Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ner'Zhul staff !

Hi, i wonder if anyone else has noticed that the crystal on top of Ner'zhul staff really looks like a naaru heart, like the one from which Ashbringer was forged, and the one used to restore the Sunwell ?

I'm sorry i can't post image and I'm also sorry if my english isn't really good

Edit with part of my second post in this thread for this theory to be seen easier :
    Now, seeing people agree with me on this, i got a quite interesting (imo) theory : What if this IS actually a Naaru heart, and when Kil'Jaeden caught Ner'zhul, he corrupted the heart to a point that instead of feeding on light as a regular Naaru heart would, it would feed on souls, and forged Frostmourne with it ?
    Edit again : Wowpedia page for D'ore, the Naaru in Auchindoun, says that he became a void that "attracts and consumes souls"

It also says that the Ashbringer may have been crafted from a fragment of D'ore body ! Which could make Frostmourne and Ashbringer twin blades !

Seems that my theory could indeed be true !
    Last edited by mmoc2d6bd28e94; 2013-11-25 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Now that you mention it it indeed looks like it.

The Ashpole?

Maybe he found something within Oshugun or he took something from one of the draenei cities that was sacked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?
    I laughed more than I should have at this one. Oh god :')

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I laughed more than I should have at this one. Oh god :')
    You are not alone lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a relatively generic magical crystal, but I'd love to see it be something important.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

The Ashpole
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole confirmed as a legendary drop from Ner'zhul!
    For the Horde!

If the Dark Portal was never open then the crystal/stone that was used to forge the Ashbringer will still be somewhere in Draenor.

If it's anything significant, it might be one of the Ata'mal crystals. However, in this segment of time, Velen should have all of them.
    The Ashpole...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    If the Dark Portal was never open then the crystal/stone that was used to forge the Ashbringer will still be somewhere in Draenor.
    See, you're thinking like I am! I'm so hype for all the lore we're gonna be swimming in come Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's the Heart of Fury, the red shard of the Ata'mal Crystal that Durotan took from the Draenei. Although, in Ner'zhul's case, it would be more logical if it were the Brilliant Star, since it enhances magic powers.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Maybe it's the Heart of Fury, the red shard of the Ata'mal Crystal that Durotan took from the Draenei. Although, in Ner'zhul's case, it would be more logical if it were the Brilliant Star, since it enhances magic powers.
    Velen was using the Brilliant Star in the announcement trailer, that was that big, yellow, swirly, ultra-giga-smite he was channeling. There are 7 Warlords, and Velen definitely has all of them at this time. So if he gets dealt with or captured, it's possible all the Warlords will get one crystal. I don't think they fit a lot of them, but if Blizzard wants it to fit, it will.

The Ashpole.

So the crystal that will be forged into the weapon of LichKing/Ner'zhul's demise is in this world in his possession?
    We dead!

We SoO Dead!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted

Seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole...

Though wait, the Naaru arrived *after* Draenor became Outland. More timey wimey wibbly wobbly.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The Ashpole...

Though wait, the Naaru arrived *after* Draenor became Outland. More timey wimey wibbly wobbly.
    ACTUALLY, there were already 2 Naaru that arrived with the Draenei. You have to do the "legendary" Nagrand questline on Horde side (aka Thrall Come Home).

Deleted
    So what if the Ashbringer only was the counter-part (pretty much) to Frostmourne and the Lich King, because the crystal came from Ner'zhul himself. Or yeah. From the "Ashpole". Dude. That would be awesome.