Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are they intending on revamping warlocks again..

Are they seriously going to do it?
    I dont give a fuck if they nerf us, but if they make our rotations boring or whatever:,(
    Cause me and the majority loves the mop warlock re-design.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC posted a tweet a couple of weeks ago saying no Warlock revamp for 6.0. It looks like the new 100 talents might impact our current rotations though.

Also, no need to invoke a majority you have no way of knowing is there, a lot of players actually left the class because 'too much change' coming into this expansion and while some came in, I think there was a general net loss overall which might have been greater had they not permitted the class to be overpowered and be too attractive to have in around thanks to good utility and survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    GC posted a tweet a couple of weeks ago saying no Warlock revamp for 6.0. It looks like the new 100 talents might impact our current rotations though.

Also, no need to invoke a majority you have no way of knowing is there, a lot of players actually left the class because 'too much change' coming into this expansion and while some came in, I think there was a general net loss overall which might have been greater had they not permitted the class to be overpowered and be too attractive to have in around thanks to good utility and survivability.
    Sorry but i thought the majority liked the revamp
    But thank god that they are not making warlock weird again
    But cataclysm in meta? Aoe chaos bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Are they seriously going to do it?
    I dont give a fuck if they nerf us, but if they make our rotations boring or whatever:,(
    Cause me and the majority loves the mop warlock re-design.
    I hate the emphasis they put on warlocks this expansion. The majority probably did like the re design. The people that didn't play locks previously. I think many people that have played locks didn't like what they did. Sorry, but mana users shouldn't also have resources. It's redundant. Blizz needs to give another class the warlock treatment in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I hate the emphasis they put on warlocks this expansion. The majority probably did like the re design. The people that didn't play locks previously. I think many people that have played locks didn't like what they did. Sorry, but mana users shouldn't also have resources. It's redundant. Blizz needs to give another class the warlock treatment in WoD.
    Why are you so grumpy all the time?
    You know blizzard doesnt force you to play warlock?

There's alot more warlocks now than there were previous to MoP. The lock population has skyrocketed. They've become such a generic class now, and MoP will forever be known as the Warlock expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you so grumpy all the time?
    You know blizzard doesnt force you to play warlock?
    They don't force me to do anything. I'm allowed to be critical of a class I used to play. And the guy that has "I hate Scrapbot" written 50 times in his sig is calling me grumpy?

10+ Year Old Account
    By contrast I always played Warlock and while I generally like the changes, to Demo and Destro, I'm not a fan of Affliction. I just don't like Malefic Grasp at all, and it's arguably as bad in terms of gaming snapshotting as Demo ever was in Cataclysm. Thankfully they're fixing that, hopefully they can redesign a 100 talent or glyph or something to give us Shadow Bolt back rather than that awful channel.

- - - Updated - - -

There's alot more warlocks now than there were previous to MoP. The lock population has skyrocketed. They've become such a generic class now, and MoP will forever be known as the Warlock expansion.
    Not sure that's true, representation is about where it's always been and there are fewer players overall. Maybe more people have alts and spend more time on them now, but in terms of maining them I don't think there's much change. Again though, even if there has been an increase; being overpowered and overuseful will promote that - imagine we were as welcome as Rogues after these changes, there'd be no one left.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-11-25 at 10:21 AM.

I quite like Destruction and Demonology are (in terms of playstyle) Affliction didn't feel right to me (but haven't played as Aff for a while now).

Numbers might not be quite right, so if nerfs are needed I wouldn't mind. I just don't want to see a massive change in playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't force me to do anything. I'm allowed to be critical of a class I used to play. And the guy that has "I hate Scrapbot" written 50 times in his sig is calling me grumpy?
    I have a personal vendetta.

They are not revamping the class per se but I'd imagine with the "removal of DoT snapshots" warlocks in particular are going to need pretty massive rebalancing and perhaps even ability changes, but so will several other classes. It's a pretty big game changer (especially for affliction and even demo?)

Is there anything particularly wrong with that?

Deleted
    By contrast I always played Warlock and while I generally like the changes, to Demo and Destro, I'm not a fan of Affliction. I just don't like Malefic Grasp at all, and it's arguably as bad in terms of gaming snapshotting as Demo ever was in Cataclysm. Thankfully they're fixing that, hopefully they can redesign a 100 talent or glyph or something to give us Shadow Bolt back rather than that awful channel.
    having played a lock since vanilla, using the shadow bolt as afflic never made sense to, it was down right stupid, why would a spec that revolved around doing dmg over time use a direct dmg spell, it just never made sense to me and i hope it never ever comes back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Is there anything particularly wrong with that?
    idd, locks were quite unswerepresented in the recent xpacs, and this revamp has made locks popular again, so blizz has been quite successful in that regard, im just worried what the removal of snapshotting will do to the class, hopefully blizz will balance the class properly, but i have my fears tho.

Deleted
    Where is the Repbutton at when its needed?

I made my lock back TBC, never played anything besides affli (Except for the odd Demo progress-fights)... After MoP was released my fanboy addiction to affli faded

Give us Shadowbolt back, the god awful drain made me loose interest in affli

Deleted
    Oh well, that train is long gone. I wish they would make another revamp, but I don't believe in this.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    having played a lock since vanilla, using the shadow bolt as afflic never made sense to, it was down right stupid, why would a spec that revolved around doing dmg over time use a direct dmg spell, it just never made sense to me and i hope it never ever comes back.
    Yeah and removing dots suits to a dot class/spec.

idd, locks were quite unswerepresented in the recent xpacs, and this revamp has made locks popular again...
    Because warlocks do insane amounts of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    I made my lock back TBC, never played anything besides affli (Except for the odd Demo progress-fights)... After MoP was released my fanboy addiction to affli faded

Give us Shadowbolt back, the god awful drain made me loose interest in affli
    Yeah, all that applies for me too. Now we don't have shadow bolt, have to channel our filler and so few dots. We had 5 in the beginning of WotLK + Haunt.
    Last edited by mmoc240118fd7a; 2013-11-25 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of Affliction. I just don't like Malefic Grasp at all
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's funny, I remember so many people pining for this in Cataclysm (so many loved drain life apparently) but I also detest malefic grasp as do all other people that have played warlock in my guild. Not sure what the overall consensus is but my god I'd love to have shadowbolt back.

I actually left warlock this expansion as I detest affliction (previously by far my favorite spec in the game), not a fan of destruction changes (I actually enjoyed the interaction between immolate and conflagrate, just wanted Chaos Bolt to be a little more interesting) though for the first time I actually enjoyed demonology.

Currently waiting to see what happens with classes in general in WoD. Currently I heal on a monk with a disc priest in 10 man, but if absorbs remain untouched I'll likely switch back to DPS as my god farm nights are boring!

I hope that locks wont be so reliant on procs and cds. I don't like it how you can do several 100ks of dps more on one pull just because of rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why people think "having played since vanilla" adds credence to their case. Not sure how something we always used would make "no sense" to be honest but each to their own. I always felt Warlocks were the class that used everything at their disposal, in contrast to basically every other classes' talent trees which tend to be very focused on specific schools or skillsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiera28 View Post
    It's funny, I remember so many people pining for this in Cataclysm (so many loved drain life apparently) but I also detest malefic grasp as do all other people that have played warlock in my guild. Not sure what the overall consensus is but my god I'd love to have shadowbolt back.
    Never liked AffDrain either, just felt like the result of broken mechanics. At the very least though it had Nightfall procs to break it up.

Deleted
    I don't think, that WLs in general are so overpowered as they are made out to be. Strong...yes...OP...no. Being on par with most of the classes is not being OP.
    In TDD was UVLS the main problem. But that was a trinketdesignproblem and not a WL-class-problem. And seriously, most warlocks didn't have this trinket until very late in the patch.
    In SoO there are so many bosses, which favor the havoc-SB or the SB mechanic, that meterpadding is possible (yay SB-snapshotting 5 adds, who have 100k life with 900k SBs). On ST-Fights the Wls are definitely not the strongest(given the same equip and skillevel). I just want to know, what makes WLs op and compared to which classes? This should not be a invocation for flaming, but just serious answers. If i look at WoL, videos from method, world "top" warlocks a.s.o. the warlocks don't seem to be stronger than other classes. And please don't come with "destruction is ez to play and makes OP-Dmg, because most of the classes and speccs ingame are just as easy to play an are doing about the same dmg (well i can at least tell this for 6 other classes).
    I play warlock since Vanilla(well except ICC and Cata, where i didn't play WoW) and since then every time the warlocks do basically the same dmg and have the same suvivability as 8/11 of the other classes (after they were underdogs for a few months), the WoW-community cries out that Wls are overpowered.

Personal opinion here. Not sure if they head into a revamp or something, but as a player who emphasizes RP above anything, there is no way for me to play my Warlock given that they have given "Power of the Void" to Priests. I mean, the whole Void/Darkness incentive was the very reason I gave my Warlock a chance and now it slips right through.

Total revamp? Not happening. There will likely be changes to make up for the removal of DOT snapshotting, as mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Total revamp? Not happening. There will likely be changes to make up for the removal of DOT snapshotting, as mentioned earlier.
    What about them saying that they are going to rip the Warlock changes apart?