Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    He wasn't forced to leave.
    You would say that even if he was dragged out by company security while the whole ordeal was on camera.

People moving to better jobs usually say hey I am moving on to this particular opportunity and I am sad to leave. In GC's case, he is leaving and no one knows his destination.

Quote Originally Posted by liam78 View Post
    You would say that even if he was dragged out by company security while the whole ordeal was on camera.
    When you have to invent a strawman like that, it makes your position weaker.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

So what's his new job? Top secret spy agency offered him data analysis job while he sits at home in his pajamas? Sorry mate, looks like he couldn't say anything.

I highly doubt he could get an MMO job given he did terribly at Blizzard.

How many other nine year old games do you know that still have 1/10th of their peak numbers?
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    So what's his new job? Top secret spy agency offered him data analysis job while he sits at home in his pajamas? Sorry mate, looks like he couldn't say anything.

I highly doubt he could get an MMO job given he did terribly at Blizzard.
    I don't know, but I DID notice a LOT of Blizzard designers were coming from the RTS genre (GC was but one, Jay Wilson another one, even Rob Pardo was initially in Warcraft RTS designer's staff).

There are very little numbers of people who came from the MMORPG world. I know for sure Kaplan was one and Tom Chilton too.

As a sidenote: GC did a great job in general. Perhaps he was too communicative with a lot of trolls though.

Better leave the forum "I know better" guys in their sometimes ridiculous game development thoughts.

Players should be players.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Now that GC is out, can we now have WoW back from the Pokemon crowd?

I'm an old timer who had quit MOP and resubbed to prepare for WoD after blizzcon.

I really want my game back with heroic heroics, long quest chains, large raids and less faceroll.
    Is that you Francis???

I think WoD will get us above BC numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    of course its going to go down now, we're into the bleeding stage of an expansion, the end of it with nothing else to do, and it will keep going down until next expansion, and then a couple of people will return to try it out, but no new people will come on board because, dear god, a game with 5 expansions and original, thats a mountain, nobody new wants to get into something that massive.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I will try and explain my position quite basically
    10 INPUT 'What is the current number of WOW Subs", S$
    20 INPUT 'Am I still having fun playing WOW', A$
    30 IF A$ = "Y" or A$ = "y" THEN GOTO 60
    40 PRINT 'I'm Sorry you aren't enjoying WOW any longer, have you tried Xbox'?
    50 END
    60 PRINT 'Have a nice day playing WOW'
    70 END
    You will note that no where does the number of Wow subs compute into how much fun I'm having... Does the number of subs affect the amount of fun you are having?
    Every expansion has attracted subscribers, but it also appears that by patch 1 of each, they were gone. From almost every chart that I have looked at, it appears that Wrath was the only expansion that sustained subscribers across the entire life of the xpac since BC. There is always interest, but two failures in a row, translate to a real problem. Does not matter how old the game is, it is still the best out there and there is certainly something amiss with subs. The games that many ex-WoW players that I know are playing no where near reaches the caliber of WoW.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    of course its going to go down now, we're into the bleeding stage of an expansion, the end of it with nothing else to do,
    I think it's going to be particularly bad this time, because gearing up an alt is going to be very painful. Have you tried running ToT LFR lately? Good luck if you're still working on the legendary quest drops there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

"This is not normal"

Yes... 2007 vs 2013...

WoW is fecking old Genius, a lot of people are moving onto more 'current' games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    "This is not normal"
    Yes... 2007 vs 2013...
    WoW is fecking old Genius, a lot of people are moving onto more 'current' games.
    Except that Blizz may have something in their reboot with WoD. At least 6 of my friends who left the game 3-4 years ago are now following the information being released about the new xpac. Am certain if you would query your buds you might find similar interest. I've got another two buds who will be logging in with their level 70s to make a little gold and use that insta-90 to get back in the game. Don't know how long they will stay, but interest is there.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Q4 subs for 04 were terrible as per the graph, VANILLA WAS SHIT ANYONE WHO LIKES IT HAS A BABYDICK GRAPH CONFIRMS.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is, wow, for all its faults, actually started to get good in mists, at least playstyle, questing and such. Compared to the boring shit in vanilla, mists offers a lot more for playstyle, just not enough to keep people on or coming back. And it looks a lot nicer, such as zones in pandaria.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The sad thing is, wow, for all its faults, actually started to get good in mists, at least playstyle, questing and such. Compared to the boring shit in vanilla, mists offers a lot more for playstyle, just not enough to keep people on or coming back. And it looks a lot nicer, such as zones in pandaria.
    Mists sucked. Period. It vies for the worst expansion spot along with Cataclysm. If you like pandas, ask your granpa to buy you a panda toy for xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by 3stats View Post
    If you like pandas, ask your granpa to buy you a panda toy for xmas.
    Awww, looks like someone didn't get a Panda toy in their stocking last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Awww, looks like someone didn't get a Panda toy in their stocking last year.
    If I got one I would probably regift, since mop I do not like pandas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stats View Post
    If I got one I would probably regift, since mop I do not like pandas.
    Where did the bad panda touch you, it's OK, you can tell us

The less the better IMO, to a point at least. We still have plenty of subs.