Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Invade a country that 80%(guesstimate) of your imports come from and has a one million man standing army. Seems you'd have to be bat shit crazy to contemplate this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The standard political playbook is to start a war when your approval rating has been trashed. Obama is hated by the public and I wouldn't put it past him, but starting something with China is a bit of a stretch. Depends on how crazy Obama truly is.
    I don't think he's as crazy as his detractors.
    Putin khuliyo

You would never invade China. You would bomb the shit out of it and let them starve.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    No war, but China will get pushy and flex its muscles as long as Barry or a pathetic democrat is in the White House.
    How about you do us a favor and demonstrate how it is to not be a disrespectful coward yourself and call him by his real name, Obama, like every other respectable human being does - OK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    You would never invade China. You would bomb the shit out of it and let them starve.
    And in the mean time people go apeshit when they cannot buy cheap electronic goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Just some nations flexing over some stupid islands. If you go to war over that crap, I'm gonna despair for how ridiculously infantile the human race is. It's just some damned islands and they want to kill each other over it?!
    You'd be surprised at some of the petty things humans will kill others over.

Its only a matter of time until China makes a move. The clock is ticking.

Deleted
    I dont think either the US or China is dumb enough to start WW3..

Obama would be impeached before a war on china happened. It would end up being WW3 and USA would get fucked.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

a war with China literally favors neither country

15+ Year Old Account
    OP got some (non)valid point about war or just taking cheap shots at politicians?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Yeah... about half the country and rising hates him.
    hate does not mean what you think it means

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    ...weak, indecisive president.
    With Bush is was too much war-mongering, with Obama, there's not enough war.

I hope you do go to war with China, and I hope Russia gets involved and all three of you cripple yourselves so badly that the rest of the world can finally ignore you.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

I hope you do go to war with China, and I hope Russia gets involved and all three of you cripple yourselves so badly that the rest of the world can finally ignore you.
    You might just have stumbled upon the solution of slowing down global warming
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

HA! Misery loves company, if we can't be happy, we'll make sure you all aren't either.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    How about you do us a favor and demonstrate how it is to not be a disrespectful coward yourself and call him by his real name, Obama, like every other respectable human being does - OK?
    i dont think you should get your panties in such a knot over that. i would love to be called barry. barry is a great name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Its only a matter of time until China makes a move. The clock is ticking.
    They have literally nothing to gain from going to war with the USA.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think China and Japan have been arguing over disputed islands for longer than Israel has even existed. No, seriously. This is nothing new. If anything this is business as usual. Rather than this being an indication of some oncoming war, those two agreeing over a deal with the water borders between their two countries and the islands that populate it would be an indication of a lasting peace and an end to longstanding tensions between the two. This is the status quo, and the status quo is not war with China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    They have literally nothing to gain from going to war with the USA.
    Angering their biggest trading partner, check
    Massive military expense when they're already struggling financially to catch up to the West, check
    Generally less diplomatic support for their "side" should they initiate aggressions, check
    Inability to effectively strike at their enemy's heartland (ballistic missiles, sure, but you know they have defenses against those), while the enemy has multiple allied staging areas to effectively mount attacks on your heartland? Check (Japan, South Korea, most of Southeast Asia, India, etc).
    Technological disadvantage right out of the starting gate? Check

The only real advantage China has is population. Which isn't helpful in attacking the USA, unless they can get them across the Pacific, which they don't have the fleet to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    obama is hated by the public? any source on that or are you just BSing like usual.
    Just because you're in love with him doesn't mean everyone else is, retard.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-11-24 at 03:23 AM.