Gragas Dash "Nerf"

So, was this really a nerf? I think honestly he might be stronger now than he was with the changes they made. His dash IS a longer CD for mobility standards, thats for sure. Max CDR rank 5 is 7.2 seconds I believe, which is eh, I'll give to that. But the COMBAT power of the ability got a HUGE buff. His all in potential is soooooo much higher now, since you could:
    1. Dive into the fight at any time without fear of split dmg, so skill cap is lowered and the overall lane presence of Gragas is stronger now.
    2. HALF CD when he hits something. HALF. Im sure the CD before with max CDR was about 4.5 seconds. Now its 3.5-3.6 (cant be arsed for the exact numbers for a .1-.2 swing in cd). The slow lasts 2.5 seconds. That means with max cdr, rank 5, you WILL not escape him without a dash skill / flash. Also the half cd condition means more slams in a prolonged fight, so a buff vs more tanky targets yes?
    I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this nerf.

TL;DR
    The "nerf" to the dash has given Gragas MORE power, making him MORE of a lane dominance champ, and the CD vs roaming isnt that damaging in comparasin to the dmg buff it now provides.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's made it stronger for engages or farming. It made it weaker for escapes.

In my opinion, that's a good change.

I personally dont think it hit him hard ENOUGH on the escape side though. I DO like the reward for dashing in, since no gragas used dash for ANYTHING else unless it was a skirmish fight or escaping. But I think its an overall strength buff on an already STRONG champ.

He still will be able to escape relatively easily, Most dashes still dont have a shorter cd than his, even with the change.

not every change is a nerf :/

i think its more balanced how the dash works

having that short dash was pretty damn annoying to chase (more annoying than kass zzz)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    not every change is a nerf :/

i think its more balanced how the dash works

having that short dash was pretty damn annoying to chase (more annoying than kass zzz)
    cough nidalee cough

OP: I really think we will see more bruiser gragas due to body slam now doing same dmg to all targets. thoughts?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    dont forget riven
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I don't think it was necessarily meant to be a nerf. More of just a change.

Gragas is now rewarded for being an angrily, belligerent drunk who body slams into large groups of enemies, as he was intended to be. This cements his position in teamfights, initiating teamfights charging into enemies and building tanky. I think it was a brilliant change.

Before, it always bothered me that Gragas was almost stylized as a tanky AP bruiser with a combination of a damage reduction CD and a melee-range slowing dash as well as a larger health pool than most mages, but he basically played as any other mage did and in fact was so slippery he might as well have been Kassadin's obese, redheaded cousin. With this change he can still play like that if he wants, but I expect to see bruiser Gragas builds gaining a huge popularity spike.

I like this change as far as damage goes, it makes him stronger as far as clearing goes and I can actually clear a caster wave or even a melee wave without having to have a ton of ap.

The range nerf on his cask though is unfortunate.

The barrel detonation i find a alittle give and take as well. since you can activate it ALOT faster now, since the maditory delay has been shortened. Im hitting fizz with barrels since they arent used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    The barrel detonation i find a alittle give and take as well. since you can activate it ALOT faster now, since the maditory delay has been shortened. Im hitting fizz with barrels since they arent used to it.
    I was playing teemo earlier, was pretty stupid. Barrels hurt zomg, good thing the gragas wasn't good with actually engaging on me with his e or ult...