Deleted

[Disc priest] Few questions about crit/mastery balance

Hi guys, i'm meelodie, i posted a while ago a thread about heroic thok. We eventually killed the big dino and also smashed the goblin face and now we're progressing on Klaxii.

Since i'm a very competitive girl, i often get mad when my fellow healers (expecially other priests!) do better or even the same of me and i'm always in search of a way to improve myself.
    So in the end I wanted to ask my colleagues a few questions

1) eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/pozzo-delleternita/Chlo%C3%A9/advanced - My armory - That's how i'm geared atm. Note that we have a huge roster and then i can't attend all raids, expecially the farm ones (i'm usually in for progression), so gearing isn't always optimal. My question here is, do u think i have to drop some INT and/or spirit to get more smooth (fullcrit) gems?

2) In a pure hps way (i know it shouldn't be that important but it matters to me) should I drop tier pieces (i think I over rated t16 4p bonus in my mind) to get more crit oriented ones (lowering my mastery that is a little out of control atm!)

3)On Klaxxi Heroic progression , anyone knows if it's better to get the Dps cloak instead of the healer one? And in that way , are there any fight where dps cloak can do better than healer one, since if i didn't get wrong it can proc ToF on multi-add fights?

That's it for now.
    I hope we can discuss in a friendly way here and improve this amazing priest forum

EU armory is down ATM.
    In general, to answer your questions though;

If you're 10 or 25 will have an impact on how you gear. I will go ahead and assume 25, as I assume your guild is Quantum Leap (wowprogress stalking ftw):

You want to use this rule of thumb for sockets:
    Yellow - pure crit.
    Red - if it unlocks an int bonus, int+crit gems. If it unlocks anything else, pure crit.
    Blue - if it unlocks an int bonus, spirit+crit gems. If it unlocks anything else, pure crit.

You have a heroic dysmorphic, so you'll deffo want to drop every single bit of spirit possible.
    You want to get a proper trinket instead of the insignia (even last-tier trinkets like Cha Ye's, or the 535 timeless isle trinket for 50K coins is a far superior choise).

In a pure HPS way, using 2 set with offset gloves (siegecrafter), chest (thok), and either helm or shoulders (Immerseus and Norushen) is the superior choise. Which one doesn't really matter - just pick whatever is more easily accessible to you (if you have a heroic tier shoulder, try and get the heroic immerseus helm, and vice versa, to not be a "lootwhore").

As for klaxxi heroic, this is probably the one fight where you *want* the 4 set this tier, assuming you use a group of people to soak aim that needs shielding. It makes for a much more effective shielding process to have an extra 3.5k mastery and 10% haste during the PoH spam on the group right before an AIM (and constant shielding can be slightly mana intensive, so the extra spirit on the two pieces might even not be wasted).
    For the cloak, the only fight I ever used the healing cloak on, was Thok progression. Even then, I don't even bother at this point. The boost it gives is "meh" at best, compared to the fact that the dps cloak has so much more crit etc... Always use DPS.

Deleted
    Armoury is working again now. I've just checked it, and yep, go and do everything Draco said. Especially dropping more spirit.

Also, the DPS cloak wins hands down (IMO) every time, as the healing cloak is pretty weak for disc as we overheal very little.

Deleted
    Ok i'll give it a try guys, on klaxxi prog we're going ahead (we're progressing on the last three ) and i'm feeling confy about my healing (maybe a little mana starved, too many shields on aim group? maybe i need to follow Draco tip ^^) .

I'll try tonight and next reset to raid with my dps cloak and we'll see

Draco : I think you saw my armory (outdated?) on wowprogress, I don't raid with nazgrim insigna but with an upgraded RF Prismatic prison of pride , hope to get the flex or heroic version soon