Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I know that's not the reason why the devs went out of business, but I'm just saying that so little people bought it that they didn't even break even.

The problem was that breaking even was too ambitious for the amount that they borrowed, especially with a brand new IP.

They REALLY should have scaled the production down. Thankfully, however, the IP goes up for auction, soon, and I read somewhere that no less than 20 or so developers were interested in it. So hopefully, the Amalur world isn't dead. There's some promising things, there, to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for some perspective, they hired R. A. Salvatore to help the story, and Todd McFarlane to do the creature designs. Those two alone were huge money sinks as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    The problem was that breaking even was too ambitious for the amount that they borrowed, especially with a brand new IP.

They REALLY should have scaled the production down. Thankfully, however, the IP goes up for auction, soon, and I read somewhere that no less than 20 or so developers were interested in it. So hopefully, the Amalur world isn't dead. There's some promising things, there, to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for some perspective, they hired R. A. Salvatore to help the story, and Todd McFarlane to do the creature designs. Those two alone were huge money sinks as well.
    Also don't forget "Ken Rolston, the lead designer of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

Its like I said on page 1 they spent way more money then they had and though because those 3 big names was on the game it would sell just as good as "Spawn/Elder Scrolls III&IV/The Dark Elf Series"

Hell SquareEnix got upset when all that Tomb Raider/Hitman together sold was like 3.5mil and KOA sold a lot less then that. Also like I said it did not help that Skyrim came out around the same time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD