Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Omg I would love a Majora's Mask HD remake on the 3ds. Majora's Mask is possibly the most darkest zelda out there, with its amazing storytelling through its environment.
    Exactly because of the atmosphere and the importance of its environment do I want a Majora's Mask remake for the Wii U and not the 3DS. The Wii U would be able to make it that much better of an experience, and evidenced by a fan-created trailer too.

Deleted
    Isn't this just Link to the Past with shinier pseudo-3D graphics

What's the point

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

What's the point
    its technically a sequel with a slightly different story (well all the zelda stories are largely similar - find ##objects in dungeons, save zelda)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Exactly because of the atmosphere and the importance of its environment do I want a Majora's Mask remake for the Wii U and not the 3DS. The Wii U would be able to make it that much better of an experience, and evidenced by a fan-created trailer too.
    I would be happy with either a Majoras Mask 3D, just like they did with OoT, or a remade HD version for the Wii U, however they do have a brand new Wii U zelda title in the works, so I'd say its more likely to be a MM3D port to 3DS if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Anyone enjoy the nice Majora's Mask in Link's House?

Possible hint? I hope so.
    “Oh, one more thing. I see many of you have been asking about a remake of Majora’s Mask for Nintendo 3DS. It’s nice to see such a strong response to this title and we haven’t forgotten about Link’s adventures in that world. If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may better understand what I mean by that.”
    Was said by Eiji Aonuma. But come on, ofcourse they will remake it. It was a great LoZ game and they would be dumb to not remake it.
    I'm more looking forward to that LoZ for the Wii U (the new one) then MM ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Thats good to hear! Same as the other hero modes then basically? I did think for the most part things were too easy. I only died once and that was when I got surprised by the flame thrower things east of the Tower of Hera and it one shotted me. I like that some of the puzzles take some figuring out, for example:

in turtle rock it took me a while to figure out you can freeze the see-saws, I'd been trying to dash to jump the far end...

unless I was missing something I was given no hint to go and find the zoras to get the flippers, it was only because you had to go up that was for something similar in the snes version that I thought id try it. Possibly I'd missed some clue somewhere, but seemed odd.
    God that thing was so annoying. Took me a while to figure it out too... Kept searching and searching but aaargh lol.
    For the flippers, well honestly, you can know you need them the moment you look at the map.

All in all, it's a good game. But, for my taste, the dungeons are a little too easy... Maybe just me, but i don't know. Yeah some things are annoying to figure out. See-saws was not really clear cause if you miss aim, you won't notice it...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

It's a really great game, but if you've played other 2D Zelda's, the puzzles and dungeons just feel a bit predictable. I guess that's why it's a bit short and easy. I finished it with only dying once and that's because I didn't realise you could hit those enemies with your sword (in aLttP you had to kill them in a different way) and got surrounded.

Now it's time to find the rest of the hearts and Maiamai's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Omg I would love a Majora's Mask HD remake on the 3ds. Majora's Mask is possibly the most darkest zelda out there, with its amazing storytelling through its environment.

As for ALBW, just finished the thieves hideout dungeon, this game is getting better and better. Definitely a permanent keep for me, no friend nor family member shall touch this holy cartridge.
    Apparently Grezzo is going to be working along with Nintendo on a remake for the 3DS. With how good Ocarina of Time was on it, they can use a similar framework for the combat and inventory system that they used previously, since the original Majora's Mask had a similar setup.

What's the point
    You say that like that would be a bad thing?

It's a different story. It is technically a sequel set a few generations in the future from LttP so you aren't even the same Link.
    A few things have changed from what you would remember from LttP and the method of obtaining items is COMPLETELY different from any other Zelda game.

Basically they wanted to remake LttP without actually remaking LttP. They stated when the 3DS first came out that they wanted to remake LttP since it was the favorite of so many people (including a lot of the Nintendo heads), but rather than a straight-up remake they gave us a sequel.

Also, I have to say the framerate of this game feels superb. I could almost swear this game was running at 60fps....

And that Soundtrack...oh my god that soundtrack....All the old LttP songs redone in what is either orchestrated or very-well synthesized styles that just sound amazing.

One of my favorite Zelda songs ever:

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz View Post
    It's a really great game, but if you've played other 2D Zelda's, the puzzles and dungeons just feel a bit predictable. I guess that's why it's a bit short and easy. I finished it with only dying once and that's because I didn't realise you could hit those enemies with your sword (in aLttP you had to kill them in a different way) and got surrounded.

Now it's time to find the rest of the hearts and Maiamai's.

See, that's what I enjoyed most. The puzzles felt really oldschool and a breath of fresh air from the OOT way of doing things. It feels like a quicker paced Zelda, much like LttP did and is absolutely the perfect fit for a handheld console. Not even the DS Wind Waker-style ones felt this good to play.

So I'm all for them doing more in this style.
    Last edited by Keile; 2013-11-25 at 04:25 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account

What's the point
    Its a better game, with better gameplay mechanics, and features a better story IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look at it this way, what has Nintendo given us in terms of portable Zelda games over the course of the franchises history?

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (DX) (Gameboy and Gameboy Colour)
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (Gameboy Colour)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords Adventure (Gameboy Advance)
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
    The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)

Out of those 6/7 games, 5/6 are originals and 1 is a port. Three of those games were utter shit, Minish Cap gave me vision pains because everything was so fucking small, Phantom Hourglass while not as bad as Spirit Tracks in terms of the design of the game, it was repetitive as balls having to repeatedly do the same tower with multiple floors each time you finished a dungeon. Also, who the hell makes an adventure game where the travel is literally on rails? The mechanics of the DS games alone was terrible, but the whole story and the design of the levels was stupid in both games, not to mention the controls were garbage.

Zelda DX is by far and away the best original game in the franchise for a portable and while I loved the Oracle of Ages and Seasons games, they aren't as good as A Link Between Worlds, but they are pretty close. The other original games on portables were pretty bad. I liked the port of A Link to the Past for the GBA but Four Swords Adventure felt tacked on and is insanely short.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    See, that's what I enjoyed most. The puzzles felt really oldschool and a breath of fresh air from the OOT way of doing things. It feels like a quicker paced Zelda, much like LttP did and is absolutely the perfect fit for a handheld console. Not even the DS Wind Waker-style ones felt this good to play.

So I'm all for them doing more in this style.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it as well. I like the 2D Zelda's a lot more than the 3D ones, because of the puzzles. It just lacked some more "oh, so that's how you do it" moments (such as with the seesaws and getting a Maiamai out of the wall the first time ).

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's doesn't quite top Link's Awakening, but this is definitely my second favorite handheld Zelda game. Everything about it is fantastic.

Now to find a place to download the soundtrack from and I'm set for life.

Pretty great game. Everything you could want in a console Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Octboball Derby deserves an award for worst minigame ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just beat this last night. Love the arena type mini game where you have to go through each floor fighting waves of mobs. The money you make at the end on Advanced I think was a little over 4000. The baseball mini game is hard.

Overall I really enjoyed the game. I think it may have been too short of game as well as too easy of a game. Haven't done hero mode. It is by far the best handheld game I have ever played as I have never wanted to just sit on a couch and play a handheld game. I usually keep my handheld play time reserved for Airplanes and bathrooms.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    I think Octboball Derby deserves an award for worst minigame ever created.
    Yes indeed.