Thread: BSOD's

BSOD's

Hey guys,

So recently I re-installed my new pc as I bought a new HDD.

Now I'm in the process of buying a new case/psu/gpu. I know for a fact my GPU is dieing and im not pleased with my current psu. My gpu basically sounds like a jet taking off when I play bf4 and it's losing performance, not sure if this is importnat info regarding my issue.

I've been getting BSOD's out of nowhere today, 6 so far.

I've been trying to read the .dmp files with WinDbg but it honestly is pretty crap. All I've gotten out of it is:

-Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe Crash Adress: ntoskrnl.exe+75b80
    -Memory Management 0x000001a
    -After quickly trying to read my latest BSOD (which was during prime95 test), I saw something about my cpu... 1 core not doing something, but ofcourse I can't find it back because they can't just create a normal log which you can open -.-
    -KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error code 0x0000001e

I've so far done:

-Memory test, when it was done I got a pop-up in my task tray that my memory had no faults
    -Tested both my SSD and my new HDD, both were fine according to the test.

The only things I can think of are that my OC isn't right. I'm right now testing a new OC.. Or could it be my graphic card that is dieing?

The strange thing is that I even got a bsod without running anything special, I was just browsing to find out about the bsod I got prior to that..

What else can I try? Could it be because my psu is losing power or something? I've never had this amount of bsod's really..
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-11-24 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check if you have any log on the minidump folder.

I've had a few BSOD's on my last computer and people told me to read the files there if there was any.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Not updating cpu-z is a solution? Wtf? Also, it seems that every crash is by something different....

On Sun 24-11-2013 16:14:41 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112413-4867-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
    Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x31, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880033D7180, 0x3)
    Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 24-11-2013 16:14:41 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: cpuz136_x64.sys (cpuz136_x64+0x1DD9)
    Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x31, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880033D7180, 0x3)
    Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
    file path: C:\Users\Stephan\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz136\cpuz136_x64.sys
    Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cpuz136_x64.sys .
    Google query: cpuz136_x64.sys CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

On Sun 24-11-2013 15:00:22 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112413-4446-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800A536028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 24-11-2013 14:15:19 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112413-4836-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800644D990, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 23-11-2013 15:53:53 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112313-4695-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x61982)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    product: Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows®
    description: TCP/IP-stuurprogramma
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

cpuz136_x64.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Deleted
    Try removing it completely.

Clean with Ccleaner

Still having the issue try rebooting with all start up programs disabled. If still having the issue try disabling all services not by Microsoft (start > msconfig).

Okay. Just removed it and cleaned with CC Cleaner.

Only problem is that it occurs randomly, even once while just browsing and nothing else. So I can't really reproduce the bsod. I guess time will tell...

Deleted
    Also possible that the mobo is dying.
    Also curious how do you know for sure the gpu is dying? (loss of performance could easily be something like overheating/pci slot not running at the right speeds or issues with cpu stability)

Well I've been playing BF4 with no issues for 4 hours now, previously I would get a BSOD after 5-10 min of playing but the BSOD issue seems to be completely fixed.

Well, one of the fan sounds like a jet is taking off, I've had artifacts and stress testing my gpu crashes it. It's not overclocked, fan speeds and temperatures are still correct..

It also still happens if I put my cpu on stock volts/speeds so it can't have to do with cpu instability and I havent changed anything to the pci slot, it just happened overnight (at the moment the fan started acting up). Another sign I've had is that my second monitor sometimes completely messes up, whenever I move something there it lags like hell while my pc is doing nothing. I've also had that screen clutter completely with all kind of random stuff, think those were artifacts aswell...

I WAS able to play bf4 on high settings but it just can't handle that anymore, I now play bf4 on the lowest settings possible and still have pretty heavy lag if something serious is going on on the screen...

Deleted
    You also have a new GPU arriving soon, right? Hope the BSOD is fixed as you mention.

Well, I still have to order it. Waiting for my salary which should be here in 2-3 days).

Ordered that PSU, new gpu and case will be here in 1 week I guess.

The BSOD seems fixed, atleast I haven't had it anymore! Too bad I can't reproduce it, I couldn't play bf4 at all anymore but now I was able to play it for 4 hours. Fingers crossed but I think it's fixed. Thanks!

Okay, I don't have ANY bsod's while using my pc (playing bf4 and other stuff I do).

The only bsod's I have is when it boots up, it's about 30% of the time. It doesn't make a bsod report for this, so I have no clue what's causing it...

A friend suggested a clean windows install, but i'd like to keep that as a last resort..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior