Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

It's now out, got a copy today. The graphics are really well done and I like the controls. I only finished the first dungeon but so far I like it.

Deleted
    not as good as a link to the past (my fav zelda) but its up there.. havent bought it yet.. another to get before christmas.

Definitely one of my top games this year, even though I just obtained the Master Sword. Fun, great music (ugh, can't wait to get the soundtrack, especially with the remixes of other Zelda music you can hear in the bar), etc. etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    not as good as a link to the past (my fav zelda) but its up there.. havent bought it yet.. another to get before christmas.
    how can you say link to the past is beter if you haven't even play albw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    how can you say link to the past is beter if you haven't even play albw?
    i never said ive not played it.. ive not bought it. big difference.

- - - Updated - - -

bitterly disappointed i didnt pre-order for the musical chest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got to Lorule. So far I'm loving the game. The 60 FPS and the 3D effect are spectacular. Nintendo did another great job on the OST as well. Might just be one of my favorite Zelda titles (next to Wind Waker).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! Nintendo has released 2 masterpieces this week and I am so happy to grab both of them. Good job Nintendo.

Really looking forward to getting this at some point, A Link to the Past is one of my all-time favorites, and this looks extremely promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has gotten a lot of possitive reviews and well the people who have played it confirm so, wanting a 3ds so bad!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it trumps A Link to the Past, which is by far one of my favourite Zelda games in terms of the replayability and timelessness of such a game, but A Link Between Worlds is by far the best portable game in the franchise when it comes to being an original game. The DS games were atrocious and Minish Cap was pretty tripe.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just beat it today... With 2 Defeats. (Not sure if there's an extra cutscene for no defs)
    The game was fantastic, except Frost (Ice?) Ruins; it gave me a headache.
    And now it's time to beat Oracle of Seasons.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Anyone enjoy the nice Majora's Mask in Link's House?

Possible hint? I hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Anyone enjoy the nice Majora's Mask in Link's House?

Possible hint? I hope so.
    Omg I would love a Majora's Mask HD remake on the 3ds. Majora's Mask is possibly the most darkest zelda out there, with its amazing storytelling through its environment.

As for ALBW, just finished the thieves hideout dungeon, this game is getting better and better. Definitely a permanent keep for me, no friend nor family member shall touch this holy cartridge.

I picked it up Friday morning and started playing it after I got done with my classes. I could not put it down. It was amazing (in my opinion). Of course, that also means I've gotten no studying down for my exams tomorrow and Tuesday, but it was worth it!

DAT OST, OH MAN DAT LORULE THEME YESSSsssSSss

its fun

3DS is really a phenomenal console.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-11-25 at 08:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm absolutely loving it so far, have only got 3 or 4 Lorule dungeons left to go before the final one.

I am loving how nostalgic it all is! Everything reminds me of its prequel! The music is mostly updated versions of the original, the layout is the same, in many ways its kinda like playing the original but with a slight twist!

I wasn't sure about the item 'rental' service before hand, having played it I do quite like it, but I think something isn't quite right.... Either the game isn't hard enough (pre-lorule it is absolutely trivial) so the risk of losing your items isn't really valid. Or rupees come in too easily, at the point where Ravio said I could buy items to keep I already had enough rupees to buy 6 items outright. Its certainly an interesting mechanic, but IMO needs tweaking... Not sure if there is a 'hero' mode like on other recent Zelda titles, but it might work better in that if there is...

I can definitely see why its been getting such good reviews though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm absolutely loving it so far, have only got 3 or 4 Lorule dungeons left to go before the final one.

I am loving how nostalgic it all is! Everything reminds me of its prequel! The music is mostly updated versions of the original, the layout is the same, in many ways its kinda like playing the original but with a slight twist!

I wasn't sure about the item 'rental' service before hand, having played it I do quite like it, but I think something isn't quite right.... Either the game isn't hard enough (pre-lorule it is absolutely trivial) so the risk of losing your items isn't really valid. Or rupees come in too easily, at the point where Ravio said I could buy items to keep I already had enough rupees to buy 6 items outright. Its certainly an interesting mechanic, but IMO needs tweaking... Not sure if there is a 'hero' mode like on other recent Zelda titles, but it might work better in that if there is...

I can definitely see why its been getting such good reviews though!
    There is. In addition to, obviously, things hitting harder, monsters/bushes/jars/rocks don't drop hearts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    There is. In addition to, obviously, things hitting harder, monsters/bushes/jars/rocks don't drop hearts.
    Thats good to hear! Same as the other hero modes then basically? I did think for the most part things were too easy. I only died once and that was when I got surprised by the flame thrower things east of the Tower of Hera and it one shotted me. I like that some of the puzzles take some figuring out, for example:

in turtle rock it took me a while to figure out you can freeze the see-saws, I'd been trying to dash to jump the far end...

unless I was missing something I was given no hint to go and find the zoras to get the flippers, it was only because you had to go up that was for something similar in the snes version that I thought id try it. Possibly I'd missed some clue somewhere, but seemed odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Thats good to hear! Same as the other hero modes then basically? I did think for the most part things were too easy. I only died once and that was when I got surprised by the flame thrower things east of the Tower of Hera and it one shotted me. I like that some of the puzzles take some figuring out, for example:

in turtle rock it took me a while to figure out you can freeze the see-saws, I'd been trying to dash to jump the far end...

unless I was missing something I was given no hint to go and find the zoras to get the flippers, it was only because you had to go up that was for something similar in the snes version that I thought id try it. Possibly I'd missed some clue somewhere, but seemed odd.
    I followed my LttP nostalgia and went Zora hunting after the the first dungeon.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have finished the dungeons in the desert, swamp and the thieves hideout so far and I do like a lot of the twists and the changes to a lot of the mechanics and bosses.