Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

30% Siege of Orgrimmar nerf

Very simply put, the past two expansions end-tiers were nerfed as time went on. ICC saw the player 30% buff, and DS was hit with the zone wide mob nerf. Do you think SoO will be affected by a nerf of this sort?

(This isn't a thread begging for it to be implemented, or adamantly demanding it not be put in; I'm just interested in opinions on the matter)

I'm actually surprised their isnt some kind of growing buff already implemented, considering their passed reputations for it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Deleted
    It will come sooner or later

Nope isn't needed we've got a minimum of six months before the next expansion (and more likely eight actual), by all means start the nerfs at two months before the next xpac but not now.

That is what item upgrades are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    I'm actually surprised their isnt some kind of growing buff already implemented, considering their passed reputations for it
    'their passed reputations for it'

There wasn't one in T14, the nerf came after T15 came out.

There wasn't one in T15, the nerf came after T16 came out.

...Why would we get one in Siege now? Item upgrades are the new nerf system, haven't you heard?

15+ Year Old Account
    I expected that 5.5 would bring some short-lived story quest chain to segue into WoD, and would also bring the nerf/lootbuff up another tier. So they'd up the chance for loot drops on LFR/Flex, and continue bumping up the loot drops on the prior tiers. I want to see 100% drop rates for MSV/HoF/ToES!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    That is what item upgrades are for.
    This. They already stated b4 implementing item upgrades that they were made to allow guilds struggling with content to progress on bosses without having to get new loot. If this is true - then they'll have no reason to nerf the content

Contrary to my prior post, another reason why they wont, is the mount you get just from killing garrosh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Deleted
    i need this in lfr!!!!!
    cause i am casual now and i only do lfr once a week with my "main-twink"

its not fun this time, but i cant live without a staff

I haven't done the math, but I wonder if the item upgrades are equal to the typical 30% buff.

However, kudos to Blizzard for implementing a nerf to the game that not only makes people not pointlessly bitch about it -- but like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    'their passed reputations for it'

There wasn't one in T14, the nerf came after T15 came out.

There wasn't one in T15, the nerf came after T16 came out.

...Why would we get one in Siege now? Item upgrades are the new nerf system, haven't you heard?
    He's meaning that their past reputation of nerfing the end tier content (ICC and DS) like the OP stated

OT - Highly doubt it...with the four levels of raiding happening it feels like Blizz thinks there is suitable content for everyone and room for progression for people in raiding

when new content comes-nerf away. i dont really care. but since they added Thunderforged/warforged + upgrading system i dont see any point in doing so when its a current tier. even if its the last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between Item upgrades and warforged gear, the content nerfs itself over time.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Nope isn't needed we've got a minimum of six months before the next expansion (and more likely eight actual), by all means start the nerfs at two months before the next xpac but not now.
    Because ICC didn't actually last a lifetime...

Does no one follow the dev's twitters? I asked this a few days ago:
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/403946825238847488

Deleted
    Yup it will come at some point

10+ Year Old Account
    With 2/2 item upgrades & warforged gear now, I don't think this will be implemented.
    Also as mentioned with 4 different difficulties now, this should keep both casual & hardcore raiders happy enough till the next expansion.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Im surprised we haven't heard anything about a progressive nerf yet for SoO. DS already received its first nerf somewhat 1 mount after it came out, and we're already 2 months into SoO now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Yup it will come at some point
    i really hope for that