Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    First char I had was a human warrior back in beta, so I guess technically my earliest clear memory was of how cool Duskwood was back then. Think i got to around 30ish before deciding to save myself for release cos I already knew I'd be playing it.

That said, when I think earliest memory I actually think of my nelf druid on US-Release (I'm UK player but played with International Guild from SWG crossover) and how epic the starting zone felt, the music and ambience and then seeing the big treants and the moonpriestess quest giver on a nightsaber. I went on to play that as balance and it was terrible but awesome at the same time took me ages to level. Then a 60 guildie ran me through Maraudon on the day of release, we were lost for ages as it was bigger than anything previous and iirc there was an issue with maps or lack of them or something back then.

Dreadsteed epic quest was also up there as one of my fav memories outside of raiding.

Deleted
    I saw a mate playing, so bought the game (around 1.4 I think). I got home, made a Tauren Hunter because I thought having a pet would be awesome and best idea ever. I could own the world while sending my bear to fight my battle while gunning everything down. So I made the Tauren Hunter, decided to look how the Orc hunter would look and clicked on the Orc. Decided to stay with the Tauren version, clicked Tauren and started playing. Little did I know that by clicking the Tauren again, the class was reset to "standard". After dinging level 8 or so I started wondering when I would be able to get a pet.

Asking around in general I got a decent fellow explaining me I was a warrior. To this day he's still the first I level.

Deleted
    The first few days I stepped into WoW (Nelf Hunter). The music in Teldrassil and overall feeling of epicness, my god.

Deleted
    My first ever toon on day 1 in vanilla was a Human Warlock (the one I did the Dreadsteed questline on actually). It felt so cool getting a high enough level to summon an imp, buying grimoires for it, getting the next rank in Shadowbolt and buying new spells I hadn't seen yet.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Late 2007. Human warrior. Was standing around the starting zone waiting for my brother to ride from SW. level 70 warlock in full pvp gear and looks so badass and i remember commenting on how cool and freaky his felhunter was. He gave me 300 gold and killed some mobs with me.

Also the first time i took a flight path. Thought flying was so sweet. Played on a mac and wow for macs have built in recording so i still have the video of it.

First actually time was like 2005 and i played as a nelf and kept dieing running along the road for the starting area to darn, quit after the first 2 hours lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    My oldest memory is (this was back in March 2005) of my friends (about 4 real life friends from school) and I playing in Elywnn forest. I was a human warrior playing on a trial account and remember having no idea what I was doing for the entire 10 days I played. It was so much fun not knowing everything there is to know about the game and not being able to just look up any quest in detail on the fly added so much to the game itself. More specifically, though, I remember entering Stormwind for the first time and my friends showing me around and being absolutely amazed. I also thought it would be a good idea to pull a sewer gator who was a rare elite and level ??. I died immediately and everyone thought it was hilarious. Good times.. Keep in mind this was on a low-end Dell Inspiron laptop with no dedicated gpu so my framerate was probably less than 15 even on the lowest settings.. and I was on dial-up internet. But that's not what I remember the most. It was the experience.

Making a Forsaken and getting lost, dying somewhere close to the starting area and trying to find my corpse.
    Then making a Tauren Druid and finding my way into The Barrens.

First few days I logged into wow I started levelling in Teldrassil. Soon after reaching darkshore I met this gorgeous night elf priest sitting on a mount. I had never seen a mount back then and thought it was the coolest thing on earth. I got close to her and saw that she was making a speech to a couple of lowbies about raiding, saying how cool it was and whatnot. She then invited us to join her (his) guild and told us we'd have a month to get to 60 and start raiding. I thought if she had that awesome cat, she had to know what she was talking about. Challenge accepted. 40 extra levels, 935 runs into Scholomance, 678 attunement runs into blackrock depths, 235 runs into UBRS for my draconic deflector, 2 billion world kills for my stockade pauldrons (my first epic) and I was ready to tank Molten Core for the guild.

Man, oh the memories.

I'd pretend to kill for those memories again.

Deleted
    I went home to a friend that told me he was playing the beta for the coolest game ever. I created a Human Paladin, did the first quests. Then he told me to go to the next area and he showed me the map. I was shocked about how big the world was! Good times.

Deleted
    The horrible default UI. No, really. A friend talked me into playing WoW and that was the first thing that I realized after logging in. I was in Teamspeak with him back then, he was waiting for me with his own level 1 toon (we wanted to level together) and I was all like: "The hell - please tell me I can change that UI and get rid of that ornate silvery gryphon stuff."
    So I wasn't even level 5 and changed my UI via mods and never looked back. Till this day I can't stand the default UI. For some reason it totally repulses me. I prefer slender and streamlined UIs without any fancy but useless additions.

Guess it's a somewhat underwhelming first impression of the game... but don't get me wrong, despite of that I really enjoyed playing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    First few days I logged into wow I started levelling in Teldrassil. Soon after reaching darkshore I met this gorgeous night elf priest sitting on a mount. I had never seen a mount back then and thought it was the coolest thing on earth. I got close to her and saw that she was making a speech to a couple of lowbies about raiding, saying how cool it was and whatnot. She then invited us to join her (his) guild and told us we'd have a month to get to 60 and start raiding. I thought if she had that awesome cat, she had to know what she was talking about. Challenge accepted. 40 extra levels, 935 runs into Scholomance, 678 attunement runs into blackrock depths, 235 runs into UBRS for my draconic deflector, 2 billion world kills for my stockade pauldrons (my first epic) and I was ready to tank Molten Core for the guild.

Man, oh the memories.

I'd pretend to kill for those memories again.
    That post-attunement event in Stormwind when Marshal Windsor returns and gives a big rousing speech before we go to kick Onyxia's ass was so cool.

Getting together 40 people for Molten Core? Not so much, though when we did eventually get everyone there and ready it was awesome. BWL is my favourite raid though if not only for the Vaelastrasz fight. Burning Adrenaline is the best raid mechanic WoW has ever had, IMO.

Deleted
    My very first memory of WoW; I was 12 years old and my dad had finally given in to let me and my brother have the game so he surprised us with it when we got home from school. I had never played an MMO before and I was a COMPLETE noob, had to figure out how to move, talk and what button does what etc. and I started out with a night elf druid, after playing a couple hours I had gotten to Darnassus. Please keep in mind, I wasn't aware of what an emote was, and as I marveled at this beautiful forest, a gnome rogue ran up to me and /e steals your let sock.

What's this? A gnome stole my sock?!?! DO I EVEN WEAR SOCKS? So I took off my boots to find I had no socks...the gnome really did steal them what the hell?!

...complete noob was I...

Then as I was coming off to let my brother finally have a try; 'How do I save?' *facepalm* I really didn't know anything back then xD

Some great stories here, love it. Myself i had a gnome rogue back in vanilla. All i did for the first days was basicly running around asking why i couldnt trade stuff, turned out i had sign up for a trial account and not original which i had bought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    My very first memory of WoW; I was 12 years old and my dad had finally given in to let me and my brother have the game so he surprised us with it when we got home from school. I had never played an MMO before and I was a COMPLETE noob, had to figure out how to move, talk and what button does what etc. and I started out with a night elf druid, after playing a couple hours I had gotten to Darnassus. Please keep in mind, I wasn't aware of what an emote was, and as I marveled at this beautiful forest, a gnome rogue ran up to me and /e steals your let sock.

What's this? A gnome stole my sock?!?! DO I EVEN WEAR SOCKS? So I took off my boots to find I had no socks...the gnome really did steal them what the hell?!

...complete noob was I...

Then as I was coming off to let my brother finally have a try; 'How do I save?' *facepalm* I really didn't know anything back then xD
    Haha, to be honest if I had first played WoW when I was 12 I'd probably have fallen for the sock thing too. I was 19 when it came out, which makes me feel really old. XD

Went to a friend's house who just bought wow back in early 2005. Played his level 5 female night elf rogue for like 2 hours and was amazed by the world, immersion, etc. Went out and got my own copy the next day.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most memorable was when I started my very first character, a nightelf hunter, and had to man up to be able to start attacking the boars for the first quest in Shadowglen. Little did I know that I was gonna end up killing big, bad heroic bosses a few years later. It's laughable really, that I was so afraid of attcking stuff. Didn't like the idea of them attacking me back, because I was a nice person!

The very first memorable moment was when i reached level 15 or so, as a human warrior (my first char) and i ended up in the frozen quarry next to Ironforge, and my friend (level 67 at the time) came on over on his mount and i just went.. OOOOOH AAAAH such speedz many horse so mount..

Deleted
    Night elf druid in vanilla... I had never played a game like wow so was awe struck by the starting zon.... The trees the animals and even the sounds! Ahhh what I wouldn't have to feel that wonder of adventure again...

Deleted
    Lvl 14 NE male druid running around in a pink wedding dress during vanilla because i somehow thought it looked good. Gay gaming problems

I remember logging in to Shadowglen, the night elf starting area and a level 7 ran by. I was thinking to
    myself "omg!!....that dude is insane. level 7 already?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darksumit View Post
    Night elf druid in vanilla... I had never played a game like wow so was awe struck by the starting zon.... The trees the animals and even the sounds! Ahhh what I wouldn't have to feel that wonder of adventure again...
    I completely agree. That entire zone sucked me in. The music, oh man, so good. Magical.