Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Zero graphical customization options and textures that IMO look worse than the original (I have the original installed as well). Coupled with the shoulder mounted flashlight, it ruins the game for me : (
    Generally just felt kinda like the stripped out a lot of stuff from the original version in terms of visuals and visual customization options. Quite disappointing.

I was debating Metro: Last Light's DLC or DOOM 3: BFG Edition to get with the base game of Metro: Last Light, as I bought a $20 Steam Card and all 3 were $23.87 or something. I decided to get the Metro: Last Light Season Pass, as DOOM 3 will probably go on-sale again soon, and I have so many old school shooters (Half-Life, Deus Ex 1-3, and Max Payne 1-3) to play that I figured I'd take the extra eye candy game content. In total:

--Dishonored Game of the Year Edition
    --Deus Ex
    --Deus Ex: Invisible War
    --Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
    --Max Payne
    --Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
    --Max Payne 3
    --Dark Souls
    --Metro: Last Light and Season Pass (would buy Metro 2033, but a friend in the game sharing beta has it, so I will play it through his account)

So 9 games total, and I actually have enough credits through Bing Rewards and GameStop's PowerUp Rewards to probably get 2 more $20 Steam cards. If I get a Best Buy or GameStop gift card for Christmas with my grandma on Wednesday, I'll probably put that towards another card or two as well. I spent $35.78 before I got my card, then another $18.68 from that $20 card, bringing my total spent on the 9 games to $54.46. If I was to spend my Bing/GameStop rewards on Steam cards, I could get another $40 in Steam money, and end up spending around $100 on Steam games by the end of this, given they put other stuff on my Wishlist on-sale.

Next 5 games I want:

1. DOOM 3: BFG Edition
    2. Half-Life 2/The Orange Box
    3. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (still bitter it lost the Community Vote)
    4. Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
    5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition

I know that Skyrim was on-sale earlier, but not by enough to convince me to buy a game I already had on 360 (and got all of the base Achievements on).
    Last edited by Lilfrier; 2013-12-28 at 04:50 PM.

Is Prison Architect worth $15 in its current state?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Is Prison Architect worth $15 in its current state?
    Yes, absolutely. If you like this sort of building game. As I mentioned before, it's getting regular, decent sized updates, and the steam workshop has just opened. The last update a couple of days ago was pretty big. Expect some pretty decent mods coming soon - there were some great ones previously, but it was awkward to find them/install/keep them updated without the workshop.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo apparently the next two days have been pushed as news announcements (probably by mistake) http://store.steampowered.com/news If accurate, that means

29th Dec

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
    Deadlight 80% off
    Mass Effect 2 75% off
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
    Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
    The Swapper 66% off
    Risk of Rain 33% off
    Spelunky 75% off
    Total War: Rome II 50% off

30th Dec

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
    Alan Wake 90% off
    Kerbal Space Program 40% off
    Metro: Last Light 66% off
    Rising Storm 75% off
    Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
    Outlast 66% off
    Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
    Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-12-28 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I inevitably see this echoed multiple times during any sale Steam does. What do people want / expect to make it better?
    They either want it to.
    Be exactly like their first steam sale where they picked up a billion games and think somehow devs can make games faster than they can press add to cart or
    They want to have supercheap games regardless of initial price and for Steam to put games on sale they didn't even know they wanted.

idk maybe it's because I don't buy outside of sales but I've picked up like 7-8 games and all of them look pretty alright and I didn't even spend that much.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    *snip*
    Actually, those are the deals for Sunday and Monday. The current deals are listed in the news as Day 9 and those are Day 11 and 12. This means that we still have Day 10 of unknown sales, then the accidental news ones.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually, those are the deals for Sunday and Monday. The current deals are listed in the news as Day 9 and those are Day 11 and 12. This means that we still have Day 10 of unknown sales, then the accidental news ones.
    Ooh, I see, updated my post.

Darn, I was hoping to see DOOM 3: BFG Edition on there. I couldn't get it with Metro: Last Light and its season pass on one Steam card, so I wanted to grab it with the next, if it went on-sale again. Of course, if I thought ahead, I could have grabbed Metro and DOOM, then grabbed the Metro Season Pass during that daily sale it comes up on, when I'll have likely grabbed a new card.

Otherwise, it dumb that New Vegas is currently 50% off, but New Vegas Ultimate Edition is only 40% off. I hope that when the former hits 66% off, the latter does as well. I'm only going to consider a purchase there if it does, because I could just borrow the game from my cousin and buy something else.

Come on Gaben, where's my XCOM?

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of Gaben i feel the need to post this
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Has anyone played Godus, it looks interesting but im not sure if I want to shell out 10 dollars for it. (I got a 50 dollar giftcard for Steam for Christmas so it won't technically cost me but I want to make sure I can get the most out of it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Has anyone played Godus, it looks interesting but im not sure if I want to shell out 10 dollars for it. (I got a 50 dollar giftcard for Steam for Christmas so it won't technically cost me but I want to make sure I can get the most out of it)
    Its a waste of money in its current state and it hasn't had an update for Months.

Whelp, Brothers is 70% off. I guess I no longer have a say in whether to not I purchase it, haha. I KNEW I would need at least one more Steam card...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did a free-to-play game win the community choice, and why was it even an option? I wanted to play pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why did a free-to-play game win the community choice, and why was it even an option? I wanted to play pool.
    Bought Brothers, looks cool!

SNOW isnt free yet, it says upcoming free-to-play game. My guess is that in order to play right now, you have to pay. Used to enjoy the old snow games on N64 so thats cool. I'll keep an eye out for that, not paying though

Brothers says it requires a controller to play :/

I still don't understand why Deadpool is €12,49 while it's only $9,99.

If you somehow haven't yet purchased Simcity 4, I highly suggest getting it. $5 is a great deal for what is still the best city-building game out there, and the mods and user-generated content for this title are simply enormous.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda ot but should i try to sell my duplicate trading cards?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    kinda ot but should i try to sell my duplicate trading cards?
    If you're not going to use them they're pretty useless, may as well try and get something for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you're not going to use them they're pretty useless, may as well try and get something for them.
    but you barely get 10 cents for most of em is it still worth doing