Thread: What Pet class?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What Pet class?

Hey there. I'm new to rift and just installed. However I have a hard time choosing what to play. I'm looking for a class with an awesome looking pet. It should be a part of the class and do a good amount of damage, not just something following around like a companion in WoW.

What would you recommend between Rogue(Archer), Warrior(Beastmaster) and Necromancer? What's the best class when loving having an awesome pet with ya?

Thanks!

Elementalist is also a pet class. The coolest looking pets? Overall would be the Mage (necro). The Rogue (ranger) has 2 pets I like the look of (wolf and raptor), though if going solo you would probably be using the fugly pig the majority of the time. And the warrior's cat would look so much better without that stupid mohawk. I almost prefer the old pinkish purple one. And I like the look of the Mage (elementalist) pets.

Necro for sure. That classes pets look totally awesome. And if you ever get bored of them or don't like the class, you can swap over to elementalist which also has some pretty awesome looking pets.

No Cleric love?

Druid, with the fairy and satyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Druid, with the fairy and satyr.
    oh yeah, forgot about that. I should probably play my Cleric some more.

In my opinion, Cleric has the best pet synergies. For solo play, nothing beats the survivability of a 55 Druid / 21 Justicar, and that puts heavy emphasis on the tanking pet. Or take a look for the "2.3 Lazy Druid Guide" with some hints for a full on Druid based tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    In my opinion, Cleric has the best pet synergies. For solo play, nothing beats the survivability of a 55 Druid / 21 Justicar, and that puts heavy emphasis on the tanking pet. Or take a look for the "2.3 Lazy Druid Guide" with some hints for a full on Druid based tree.
    Because of how pet levels work and the passive you get per point, its pretty much go full druid or go home

:l

There could be a lot more unique builds if pet levels were not determined by points spent and they just balance the numbers accordingly
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because of how pet levels work and the passive you get per point, its pretty much go full druid or go home
    To be raid competitive, yes. However, the 21 Justicar gets you Mien of Honor, which seriously increases pet stickiness for aggro, and also nets a +10% healing done for Justicar abilities.

However, does the Druid passive bonus to Pet Healing per Point Spent affect Aid of the Forest?

To be raid competitive, yes.
    You want max level pet for anything.

However, the 21 Justicar gets you Mien of Honor, which seriously increases pet stickiness for aggro
    You need mien of honor for solo?

and also nets a +10% healing done for Justicar abilities.
    Considering justicar abilities heal for piss poor already +10% is incredibly small and you will see no difference. Is that worth having an under leveled pet? And if you are 55 points in druid you won't be using many justicar abilities.

However, does the Druid passive bonus to Pet Healing per Point Spent affect Aid of the Forest?
    Aid of the forest is based on spell power so no.

I love my little fairy girls, she can heal nearly every group quest or drop nice aoe dps, only on solo strongholds it is to few^^

Deleted
    To get yourself a decent pet-spec, it depends on what you'd like it for, DPS or solo-survival.

Deep Elementalist provides deep cover for both soloing and dps, with a diverse range of pets (From Tanking to Ranged dps) as well as being a spec that can lay one heck of a wallop with it's own dps.

Deep Druid provides the Greater Satyrs (Both Protector and Destroyer) and Fae Healers. I had no trouble soloing as a druid, though their galloping animation looks a bit...Hm.

Necromancer soloing is a bit iffy at lower levels, and you don't get your real toys until later level. But the models are truly fantastic, that much I can not dispute.

All boils down to the flavour you like really! Though the first two will fare better at lower levels, in my own personal opinion.

Good luck, whatever you choose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowz View Post
    I'm looking for a class with an awesome looking pet. It should be a part of the class and do a good amount of damage
    As i'm often fond of saying, a picture is worth a thousand words

Here's all the pet classes in Rift right now, didn't bother with one or two lesser versions

Cleric:

Druid Pets:

Faerie(Healing or DPS Ranged)

Satyr (Tanking or DPS melee)

Mage:

Elementalist Pets:

Fire Elemental

Earth Elementals (lesser and Greater models)

Wind Elementals (lesser and Greater models)

Necromancer Minions:

Greater Skeletal Knight (Tank)

Greater Skeletal Zealot (Melee DPS)

Shadow Revenant (Ranged DPS)

Rogue:

Ranger Pets:

Greater Razorbeast (Tank)

Lesser Dire Wolf

Greater Dire Wolf

Blood Raptor

Warrior:

Beastmaster

Lesser Primal Companion:

Greater Primal Companion:

Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-11-29 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added Blood Raptor

Does the air elemental still do that annoying sound every 5 seconds? Omg it drove me fucking nuts

I'm throwing my vote in with Necro just because of the 61 ability to BECOME your pet for 30 seconds .

Was talking to a couple guildies last night about clerics and apparently leveling a Defiler plays pretty similar to a pet class as well. You drop a beacon that aggros things then you heal it as you damage them. Not to sure on the details though am planning on trying it out if I have some free time since I do have a 30-some-odd Cleric that just sits around doing nothing all the time.

Defiler is simple, you drop the beacon, after it is placed, every aggro you produce is directed to the beacon instead. Your damaging spells result in 3 stacks for the HoT spell (not really HoT, but after it exceeds) and you can instantly heal it up back to 100%. I used it a lot during leveling up to level 60 and it worked quite fine. By far better then any "real" pet class

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like Necro and Druid...so if you go by that it depends on a few factors. Do you prefer melee or ranged? Do you care if your character is a darker class or lighter?

druid is a great solo build, very bursty bit of down time inbetween rotations with the healing pet aswell you can solo things you couldn't normally as a pure dps. i can't say how it stacks up against the other classes though. aoe isn't that great. but the pet ai seems reasonable if your taking damage it will spam heal you constantly. i wouldn't consider myself a great player but i did manage to do a couple of hunt rifts solo with just the pet keeping me up and using the damage reduction cooldowns coupled with very little kiting. i like druid mainly for doing the harder quests or the elite quests in the hive, a tiny little bonus you get is that if your leaving a place but keep ass pulling mobs your pet will eventually pull healing aggro so you can just zip off, its a minor thing but it just adds to the whole soloing thing.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-12-03 at 09:57 PM.