Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Healer without strict rotation for 10M?

I'm close to clear SoO hc and I'd want to play a healer after that until the next expansion. Until now I've only played with paladin but I'd not mind to level another (I used to have 4 alt. healers on cata, but this expansion is not really alt-friendly so I stopped playing with alts).

I don't really like the current paladin healing style, aoe spam trying to get shields on people and that's it. I guess (I could be wrong) disc priest and shaman are more of the same, aoe spam doing always the same so I'd like to ask if there is some healer without a strict rotation. My initial thought was either druid or monk.

Mistweaver is fairly dynamic.

http://www.icy-veins.com/mistweaver-...owns-abilities

If that doesn't work for you, then you really wont like anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Healers never had strict rotations, especially not in 5-10m when you must heal different things at once.

Umm our druid in my 10 man raid usually spams rejuv and swiftmend with wild growth and if we are stacked up wild mushrooms. Not sure what you would do with a monk to be honest.

Deleted
    the entire game is at least semi-rotational or spam of some sort or another. Be it DPS, Tanking or Healing. Long term i actually prefer shaman healing being more like it was pre-cata - means i get to spend more time looking at and enjoying the fight we're doing instead of staring at health bars 95% of the time with the other 5% spent checking my feet. The idea of healing dynamism sounds good at first - but the cost long term isn't worth the price i've found. That being said if that's what you want to try - i agree with above post that says mistweaver is the most dynamic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Healers never had strict rotations, especially not in 5-10m when you must heal different things at once.
    I've only raid as healer (this patch) on flex (546ilvl) and few normals, but if I want to be top1 hps, I just spam aoe spells without much thinking and that's it (it works for me even when the raid is less than 15m).

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, spamming the aoe heal is hardly rotation But I'm sure it's not very entertaining.

Play a shaman/disc priest/druid if you like easymode + op.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Play a shaman/disc priest/druid if you like easymode + op.
    That's childish bitchiness that wasn't worth posting - since it doesn't address anything that he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    I'm close to clear SoO hc and I'd want to play a healer after that until the next expansion. Until now I've only played with paladin but I'd not mind to level another (I used to have 4 alt. healers on cata, but this expansion is not really alt-friendly so I stopped playing with alts).

I don't really like the current paladin healing style, aoe spam trying to get shields on people and that's it. I guess (I could be wrong) disc priest and shaman are more of the same, aoe spam doing always the same so I'd like to ask if there is some healer without a strict rotation. My initial thought was either druid or monk.
    Disc Priest and Holy Paladins are so different from each other I don't see how anyone can say they're the same, so yes you're wrong in that respect.

The only healer that has it's game play close to what you call a strict rotation is disc and that's only because of the smitte/holyfire/penance spam.

Holy paladin and monk are both resource based healers, holy powet and chi respectively and I guess that qualifies as a rotation.

Your are now left with Resto druid, Shaman and Holy Priest.

Out of those 3, Resto druid manages harmony (Mastery) uptime, life bloom stacks and uptime and keeps swiftmend/regrowth on pretty much cool-down on most fights.

You're now left with Shaman Vs. Holy Priest.

On one hand Resto Shaman is the more fluid healer out of the two because you only really have to riptide on CD and use your other heals accordingly i.e. AoE (chain heal) Vs. Single target (Ghealing wave).
    Holy Priests have two chakras one for single target and one for AoE and although in raids you're more than likely to remain in the AoE Chakra for most of the fight. So this healing spec is clunky and ontop of that relies on heavy prayer of healing spam. However you are likely to spam the same chain heal keybind if you were playing on a Resto Shaman.

And there you have it, no healer has a 100percent rotation but by the same admission no GOOD healer can play without managing a few buffs, spells and timers.

One last thing: Disc is the only healing spec that you can play badly and still remain high on meters. It's design caters to lazy players.

Adios/

Deleted
    I've found holy pally to be very rotation heavy and IMO boring to play. Maybe I'm just doing something terribly wrong though.

Shamans have some very reactive abilities, but rarely use them in favor of their plethora of smart heals and AoE heals.

Monks are quite rotational too (not to the extend of Hpally imo), but require some thought of which ability you'll use as well as foresight.

Druids are very reactive and proactive with low gear, though it seems to have gotten to a point where they just spam their hots during downtime while keeping cooldowns/smart heals on cooldown. Druids have a lot of extra cooldowns which are rarely used, and easily increase the skill cap.

Disc/holy I cannot really talk about.

Not sure what to make of this, you decide.

Monks are rotational, but I've never had as much fun healing as I've had on my MW alt. Chi Torpedo is one of my favorite spells in the game lol... Fistweavings fun too

we won't know how things will look in WoD yet, and a lot of people in this thread don't seem to know too much, also EF stopped putting up shields 2 months ago

single target healing is mostly the same nowadays and triage/spot-healing (healing of a few specific targets, but not full aoe) is incredibly varied in strength between classes

anyways, to put each class in simple terms, -
    holy pally- works to gain holy power which is then dumped into EF or occasionally LotD in aoe situations and is very strong in single target and healing random specific members that have taken damage, learn to abuse macros w/ the beacon glyph for more holy power, also has a ton of personal output cds, the EF nerfs this patch hit them hard

holy priest (probably least rotation like)- a very reactive healer that can fit to anything well and has hardcore burst but chakras limit them, and feel like traps rather than an improvement to healing, their aoe healing is a series of judgements on when to use 90 talent, PoM, PoH, renew, binding heal, holy words and a few others that are occasionally needed as well as surge of light procs and sernenity holy word due to the current 2p and buffs to surge of light, pray people click the lightwell, they have the most choices to make on how to react well and are the least rotation-like healer (especially in 10s, in 25s it's just prayer of healing spam, we'll see for 20s)

disc priest- atonement provides light healing and dps while creating divine aegises on the raid that will be consumed when damage comes out, spirit shell and power word shield provide large burst healing, make sure you keep rapture on cd and abuse your 90 talent and spirit shell, use prayer of mending and prayer of healig when you need to

resto shaman- this patch healing stream, chain heal, and Healing rain have all been buffed like crazy, but their healing is pretty much unleash->healing rain, place healing totem, hope people stand in rain while trying to get the most use out of chain heal using riptide and tidal waves for aoe and spot healing, keep earthshield up

resto druid- keep lifebloom up, keep mastery up, regrowth when you get an omen proc, keep mushroom down, use soul of the forest well when you have it on, other than that, it's just rejuv for spot healing and rejuv spam+bloom+wild growth on cd, genesis if people dip really low in 10man

mistweavers- get crit, abuse mana tea and the legendary meta to their fullest, renewing mists on cooldown, get the most out of Thunder focus tea while it's up in your uplifts, abuse all kinds of nonsensical shit when needed like soothing spam, SCK cancelling, and much more when you need more chi and fistweave when you've got nothing better to do, can feel punishing as when the raid spreads out, you may feel very powerless in healing players that don't have mists on them when during these times, they'll probably see a fair amount of change coming into the next xpac as blizz doesn't like them being seen trying to maximize their gear for doing healing and how little control they have over renewing mists
    Last edited by ryklin; 2013-11-25 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    I don't care about WoD healing (because I'll quit playing, really hate the new mandatory 20m size, but that's not relevant to this thread).

I think I will go with resto druid. It seems to me the most fun healer where you have to take care of more things than usual, thanks all for the feedback!

just a quick warning, you'll be pressing about 600 buttons per fight as a druid, and 400 of them will be rejuv

Deleted
    Fixed - - - -
    Last edited by mmocab9f54402f; 2014-01-31 at 02:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The only healer that has it's game play close to what you call a strict rotation is disc and that's only because of the smitte/holyfire/penance spam.

One last thing: Disc is the only healing spec that you can play badly and still remain high on meters. It's design caters to lazy players.

Adios/
    That's only if you choose to play Disc that way, which is the lazy way (sort of) but also a fun way.

In 10m you can play Disc as a pure healer and you will considerably outperform other Disc priests who are using primarily atonement. If you are just healing then there really isn't a rotation per se.

In 25m it's harder to do raid-wide healing (but it's possible) and atonement is more attractive.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play a disc priest or MW. Considering there are times where DPS/healing is preferred and times where there isn't.

Install the PTR and create a pre-made of each and test them out.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    That's only if you choose to play Disc that way, which is the lazy way (sort of) but also a fun way.

In 10m you can play Disc as a pure healer and you will considerably outperform other Disc priests who are using primarily atonement. If you are just healing then there really isn't a rotation per se.

In 25m it's harder to do raid-wide healing (but it's possible) and atonement is more attractive.
    lol a 10m disc that isn't using primarily atonement will have awful hps.

Only exception is thok or malkorok, norushen also counts if you want to be an asshole spirit shelling on cooldown even though you can almost(can) solo heal it.