Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    as a resto druid your aiming to have prison and depending on fight multistrike or cleave trinket, the healing trinkets pull ahead and don't require you to go in melee where it could cause problems for the raid, out of all the healing trinkets available in SoO the bindings comes behind them all.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    this isn't an option instead of the healing counterpart, it's an option instead of dysmorphic, thok's or nazgrim. And no it's by no means better stats on the healing one....
    Also if it proccs of healing spells, purified bindings is BiS on par with PPP..... why would someone even try to discuss that PPP is BiS and bindings isn't if the procc, proccs often enough -.-, by any means having both is an even bigger increase. also would like some logs that can confirm the procc chance of bindings for healers.
    Rapsidy uses Bindings (and doesn't yet have Prison). Here's one of their recent logs, the buff is called "expanded mind." worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-afht44q7pj9s4z7y/details/7 The proc is available just as often as for Prison, but since you can only proc it by deliberately meleeing, it's effectively an on-use with a CD roughly equal to 115 seconds. The stats are identical (assuming the same ilevel on both), but equipping a 2nd one is a greater increase than the first one, since you benefit from the bonus you got from the first one.

I'll experiment with the Naz flex trinket, since I have that one as well, on non-stack fights, and with Thok's trinket on a couple of stacked fights, and see how well they seem to compete with the mastery/critical healing from Bindings. I'm certainly open to switching my setup, but so far, I was pretty unimpressed by Thok's performance.

My shadow priest main that fills in for healing very often has coined Immersius and Sha of pride every week since the 4th? week when we started doing our heroics. I've never coined either trinket, we've had a total of 6! Prismatic Prison of Pride drop or coined across everyone and I got my Purified Bindings of Immerseus finally about a month ago(non warforged still).

Luck has plenty to do with drops.

I use my heroic bindings to heal as disc purely for it's passive with no proc but that's as a crit based healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Candescently View Post
    Rapsidy uses Bindings (and doesn't yet have Prison). Here's one of their recent logs, the buff is called "expanded mind." worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-afht44q7pj9s4z7y/details/7 The proc is available just as often as for Prison, but since you can only proc it by deliberately meleeing, it's effectively an on-use with a CD roughly equal to 115 seconds. The stats are identical (assuming the same ilevel on both), but equipping a 2nd one is a greater increase than the first one, since you benefit from the bonus you got from the first one.

I'll experiment with the Naz flex trinket, since I have that one as well, on non-stack fights, and with Thok's trinket on a couple of stacked fights, and see how well they seem to compete with the mastery/critical healing from Bindings. I'm certainly open to switching my setup, but so far, I was pretty unimpressed by Thok's performance.
    I agree with the performance from a thok trinket, only upside I've had with it was the Dps increase with hotw, dysmorphic samophlange would be the only option actually, with passive intellect which fits better for a healer, and proccing spirit which is no different from regular spirit really.....

he had 8.3% uptime, 0% during kills ironically.

the crit healing from the trinket is also worth a little bit, especially when using regrowth, 17% stronger regrowths is nothing to laugh about. (with both trinkets that is)

dysmorphic is better though, but I somehow still would prefer purified bindings it's like 3.6k more stats.
    more for someone in BiS gear
    Last edited by theburned; 2014-03-02 at 12:18 AM.

Dysmorphic may indeed be better, though it also depends on itemization once you get it - you may or may not be able to reforge out of any more spirit to really make the most of it. I didn't have a chance to try Thok's on some clumped fights or Naz's trinket on spread-out fights yet. It's a little difficult to make a direct comparison, since most flex groups have more than 10 people, which would favor Thok's more on the stacked fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Personally I haven't even glanced at that trinket. To me it just sounds like a bug, and even if they'd fix that melee-swinging I don't think that a healer would (I know I don't) have time to stand and melee a boss? :P
    exactly. as a resto druid I'm not usually close enough to the boss to be hitting it with melee hits.

OT: just go boomy as your OS and you'll have a really good DPS trinket to use.