Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LvL 1 spams selling Mounts, safe to buy?

Level 1 spams hes selling a mount, I ask price for shits n giggles since I was after that one. he links super good deal, I get intrigued, ask in guild " is it ok to buy mounts that are shown in trade chat from lvl 1's? guildie tells me yes. I fly over to selling, he asks to see money then replies, Ok I have to transfer mount over, be there in 30 mins.

now, my question is... does anyone know exactly whats going on here? why is he selling so cheap? why is he exfering mount. he promises no code but an actual mount posted in trade window. am I getting steal of a life time or is it a hoax to steal my cash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookits View Post
    Level 1 spams hes selling a mount, I ask price for shits n giggles since I was after that one. he links super good deal, I get intrigued, ask in guild " is it ok to buy mounts that are shown in trade chat from lvl 1's? guildie tells me yes. I fly over to selling, he asks to see money then replies, Ok I have to transfer mount over, be there in 30 mins.

now, my question is... does anyone know exactly whats going on here? why is he selling so cheap? why is he exffering. he promises no code but an actual mount posted in trade window. am I getting steal of a life time or is it a hoax to steel my cash?
    Its a gold seller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its happened before- some hackers dupe some mounts, and then sell them at a ridiculously low price. I haven't heard of these mounts actually being removed by blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Its a gold seller.
    does not answer question!!!

I might be wrong. But I think it is possible to withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard stores. if that's true you can buy a mount for real money, sell it to a poor soul for wow gold, and then withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard store. You get your money back, but gets to keep your wow gold. And the poor sooul who bought your mount will lose it.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-11-25 at 02:39 AM.

what ever the reason, it is very shady and i would be on guard

If he is trading an actual mount, in a trade window and you're paying with gold and not real money; it's not a scam. You're just getting a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    I might be wrong. But I think it is possible to withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard stores. if that's true you can buy a mount for real money, sell it to a poor soul for wow gold, and then withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard store. You get your money back, but gets to keep your wow gold.
    its a tcg mount

Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    If he is trading an actual mount, in a trade window and you're paying with gold and not real money; it's not a scam. You're just getting a good deal.
    This.

If the guy says something like he needs the money upfront, or part of it, then it's a scam.

No. I heard if it's on the ah it's ok though.

Well if it is too good to be true. i don't trust sales like that unless i know of the person or know them well

Quote Originally Posted by Snookits View Post
    does not answer question!!!
    Yes it does.

It helps to know what mount you're talking about though.

Yeah the best tactic is to go to the neutral auction houses and not complete the money transaction until you see the item listed on the auction house.

I've bought "duped" mounts before, and knowingly, nothing has ever been removed from me.

EDIT for op:

Mounts/certain items can sometimes be duped (AKA Replicated). So turn 1 into 2, then another and so on using very very very hidden exploits. (Don't bother searching for them). These mounts/items are then sold off for very low gold amounts so they're gone fast and they get the gold fast so they don't need to wait and can sell that gold for real money ASAP.

Think of it this way, if you don't snap it up and take the "offer", somebody else will, it'll be sold to someone why not take advantage of it. Some people will tell you "You're risking being banned" or "Having the mount removed without a gold refund", as someone and my friends also have bought duped mounts and resold, and several other items that have been duped in the past for a quick profit or just to get the mount. If you want it, then go for it.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-11-25 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

what mounts can be put on the ah?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yes it does.

It helps to know what mount you're talking about though.
    No it doesn't, buying mounts from a gold seller isn't inherently unsafe therefore it isn't a sufficient answer.

I think you already know the answer to this question and you are here trying to get us to tell you otherwise since you want the mount and like the price.

Why is he selling it on a lvl 1 unguilded toon if it is so legit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't trust a sale like that, no.

let me guess: jeweled onyx panther?

theres a good chance the item will be bugged, and cannot be used due already having a "used charge" - and you will be supporting gold sellers and account compromisers.

dont do it.

As long as they use the trade window there's no way they can scam you.

Despite what some people say, true dupes are very rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    let me guess: jeweled onyx panther?
    He said it was TCG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.