Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    let me guess: jeweled onyx panther?

    theres a good chance the item will be bugged, and cannot be used due already having a "used charge" - and you will be supporting gold sellers and account compromisers.

    dont do it.
    Lol, this doesn't happen. The item will be completely usable. Stop spreading lies, if he doesn't buy it someone else will eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Mush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    let me guess: jeweled onyx panther?

    theres a good chance the item will be bugged, and cannot be used due already having a "used charge" - and you will be supporting gold sellers and account compromisers.

    dont do it.
    Are you sure this is a real thing? I have literally never heard this before and a few google searches brings up literally zero information on the claim. Do you have a source on this?

  3. #23
    Some of these characters are also invisible, but honestly op. Tell him to post it on the ah. If he refuses. You have your answer.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    let me guess: jeweled onyx panther?
    and you will be supporting gold sellers and account compromisers.
    dont do it.
    This does not answer OP's question. This is why a forum threads derail. Don't do this.
    Last edited by PainlessHippo; 2013-11-25 at 09:05 PM.

  5. #25
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are you sure this is a real thing? I have literally never heard this before and a few google searches brings up literally zero information on the claim. Do you have a source on this?
    No it isn't a real thing. He's either been given a terrible source or is just making stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  6. #26
    It's a scam. The person selling the mount is using either a stolen account or bought it with a stolen credit card from someone who purchased gold from them.

    They buy the TCG mounts/RAF mounts using the stolen credit cards, sell it to people for gold, then sell the gold to people trying to buy it and perpetuate their existance.

    Blizzard will eventually get messaged about unlawful transactions and will take action by removing the mounts/gametime/expansions from the buyers account and the seller won't be effected at all because they operate in a country that blizzard can't take legal action against and already have people's real money.

    BTW if you bought an expansion code or game time code from them and blizzard removes it and you already used even 10 seconds of it you'll be locked until you purchase the time yourself. So don't get scammed into having to buy things twice.
    Last edited by jwtelesio; 2013-11-25 at 02:57 AM.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    It's a scam. The person selling the mount is using either a stolen account or bought it with a stolen credit card from someone who purchased gold from them.

    They buy the TCG mounts/RAF mounts using the stolen credit cards, sell it to people for gold, then sell the gold to people trying to buy it and perpetuate their existance.

    Blizzard will eventually get messaged about unlawful transactions and will take action by removing the mounts/gametime/expansions from the buyers account and the seller won't be effected at all because they operate in a country that blizzard can't take legal action against and already have people's real money.

    BTW if you bought an expansion code or game time code from them and blizzard removes it and you already used even 10 seconds of it you'll be locked until you purchase the time yourself. So don't get scammed into having to buy things twice.
    God damnit WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL POSTING THIS.

    They'll remove game time if you bought it with gold, same for expansions. BUT MOUNTS WON'T BE REMOVED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  8. #28
    Not sure why he does not mention which mount it is other than it is tcg mount

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,998
    onyx panther and death charger mounts are the most popular duped mounts and u know if a TCG mount is duped when the seller wants ridiculously low amount for it.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    God damnit WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL POSTING THIS.

    They'll remove game time if you bought it with gold, same for expansions. BUT MOUNTS WON'T BE REMOVED.
    Because if the mounts were purchased with stolen credit card info THEY WILL BE REMOVED.

    They just might not if they were duped.

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    Because if the mounts were purchased with stolen credit card info THEY WILL BE REMOVED.

    They just might not if they were duped.
    If you buy a blizzard store mount with gold, EG Heart of the aspects, in which case it will be. I apologize. But if it's a mount such as the jeweled onyx panther or a TCG mount that you bought with gold, then it will not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Csnyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sarasota
    Posts
    902
    my bank toon is a lvl 1, i sell everything from him
    not all lvl ones are gold sellers or whatever

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    If you buy a blizzard store mount with gold, EG Heart of the aspects, in which case it will be. I apologize. But if it's a mount such as the jeweled onyx panther or a TCG mount that you bought with gold, then it will not be.
    I remember talking to a gm about this, and he did in fact say that they won't penalize the buyer. Unless you buying a large sum of duped items to resell.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    Because if the mounts were purchased with stolen credit card info THEY WILL BE REMOVED.

    They just might not if they were duped.
    But this is a TCG mount and not a Blizzstore mount so it has nothing to do with blizzard, blizzard arent even a part of the transaction. So im pretty sure i wont be removed, the only thing that might happen is that the seller of the tcg card will lose his money if its a stolen creditcard, but that's all.

    edit: And for the OP, just make sure u trade the gold for the actual mount, and not the gold for the code and dont give him the gold before you get the mount and you should be safe.
    Last edited by Morningsan; 2013-11-25 at 03:06 AM.

  15. #35
    I bought a lil rag pet with gold, few days later I was contacted by a GM saying my pet was removed because it was bought with a stolen credit card. I lost the pet and my gold. If you're asking on here whether or not it's legit, I suggest you avoid it all together.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    If you buy a blizzard store mount with gold, EG Heart of the aspects, in which case it will be. I apologize. But if it's a mount such as the jeweled onyx panther or a TCG mount that you bought with gold, then it will not be.
    Yeah, Panther and TCG mount purchases arent tied to blizzard sales so they usually won't remove them from an innocent person.

    But for things you actually buy from blizzard like accounts, expansions and blizzard store stuff they're adamant about.

    Also for the OP. While you probably won't get it removed if the transaction goes well you're still supporting people who steal information from others for their own profit.

  17. #37
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its happened before- some hackers dupe some mounts, and then sell them at a ridiculously low price. I haven't heard of these mounts actually being removed by blizzard.
    I could've sworn I heard of people getting banned because of buying those and I'm pretty sure Blizzard said that as well.

    But I could be wrong. The only reason I remember it is because of how stupid it sounded. It's possible it was just people lying on forums.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  18. #38
    I know two people who have bought the charger 4-5 times from people who they knew duped them. When they tried to use them or traded them to friends they got the message the charge was already used. Each time the person with the mount submitted a ticket and in one case a ticket for 3 mounts on the same account and blizzard replaced all of the mounts so they were working.

    Blizzard is not going to punish someone for buying tcg or death charger mounts in a trade window.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookits View Post
    does not answer question!!!
    You should uninstall WoW if that doesn't answer your question.....

  20. #40
    As the old saying goes, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. Be very, very wary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •