Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stats View Post
    If you like pandas, ask your granpa to buy you a panda toy for xmas.
    Awww, looks like someone didn't get a Panda toy in their stocking last year.

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Awww, looks like someone didn't get a Panda toy in their stocking last year.
    If I got one I would probably regift, since mop I do not like pandas.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stats View Post
    If I got one I would probably regift, since mop I do not like pandas.
    Where did the bad panda touch you, it's OK, you can tell us
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  4. #564

  5. #565
    The less the better IMO, to a point at least. We still have plenty of subs.

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The less the better IMO, to a point at least. We still have plenty of subs.
    You'll never, ever hear from Blizzard ''the less subs the better''

  7. #567
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    of course its going to go down now, we're into the bleeding stage of an expansion, the end of it with nothing else to do, and it will keep going down until next expansion, and then a couple of people will return to try it out, but no new people will come on board because, dear god, a game with 5 expansions and original, thats a mountain, nobody new wants to get into something that massive.
    We've been in the "bleeding stage" since Cataclysm..
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  8. #568
    By the time that Blizzard´s lazzy ass dev team release WoD the game will only have 5 millions as the top so so

  9. #569
    This isnt a good time for us

  10. #570
    High Overlord Kornstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chios, Greece (Hellas)
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    So whats your point here?
    An old game loses players? So? Explain?
    Fifa is an old game too but its not losing players. So? Explain?? And don't tell me that Fifa 2005 is not the same as Fifa 2014. They are the same game but the last one has better graphics, gameplay etc

  11. #571
    That graph doesn't show or explain away people like me, who periodically leave and then come back as soon as we have the funds again. You're misconstruing data to make it sound like the numbers only represent new and active accounts. I pay them when I can and that's what I put when I have to freeze my account.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    guess what, in 5 year time, it will be even less, yeah I know Mindblow
    The cause isn't that WoW has gotten worse. it is because other games have gotten better and dozens more of them and are free to play

    during BC and LK you had a choice of a handful of MMOs and must of those where terrible

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    Posts that show the 'Product Lifecycle' theory without fully understanding it, please read it up more carefully

    1) Sales and time are NOT clearly defined by this theory
    2) May not apply to all products
    3) Any constant change to the original product may render the theory moot (in WoW's case expansions)
    So explain "Any constant change to the product may render the theory moot (god I hate that word)".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    Better late than never.

    GC was shown the door at last.

    I expect a clear increase in game quality and also in subs.

    It is ironic the game is going back to outlands right when GC is leaving the game.
    Except GC's imprint is going to be all over WoD. He's the lead designer for that expansion. You're going to be waiting a while. But in the end, you will see that it wasn't him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Fifa is an old game too but its not losing players. So? Explain?? And don't tell me that Fifa 2005 is not the same as Fifa 2014. They are the same game but the last one has better graphics, gameplay etc
    How do you know how many people are playing it? Box sales? Is that how you're doing it?
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  14. #574
    I think this is worth repeating yet again:

    WoW is a 9 year old game that costs $180 a year to play (not including the actual game). Somehow despite this it is miles ahead of every other sub based MMO. And against a proliferation of strong FTP options.

    Seriously name another game you have been playing regularly for 9 years. And would you pay $180 a year for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    yea. Hopefully they we can see growth again
    Sure, if we discover a new planet inhabited by millions of people who haven't already played WoW enough to get sick of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Fifa is an old game too but its not losing players. So? Explain?? And don't tell me that Fifa 2005 is not the same as Fifa 2014. They are the same game but the last one has better graphics, gameplay etc
    If you seriously don't think there's a difference between a game lasting 9 years and a new title in a series coming out 9 years later, then please stop talking about video games. You don't know the first thing about them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    GC was shown the door at last.
    You mean the door leading away from his secure job and into a new opportunity that he decided was good for his career/personal enjoyment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #575
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,837
    Until someone produces a graph that charts people leaving as well as new people signing up over the length of time the game has been available, charts like that at the top of the thread are essentially garbage. Just assuming that people are leaving without taking into account the other side of the equation is bad thinking, faulty math and generally useless. Blizzard knows those numbers and it's unlikely that we ever will which is why this is a completely useless argument. Hardly anyone talks about the lack of new players and the reasons for it and it's a major component of how this sort of analysis works.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stats View Post
    Mists sucked. Period. It vies for the worst expansion spot along with Cataclysm. If you like pandas, ask your granpa to buy you a panda toy for xmas.
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course. I happen to think it's wrong.

    Part of the problem with Cataclysm was that its themes were all over the place. There was very little consistency with the expansion as a whole. We started off in one of two zones that were very "elemental destruction" in nature but by the time we hit 85 we were palling around with idiot Orcs and Dwarves in Twilight Highlands or playing one gigantic pop-culture Indiana Jones ripoff in Uldum. By 85, I didn't feel like Deathwing mattered. I didn't feel like Nefarian or Ragnaros could do anything of consequence... In short, I didn't feel like the world was on the brink of cataclysm.

    At least Mists took a theme and stuck with it from beginning to end just as Wrath did before Cataclysm. Item design and artwork, world design and artwork, quest design and even patch and additional content design stayed within this theme. The Sha played a role from beginning to end. A SoO obtained item still looks the part of "Pandaria". Maybe the Pandaren themselves were a little too "kid friendly", but Mists was far more cohesive than Cataclysm.

    That said, I still rate it slightly under Wrath because at least Wrath felt epic in scope. The Wrathgate and the reclaiming of Undercity are still some very fond, epic, memories of the quest path of Wrath. Mists doesn't feel quite as epic; Neither the opening of the Gate to the Vale of the Eternal Blossoms nor the Vale's destruction had the same level of awe-inspiring story as the Wrathgate/Undercity. Additionally, creating Mists' old god story and the Sha from whole cloth in order to support an expansion based around an easter egg from the RTS was a bit of a stretch. But I'll still take it over Cataclysm a million times over.
    Last edited by Captiosus; 2013-12-03 at 12:44 AM.

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The less the better IMO, to a point at least. We still have plenty of subs.
    I don't expect to. I'd rather have a small town kind of game than a big city kind of game. Let the whiners quit I say.

  18. #578
    There isn't some physical law of the universe that says that a game's popularity can only last so long. There's no reason the sub numbers couldn't have kept climbing or remained steady after WotLK. The simple fact of the matter is that the game just started sucking more after Cataclysm came out, apparently. Players weren't happy, so they left.

    However, WoW could certainly earn back the subs if Blizzard brought back what made the game so enthralling in the first place. After all, it's still the best MMORPG out there I think.

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Until someone produces a graph that charts people leaving as well as new people signing up over the length of time the game has been available, charts like that at the top of the thread are essentially garbage. Just assuming that people are leaving without taking into account the other side of the equation is bad thinking, faulty math and generally useless. Blizzard knows those numbers and it's unlikely that we ever will which is why this is a completely useless argument. Hardly anyone talks about the lack of new players and the reasons for it and it's a major component of how this sort of analysis works.
    Regardless of the logic and how much such a graph holds at this point it is largely being brought up at least in my opinion as tit for tat. For me at least it gives some fun seeing those who used the graph in Cata as their bases of argument and trying to continue justifying their point while saying the graph doesnt mater in MoP lets me know that these players are full of themselves.

    So far Blizzard has only given us a small insight into what is happening on the losses and gains. Start of Cata the developers said at least as many players played as are playing making it about 12 million players quitting within about 6 years. WotLK was also noted to have had a slow down in new subscribers which ended up matching losses in WotLK. This lead for the push for the old world revamp and so much focus on getting new players in and caught up to end game with the lack of grinds reflecting that and overall endgame content taking a hit. Even marketing changed to at least what looked like to me that the big campaigns that was all over the place in WotLK quieted down. MoP came in with a focus to keep current players busy with lots of end game to do and lots of slow grinds compared to Cata and even WotLK.

    I dont expect more detailed info from Blizzard until far more years later where the info largely becomes irrelevant for discussion going forward. Blizzard already told us a bunch at the start of Cata and players like to ignore it anyways. With the way the developers talked about Cata it was going to lose subs regardless and it was more about how much subs.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-03 at 04:21 AM.

  20. #580
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Pretty damn solid for a decade-old game, I'd say.
    My only problem with their sub numbers is they do not distinguish between the never close accounts of China which are always considered active and the western markets which are considered closed upon non-payment. I understand it makes their numbers look fantastic, but I wish they would show how well or poorly its doing in the western market.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •