Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Eh, I made a couple hundred K off sky golems since I have four engineers, and used to make a decent profit on ghost iron dragonlings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Engineering is beyond worth it for quality of life, and synapse springs stacked with cooldowns makes it generally the best raiding profession.

- Pandaria Wormhole is amazing for farming zandalari warbringers, doing archaeology, or doing pet battle quests
    - Northrend wormhole is great for getting to argent tournament without the tabard, or storm peaks to farm TLPD, or to get to ulduar quickly, or farm pets there
    - Loot-a-rang lets you fetch loot off a corpse that's inside an object or died on a wall that's out of interact range, though AOE looting has somewhat lessened this issue
    - Area 52 Teleporter is nice for getting there to do various outland things, getting to tempest keep quickly, or getting the spiffy transporter debuffs (tauren rogue or mage, etc)
    - Nitro boosts are amazing in raids and around the world, the benefits vastly outweigh the roughly 10% fail rate
    - Other belt tinkers are also very useful situationally, our raid's engineers used EMP generator to AOE stun crawler mines on siegecrafter blackfuse heroic as the stun has no DR and has a huge range.
    - Goblin glider doesn't fail and is great for doing things like dropping into ordon sanctuary from the north or west without having to land on the beach and run up there with a ground mount
    - Invisibility belt lets you invis through challenge mode trash so your potion isn't put on cooldown for 10 minutes by using an invis pot.
    - Much much more

The ability to have multiple items which teleport you various places in the game world, even if they're "old" places, is huge because it opens up many new things to do for you, and that's why it's the best profession, raiding benefits aside.
    This, all of it.

Plus there are always nice benefits (e.g. Jeeves, a repair bot/mats vendor in raids, inside or when repair mounts weren't that common), I'm looking forward to what WoD will bring here.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really ever been known for being a big money maker, but it is a cool profession. Primarily the Tinkers and also the Gadgets you can make. For me they're the best things. It's my default profession on recent Alts given I have one of every other profession. Atm tempted to make a Worgen Druid just to see how fast I could get it to move Currently working on a Monk which will be interesting as well
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Turbo-Charged Flying Machine. That is all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, with funmounts in mind, is it still crucial to choose between Goblin and Gnome Engineering? Does one of them blocks me from achieving the fun things mentioned above?

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is the best profession for combat (Fact). Jewelcrafting is the best profession for gold (opinion). Have both of those (Just like me ) and you're set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    *snip*
    You're wrong about that just a bit, the secondary stats on JC gems are 480 not 320, they are only 1.5x the value of a normal gem while primary stats are 2x the value of a normal gem. Engineering is by far the most fun primary profession anyways, JC is much less so. I'd suggest staying with engineering, jeeves is a necessity to have in progression raiding. For profit it depends pretty much entirely on the economy on your server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyazo View Post
    Guys, with funmounts in mind, is it still crucial to choose between Goblin and Gnome Engineering? Does one of them blocks me from achieving the fun things mentioned above?
    No, other than the area 52 teleporter that you get with goblin engineering giving cooler "malfunctions" than the gadgetzan/toshley ones gnomish gives.

Coming from someone who has Engineering on every character, yes, it's the most fun profession in my opinion, when i got it on my warrior main, and went to play alt, not having rocket boots and goblin glider was just depressing.

TL;DR: It's the most fun profession, why the hell not have it?

Engineering is best if you have an alt to take professions that will take care of finances.