Exclamation Leveling my first guild to 25. Need some advice.

Sup everyone so I decided to form my own guild and I was wondering for those that have leveled a guild to 25 this xpac what is the most efficient and fastest way to get a guild to 25? a lot of people just tell me to recruite people from trade but problem is no one wants to join a level 1 guild because well there are no perks in a level 1 guild. So ive been slowlying leveling it up on my own mostly by doing arenas and helping people cap for free, but thats starting to get tiring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your friends are right that recruiting is the best/fastest way to level to 25...offering weekly raffles, free guild repairs, frequent guild events etc is a good way to draw people in. Otherwise, you can continue to solo level...if you have the cash, RAF yourself and dual level two of your characters in guild.

Personally I think the way to go is to recruit. It will be slow going at first, but it will pick up quickly once you have a few regulars in guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Your friends are right that recruiting is the best/fastest way to level to 25...offering weekly raffles, free guild repairs, frequent guild events etc is a good way to draw people in. Otherwise, you can continue to solo level...if you have the cash, RAF yourself and dual level two of your characters in guild.

Personally I think the way to go is to recruit. It will be slow going at first, but it will pick up quickly once you have a few regulars in guild.
    Why would anyway want to join a lvl 5 something guild if they can have all that and more in one of the countless lvl 25 guilds existing? There is zero incentive.
    The guild lvl system is just another example of cataclysm's phenomenal failure.

what server?
    what faction?
    us or eu?

let me know i only screw around playing nowadays but i'll level a toon slowly in your guild to help out

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why would anyway want to join a lvl 5 something guild if they can have all that and more in one of the countless lvl 25 guilds existing? There is zero incentive.
    The guild lvl system is just another example of cataclysm's phenomenal failure.
    Not really true, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who like joining low level guilds...def not as common as people who prefer level-capped guilds, but a lot of people like building a guild from the ground up.

I'm not a fan of the guild level system either, tbh. Guilds should be about community, not about perks.

Not really true, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who like joining low level guilds...def not as common as people who prefer level-capped guilds, but a lot of people like building a guild from the ground up.

I'm not a fan of the guild level system either, tbh. Guilds should be about community, not about perks.
    Too bad they are about the perks. I play on a server of 200,000 people, which you think would be enough, right? Wrong. They either decline your invitation or ignore you for a level 25 guild. Everyone's gone through this at some point and ended up getting the SGI (Super Guild Inviter) add-on which everybody thinks would solve their problem. Even after using that, you're still stuck having an empty guild.

My guild's been level 6 since Cataclysm and it's almost impossible to level up unless I do it myself or have friends that have the intention of staying in that guild and leveling with it which even doing that is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post
    Too bad they are about the perks. I play on a server of 200,000 people, which you think would be enough, right? Wrong. They either decline your invitation or ignore you for a level 25 guild. Everyone's gone through this at some point and ended up getting the SGI (Super Guild Inviter) add-on which everybody thinks would solve their problem. Even after using that, you're still stuck having an empty guild.

My guild's been level 6 since Cataclysm and it's almost impossible to level up unless I do it myself or have friends that have the intention of staying in that guild and leveling with it which even doing that is hard.
    If you have the gold, offer people 5k if they level 1-90 in guild. You only need about 7-8 people to do this in order to get the guild to level cap, especially if you get a few ppl who level together.

I've seen people do it! It's hard, you have to go the extra mile for guild members (helping them w/quests, being available in vent/guild chat, other perks for being a part of the guild) but it's definitely doable. Mileage may vary depending on the server, however.

If you have the gold, offer people 5k if they level 1-90 in guild. You only need about 7-8 people to do this in order to get the guild to level cap, especially if you get a few ppl who level together.

I've seen people do it! It's hard, you have to go the extra mile for guild members (helping them w/quests, being available in vent/guild chat, other perks for being a part of the guild) but it's definitely doable. Mileage may vary depending on the server, however.

Seems rather risky. Do you give them the 5k AFTER they have hit level 90?

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Seems rather risky. Do you give them the 5k AFTER they have hit level 90?
    Yes >.< Otherwise I doubt they'd actually finish.

Could also offer a 25k pot the the first person to hit 90 in the guild, instead :P And weekly prizes thereafter. Prizes/guild events are really effective for casual guild leveling.

Yes >.< Otherwise I doubt they'd actually finish.

Could also offer a 25k pot the the first person to hit 90 in the guild, instead :P And weekly prizes thereafter. Prizes/guild events are really effective for casual guild leveling.
    What about running lowbies through dungeons? Does that generate any xp?

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    What about running lowbies through dungeons? Does that generate any xp?
    I'm not sure :P I want to say no, but I might be wrong about that. Next xpac, probably, with the new mentor system (reduces your level to whatever is appropriate for the dungeon, if you queue through LFD).

Leveling a tank alt works well for recruitment, people appreciate the insta-queues.

Deleted
    I had people level a guild for me from 1-25 by recruiting low levels. It took a while though, I want to say 4-6 months, I wasn't really counting, I didn't contribute to the levelling process, but what I did was - unlock all guild banks. Stock the guild bank regularly bags and low level materials. Have a high cap on guild repairs. Ran weekly competitions (a gold lottery for everyone who had contributed to the guild activity in the last week) and chatted to people actively. Then I just whispered unguilded people - I never spam invited, never ginvited anyone if they didn't whisper me to accept, I just whispered them and asked if they'd be interested in joining a guild and listed the perks and told them to msg me if they had any questions or were interested.

If you want to go quickly I guess you could invite a weekly prize to the person in the guild with the highest exp contribution, perhaps if you get some level 90s you could offer a decent prize to those who play the most guild arena in a week (not sure how you'd calculate that) as that's one of the quickest ways to level a guild still. You might get some people to add their level 90 alts for the competition.

Personally I like creating new chars on different servers; if someone spam invites me a ginvite I will almost always decline. If someone sends me a interesting whisper listing some perks and seeming like a friendly person, I will probably give it a go. I'd rather help someone out than be another faceless invite in a big level 25 guild. At the end of the day it's all for farming, people invite you to farm exp, or to farm money for the guild bank. I'll pick the one with the nicest whisper.