P Besides the PvE'ers will still have a lot more health than us, they just won't have the resilience like the pvp'ers.

  19. #19
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    108
    Learn to PvE once a week and you to can have real gear.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    Learn to PvE once a week and you to can have real gear.
    "What is this, I dont even...."

    I'm sorry, I'll have to ignore your post, cause it brings no arguments and only looks down on PvP as it was something lesser.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •