Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    lol a 10m disc that isn't using primarily atonement will have awful hps.

Only exception is thok or malkorok, norushen also counts if you want to be an asshole spirit shelling on cooldown even though you can almost(can) solo heal it.
    Since when is the point of healing to have high HPS? Is it some kind of competition with your group's other healer(s)?

Atonement is very good as a kind of sparse AoE heal, and overhealing from atonement is extremely low. But atonement has no throughput. If you're in an encounter where you need to heal balls out then atonement is not the answer; spirit shell and cooldowns are. If you're in an encounter where by and large the healers aren't stressed, then atonement is probably what you should be doing. The fun of disc (and MW) is that you have that option.

Atonement has enough throughput for the first 12 heroic bosses. Except for thok/malkorok.

You might occasionally PoH on some phases but atonement spam is more than enough for 2 healing primarily.

I haven't healed H paragons/garrosh yet but I'd bet you are still atonement spamming 70% of the time, using shields/poh only when on certain parts.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-28 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    lol a 10m disc that isn't using primarily atonement will have awful hps.

Only exception is thok or malkorok, norushen also counts if you want to be an asshole spirit shelling on cooldown even though you can almost(can) solo heal it.
    Atonement is very low throughput compared to what you can do when using your healing spells. It's still the right thing to do in many situations, but it's not much throughput. You get around 100k HPS purely from Atonement, but for bosses where throughput counts, this doesn't cut it at all. Using his healing arsenal (mostly shields) a disc can do 300k HPS, even on heroic Thok with using mostly instant spells.
    So actually you will have aweful HPS if you're primarily using atonement (on healing-heavy fights).

Yea, to add upon everyone else saying something similar, Atonement healing is terrible. It only works well in situations where heals aren't in great demand because they provide heals to one random person at a time. By random, I mean... random to YOU if the wrong person takes a dip from standing in fire or something when you hit Penance and it tops him off right before the tank takes a big hit. It provides high HPS because Divine Aegis does not overheal and it auto-targets whoever "needs" to be healed (taking into consideration only whoever lost some hp at the moment and not who actually will be in danger next GCD) so it looks good on meters. If your group isn't taking much damage, Atonement is fine and dandy. If it is... you're stuck spamming PoH like every other healer (be it Chain Heal or whatever else other healers would be spamming for high throughput).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Atonement is very low throughput compared to what you can do when using your healing spells. It's still the right thing to do in many situations, but it's not much throughput. You get around 100k HPS purely from Atonement, but for bosses where throughput counts, this doesn't cut it at all. Using his healing arsenal (mostly shields) a disc can do 300k HPS, even on heroic Thok with using mostly instant spells.
    So actually you will have aweful HPS if you're primarily using atonement (on healing-heavy fights).

you greatly underestimate it's HPS, with good gear(and people actually getting hurt) you should be able to push 160k hps smart healing. And 85% of the time the damage is so low doing anything but atonement would be a waste of a GCD.

You atonement heal 70-80% of the time and use your t90/PoH during aoe phases and shield(halo) on lucidity/rapture.

Sorry that you non-priests saw that retard atonement spamming a 65% DR primordius from the BL video and automatically thought it was bad, but for the first 8 heroic lootbags you are gonna atonement spam at least 3/4ths of the fight, you'll be atonement spamming half the time on spoils, during thok's kiting phase and a large portion of the fight on blackfuse.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-28 at 06:52 PM.

i find druid the most fun at the moment. also have a holy priest and mistweaver. found mistweaver very rotational and boring. find holy priest dull and too many buttons that did the same thing. druid i use effloresense on shroom, then wild growth every time more than 2 people are damaged and the rest is situational stuff, like rejuv, regrowth, genesis, tranq. i like having rebirth too. monk didnt have much to bring to the raid. never tried disc priest as i found there was always at least 1 other disc priest in my raid.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth