Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is, it was released by Valve.
    Oh, nice. Found it on imgur, was too lazy to check. But because of you I decided to man up and do a maximum of 1 Google search, found this:
    http://www.incgamers.com/2014/01/val...g-sales-region

Deleted
    I have to admit, I didn't think that Western Europe and North America are that far ahead of other markets. Especially the ratio between Western / Eastern Europe (40% to 2%) is surprising.

It is, it was released by Valve.
    Oh nice. Just curious now why other markets are lower. Like if price is higher than / they have cheaper means. Region locks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh nice. Just curious now why other markets are lower. Like if price is higher than / they have cheaper means. Region locks, etc.
    Lack of large-scale affordable internet access, lack of PC gaming community, lack of games released in their regions, lack of large middle class with the expendable income to spend on games. All sound pretty plausible for some of those regions.

Lack of large-scale affordable internet access, lack of PC gaming community, lack of games released in their regions, lack of large middle class with the expendable income to spend on games. All sound pretty plausible for some of those regions.
    Yea I figured it was something along those lines. I just didn't know if Steam (or any company) did much research and wrote and article or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yea I figured it was something along those lines. I just didn't know if Steam (or any company) did much research and wrote and article or anything.
    Valve is super duper stingy about the information they release. I'd kill to get access to it, because you can do so much with it.

I'm sure there's some paper or study out there somewhere, but like hell if I'm going to take the time to find it : P

Valve is super duper stingy about the information they release. I'd kill to get access to it, because you can do so much with it.

I'm sure there's some paper or study out there somewhere, but like hell if I'm going to take the time to find it : P
    Haha, I know how you feel. Wouldn't mind reading it, but too lazy to actually look for it. I'm sure someone will find it at some point and link it. Then I might read it.

As for Valve not releasing info, I'm not surprised. You could do a lot with the information, not to mention their competitors who is the last person they'd want to have it.

Is this a Steam News/Sales Megathread now?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20884...-dev-days.html

No more Greenlight somewhere in the future. Can't say I own many Greenlit games or that many games made it to the store through the process at all, but the idea behind the system is nice. The only games I voted on were indie bundle games that had a link to the Greenlight page.
    Don't think Early Access is going anywhere though.

And a new controller, which at the moment I couldn't care less about.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Greenlight should stay, but they should implement more engaging feedback in order to qualify your opinion. It's one thing to see a picture and click no instantly, as we all have done (me with any survival horror game at all, doesn't matter what it looks like), but quite another to do something like this:

1) Less games up for voting.

2) Require the reviewer to go through an elaborate feedback system

3) Only allow certain levels of Steam users to vote.

If the system forced you to watch the whole video, then went to a summary page which you had to scroll and check that you read it like a tos, then asked more than yes/no sorta like what would you pay for this game, would you play this multiplayer, then a mandatory comment section where you had to type something. As crazy as that sounds, that would be revolutionary for getting accurate feedback from people who are actually interested. Reducing the amount of games getting pushed through the service would mean that the lower number of repsonders is more in line with the expected sales.
    BAD WOLF