Lack of new abilities/rotation vs Raiding, Is new content enough?

We get a level 100 talent for an ability, that mostly is for PvP. In previous expansions, especialy the first 2, a new expansion meant a whole new set of abilities and rotation. We are talking core abilities like Dual Wield for enhancement shaman in TBC, Maelstorm Weapon stacking in WotLK etc... A whole new rotation meant the game felt "new" and it was fun to look up optimal rotations etc.

With 1 new ability, and a few "upgrades" on core abilities, your rotation will barely change. You have probably already mastered your rotation in the current expansion.

TL;DR: Will raiding get boring quickly when there is "no new rotation"? Can fun tactics alone carry the amount of fun you will have?

We don't need more abilitys. That's why it's hard to balance classes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    We don't need more abilitys. That's why it's hard to balance classes
    I never wanted more abilities, i wanted change in abilities. Personally, I would love it if they removed like 50%+ of the abilities we have, especially stuff like stun removals, 3 CC abilities on each class, 4 different fireball variations that basicly does the same...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I never wanted more abilities, i wanted change in abilities. Personally, I would love it if they removed like 50%+ of the abilities we have, especially stuff like stun removals, 3 CC abilities on each class, 4 different fireball variations that basicly does the same...
    We haven't seen ANY of the spell/class changes for WoD. We're not yet at the point where that information is put out there yet. There will be plenty of changes in abilities, Blizz just hasn't told us yet because that's Beta information and we dont' have the Beta yet.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I'm trying to figure out what part of my talents scream pvp only for holy pallies......lol

I'd consider to return to WoW if Blizzard would make a smart move to make an ability squish and really carefully innovate each ability again so i can make meaningful choices as to what my ability load out should be.

I find it incredibly boring that I don't have a tactical choice about my abilities but rather have X ability always ready for when Y happens, instead of the choice between not having X and having to adapt to Y through the use of Z ability because Z gives great synergy with ability W.

Basically I'm asking for something like this: http://youtu.be/6GuvXFD-pXI?t=16m12s (Wildstar spellslinger stream - but just watch it as an example of how to do ability squish and building an action set).

That would be awesome and make me want to play again. More tactical depth Blizzard. Not more ability bloat and meaningless class changes. Would even make the classes much easier to balance when you don't have to consider that all classes always have XZW on their bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding will be fine. With the new 20m raids, mage and warlock tanks will have more exciting game play. Also adding a new ability to my rotation would be annoying, and less enjoyable, but that is my own option.