Issue with Internet speed stability.

So in my house I have several PCs 1 connected via ethernet and the rest connected via WiFi.

The one connected via Ethernet is the one with the issue, it runs a x79 intel chipset and uses the inbuilt intel network card. (Full hardware specs below).
    The rest of the PCs have very good speed stability (sitting @ 6.2mb/s) whilst this one fluctuates a lot. - I have included an imgur gallary of speeds over the past few days. I cannot steam youtube videos or twitch.tv.

Here are the things I have tried to fix the issue.

• Reset Internet Router
    • Try New router
    • flush DNS
    • Different Ethernet Cords
    • uninstalling and re-installing network drivers
    • I have also tested a laptop via Ethernet and it worked fine so I think it has something to do with the PC.
    • EDIT: Uninstalling VPN Client (see below)

There is one thing that helped greatly.

Which was connecting via my University's Cisco VPN Client. This shot my speed to 5.5mb/s and was stable enough to watch youtube in 720p. However, the university charges $30 per GB of data through the VPN which doesn't go through the Uni Blackboard Framework so that isn't really an option

Full PC specs: (Media workhorse/Gaming PC)
    • i7 3930k
    • x79 Asus Rampage Forumla IV
    • 32GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
    • GTX 780Msi OC
    • Windows 7 64bit
    • Crucial 128GB SSD M4 (Boot drive)
    • Samsugn 256GB SSD 840 (Game Drive)
    • 4x3TB Seagate Barracudas (Storage Drives)

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2013-11-24 at 09:26 PM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Is this happening all the time? Have you ran tracerts? They can tell you where the issue may be. Also running wireshark on your computer can be helpful too.

Thanks for the ideas, I have already run virus scans and what not (nothing there) and I did end up buying a wifi card; but it was PCI and I don't have any slots on my MpBo, LOL! Just going to re-install windows
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    Thanks for the ideas, I have already run virus scans and what not (nothing there) and I did end up buying a wifi card; but it was PCI and I don't have any slots on my MpBo, LOL! Just going to re-install windows
    The MB built-in lan parts tend to go heywire (highwire?), should have bought a lan card instead of wifi. You don't have any PCI slots at all or any free?
    There is a USB ethernet adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-USB300M-.../dp/B001NLV4TQ
    Not that expensive and you can keep it for future.

Have you tried different cable itself? I had a faulty port instalation in the wall, the internet went out for no reason sometimes. I checked it with lan test from work. But not everyone can get their hands on one so that might be not an option.
    PM me weird stuff :3