1. #1

    Siegecrafter HC - Boomer disengage issues!

    So yeah, I've seen videos of boomers using our version of disengage by jumping in the pipe and being spat out and then disengaging back onto the belt.

    Except 'I' cannot guarentee replicating it. Many times I'll just drop straight down back into the pipe, between the pipes and into the abyss or land on the main platform. All of which means we fuck up the belt as disengage is on cooldown and the weapons are already on their way through the beam of death.

    Is there an art to it? Is it really that rng? Or am I just shit?

    Would love some boomers that have to do this as their job to give me some advice! I'm dying here

  2. #2
    I have yet to see any videos where this is possible and even hunters who use the disengage trick have to use the glyph so they disengage further (and higher as a result) to get back up to the conveyor belt so I don't think the moonkin 'disengage' can go far enough to hop back up.

  3. #3
    You could try to just run up the edge of the pipe instead of jumping down into it and disengage from there but I'm not sure you would be able to do that with drills/lasers/magnet/razorblade hitting you. Anyway I wouldn't recommend using boomkins on the belt, they are pretty much the worst class together with mages you can send up there. Melee and hunters can all dps on the move, so can Ele and warlocks (except for a few casts), and Shadow priests can use levitate (can be used on allies aswell so if a mage/boomkin do have to go it's best to go with a SP). On top of that boomkins are probably the best class to have on the boss full time, since you have a blink, multiple sprints, and possibly cloak to deal with all the crap you have to dodge. And boomkins are excellent at dealing with mines and empowered missiles.

  4. #4
    All of which is great and all but totally irrelevent to the question I asked. I'm fully aware of the effectiveness of being on the main platform. Keeping 2 people on belts full time is a massive dps uptime for the rest of the raid though. Which is why I am asking how it is possible to get on there every time using the pipe that spits you out to disenegage, not standing on the edge and disengaging as it is not powerful enough.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    All of which is great and all but totally irrelevent to the question I asked. I'm fully aware of the effectiveness of being on the main platform. Keeping 2 people on belts full time is a massive dps uptime for the rest of the raid though. Which is why I am asking how it is possible to get on there every time using the pipe that spits you out to disenegage, not standing on the edge and disengaging as it is not powerful enough.
    You use Boomkin Wild Charge 0.5-1sec after the pipe spits you out with the debuff. I'm sure it works cause I saw it on a live stream last night.

  6. #6
    So it is something as simple as timing?

    Also do you have the link for the stream? So I can study it closer
    Last edited by Cornish; 2013-11-26 at 01:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    So it is something as simple as timing?

    Also do you have the link for the stream? So I can study it closer
    Yeah its Ferrington

  8. #8
    It's easy to do, just mash your wild charge keybind the instant you see your fat boomkin emerge from the tube.

    Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    I have yet to see any videos where this is possible and even hunters who use the disengage trick have to use the glyph so they disengage further (and higher as a result) to get back up to the conveyor belt so I don't think the moonkin 'disengage' can go far enough to hop back up.
    There's two dissengage tricks. The one you're referring to is definitely harder, but not impossible to do as a boomkin. I had a 70% success rate before my guild found out the better tube method.

  9. #9
    It's not as easy as that. If you mash it as soon as you see your self emerge it goes on CD and you just get spat out as usual. Or at least that was my experience of it. So are you speaking from personal experience of just assuming that's what you can do?

    The balancing on the rim to disengage on then belt just isn't worth entertaining. We don't kill magnets, which makes that impossible.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    It's not as easy as that. If you mash it as soon as you see your self emerge it goes on CD and you just get spat out as usual. Or at least that was my experience of it. So are you speaking from personal experience of just assuming that's what you can do?

    The balancing on the rim to disengage on then belt just isn't worth entertaining. We don't kill magnets, which makes that impossible.
    Personal experience. What is your latency? Mine was 40ms during progression and our subsequent kills.

    Let me be more specific, when you see your entire body emerge, head, feet and all; that is when you start mashing. Not when you just see the tip of your head.

    Work out the timing in LFR or Flex, you might have to compensate for your latency. You could practice it on a hunter alt solo too (unglyphed), doesn't matter the level as long as it has disengage.

    Magnets don't affect balancing on the belt, you time properly using the tube with magnets so you're not disengaging when magnets are out. Regardless, since we don't have the same glyph that hunters do, balancing on the tube is too hard to effectively do.

  11. #11
    I stand corrected, seems I was either using it too late or too early. Thanks for the tip, they'll prolly fix it before I get to put it to good use now

  12. #12
    Hey there Cornish, I'm the druid that Juvencus linked to. I go up for every belt.

    I've found that the best practice is to hit your wild charge when your toon is leaving your screen. Too early and you risk dropping back down to the pipe (or the abyss), too late and you won't make it all the way to the belt. This has only happened once to me, so I'd say that being too early is much more risky than being too late. Your results may vary due to latency/reaction time etc. Just try and be consistent with when you hit it, and then play with the timing.

    I always let the belt pull me back. There isn't much point to being on the platform as A. you won't take damage on the belt and B. there's nothing in range to dps on the platform anyways.

    If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

    Hopefully this can serve as a reference to those that are interesting in doing this job for your guild. Here is the vid
    Last edited by Ferrington; 2013-12-01 at 05:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Wow what an interesting thread.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrington View Post
    Hey there Cornish, I'm the druid that Juvencus linked to. I go up for every belt.

    I've found that the best practice is to hit your wild charge when your toon is leaving your screen. Too early and you risk dropping back down to the pipe (or the abyss), too late and you won't make it all the way to the belt. This has only happened once to me, so I'd say that being too early is much more risky than being too late. Your results may vary due to latency/reaction time etc. Just try and be consistent with when you hit it, and then play with the timing.

    I always let the belt pull me back. There isn't much point to being on the platform as A. you won't take damage on the belt and B. there's nothing in range to dps on the platform anyways.

    If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

    Hopefully this can serve as a reference to those that are interesting in doing this job for your guild. Here is the vid
    Cheers dude, I really hate this boss now. Adding insult to injury our hunter just bailed too, so we only have me as the 24/7 belt dps'er. QQ. WTB pro hunter to pair up with!

  15. #15
    High Overlord Felocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    chrislol#1816 ama
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Anyway I wouldn't recommend using boomkins on the belt, they are pretty much the worst class together with mages you can send up there.

    Fire mages are actually pretty strong for the belts. Not that I recommend using them specifically but they have no handicap.
    One of our mages went as back up every kill that someone in one of the belt groups died (before you could ress someone whos died on the belt).

  16. #16
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2
    Start mashing the wild charge bind as your character leaves the top of your screen. Don't touch any movement buttons until you've successfully landed on the belt.

  17. #17
    just a question, is it possible for a boomkin to solo all the weapons in siegecrafter hc 10 man? or is it too much hp to be soloed and has to have always a dps with them?
    like for example
    boomy + dps 1
    boomy + dps 2
    boomy + dps 1

    or even

    boomy + hunter always on all belts assuming the hunter does the same thing?

    yea...i like lvling what can i say..

  18. #18
    Weapons have 12m HP, so you need a partner at this gear level. Hunter is ideal as you both can do belts full time. Hunter will no doubt carry the boomkin a lot though, as they have many more cd's for the short burst needed.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazken View Post
    just a question, is it possible for a boomkin to solo all the weapons in siegecrafter hc 10 man? or is it too much hp to be soloed and has to have always a dps with them?
    like for example
    boomy + dps 1
    boomy + dps 2
    boomy + dps 1

    or even

    boomy + hunter always on all belts assuming the hunter does the same thing?
    Expect to do 5mil-6mil dmg avg to a weapon on each belt. With CDs you can double that if you get lucky. There is no way you can solo them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •