Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i cant imagine what sort of hell it must be to have no money during a steam sale :\
    I can. Wouldn't change anything for me, spent about $1.20 so far.

i cant imagine what sort of hell it must be to have no money during a steam sale :\
    That has been me for the past 8 months. Luckily I've had some to spare this time.

Deleted
    just bought borderlands 2, wtf is with the obnoxiiusly long unskippable intro? i want to play not watch a video!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I recently sold all my cards because I don't care about the badges, made over $20 (I had 7 pages of cards :P). I still have a ton of games with cards I haven't played. Seems fine for 10 minutes of my work listing them to be honest. If you don't care about the snowglobe badge / possible warframe/dota rewards, then just sell them. They'll disappear from your inventory, so who cares if you only make a dollar, it's still a free dollar off your next purchase
    yeah im tempted to just sell them all since i wont be buying other peoples cards just to finish a badge :/

- - - Updated - - -

just bought borderlands 2, wtf is with the obnoxiiusly long unskippable intro? i want to play not watch a video!
    hmm i swear i replied to this but i guess it disapeared.. anyway

both games have long unskippable intro/tutorials which is almost enough to prevent you from making another character
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-12-31 at 02:06 AM.

I thought Claptrap's missing eye intro was pretty good. Or is there something else that isn't skippable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands videos are funny, i suggest you watch them all =P claptrap is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'd rather not have any games than deal with Origin's bullshit ever again. That thing was the worst service I installed on my PC in a long time.
    I only use it for Mass Effect 3, and I've yet to have any issues with it. I REALLY wish ME3 was on Steam though, because that's my preferred application. All things in one place and all.

Mass Effect 1 is a good game, though a bit dated. I played through it again in order to get a good saved character to bring to ME2, which I also replayed again. It's worth playing through more than once if you enjoy the story and the lore, but it's gameplay isn't as good as ME2 and 3. It's roleplaying aspects feel a tad deeper than 2 or 3, which are bit more streamlined, so that's where it's strength lies. The connections you make with it's characters carry you through the rest of the series, which is why I consider it essential to play. I just started ME3, since I bought it for cheap on Amazon's digital game sale (which was obviously started to compete with Steam).

Day 11's Deals (Yesterday)

Daily Deals Day 11 (12/29/13):
    Name of Game……………………………… Original Price………… Discounted/Sale Price
    The Swapper $14.99 $5.09 (66% off)
    Fallout New Vegas $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Deadlight $14.99 $2.99 (80% off)
    Might and Magic Heroes VI $29.99 $7.49 (75% off)
    Risk of Rain $9.99 $6.69 (33% off)
    Total War Rome II $59.95 $29.97 (50% off)
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 $24.99 $6.24 (75% off)
    Spelunky $14.99 $3.74 (75% off)
    Mass Effect 2 $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Flash Sales Day 11/Round 1:
    Trine 2 Complete Story $19.99 $1.99 (90% off)
    Assetto Corsa $39.99 $29.99 (25% off)
    Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior $29.99 $7.49 (75% off)
    Prototype 2 $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 11/Round 1:
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    Wargame: Airland Battle (75% off)
    Arma 3 (40% off)
    Company of Heroes 2 (66% off)

Flash Sales Day 11/Round 2:
    Bioshock Infinite $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    The Stanley Parable $14.99 $8.99 (40% off)
    Wizardry 8 $14.99 $2.24 (85% off)
    Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse $24.99 $16.74 (33% off)

Community Choices Day 11/Round 2:
    Space Hulk (66% off)
    Remember Me (75% off)
    How to Survive (70% off)

Flash Sales Day 11/Round 3:
    Grid 2 $49.99 $12.49 (75% off)
    Contrast $14.99 $7.49 (50% off)
    Borderlands 2 $29.99 $7.49 (75% off)
    Agarest Generations of War $19.99 $6.79 (66% off)

Community Choices Day 11/Round 3:
    Contraption Maker (75% off)
    Triple Town (75% off)
    Nihilumbra (70% off)

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure if it's worth it at the price, but if Ducktales wins the next vote, I might think about it.

Daily Deals Day 12 (12/30/13):
    Name of Game……………………………………………… Original Price………… Discounted/Sale Price
    Outlast $19.99 $6.79 (66% off)
    Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition $29.99 $14.99 (50% off)
    Game Dev Tycoon $9.99 $4.99 (50% off)
    Grand Theft Auto IV $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition $49.99 $24.99 (50% off)
    Metro Last Light $39.99 $13.59 (66% off)
    Rising Storm $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Kerbal Space Program $26.99 $16.19 (40% off)
    Alan Wake $29.99 $2.99 (90% off)

Flash Sales Day 12/Round 1:
    Shadow Warrior $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    Limbo $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition $29.99 $5.99 (80% off)
    Spacebase DF-9 $24.99 $12.49 (50% off)

Community Choices Day 12/Round 1:
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    Age of Empires II HD Edition (75% off)
    Anno 2070 (75% off)
    Europa Universalis IV (50% off)

Flash Sales Day 12/Round 2:
    Name of Game……………………………………………… Original Price……… Discounted/Sale Price
    Legend of Dungeon $9.99 $1.49 (85% off)
    Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition $29.99 $5.99 (80% off)
    The Dead Linger $19.99 $13.39 (33% off)
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $59.99 $14.99 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 12/Round 2:
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    Ducktales (60% off)
    Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (75% off)
    Wrack (80% off)

Flash Sales Day 12/Round 3:
    The Witcher 2 $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $24.99 $9.99 (60% off)
    Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves $14.99 $3.74 (75% off)
    Poker Night 2 $4.99 $0.99 (80% off)

Community Choices Day 12/Round 3:
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    Ys I & II Chronicles (75% off)
    Wanderlust (75% off)
    Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipe of Darkness 4 (70% off)
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-31 at 03:37 PM.

I finally cracked and made my first buy, Age of Empires II HD Edition + 3rd Expansion for $7.49. Even though I have the original and the original Conquerors expansion, they're in a box somewhere and none of them probably support the new online play Steam uses anyways since that old MS service is long long gone considering I started played this game as a kid in school originally. So yeah, why not...that and still waiting on BL2 season pass to drop to something half decent >.>

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I finally cracked and made my first buy, Age of Empires II HD Edition + 3rd Expansion for $7.49. Even though I have the original and the original Conquerors expansion, they're in a box somewhere and none of them probably support the new online play Steam uses anyways since that old MS service is long long gone considering I started played this game as a kid in school originally. So yeah, why not...that and still waiting on BL2 season pass to drop to something half decent >.>
    If you enjoyed it back when it came out I'm sure you'll enjoy it now. I tried the old disks and the multiplayer wasn't working when I tried it. I've got the Steam version now, but haven't played the newest expansion. I got it in a trade, just haven't had a chance to fiddle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Still not sure if it's worth it at the price, but if Ducktales wins the next vote, I might think about it.
    If you enjoyed it on NES you'll probably like it now. It's a basic platformer. If you like achievements then you it'll take you 3 playthroughs (on various difficulties) to get them all. Also, when I last checked each card was going for about $0.20 so if you sell them you can knock off almost another $1.00 on it all.

I... I don't even know what I can say about Bioshock Infinite. I'm not a gameplay freak, but more of a story and atmosphere guy. The graphics were absolutely flawless (and my computer's shitty graphics card handled most, but when it didn't, it made it feel even more surreal). That was possibly the best video game story (Portal 2 has a challenger in my book now) and is one of the best stories I've heard/read ever. The music was incredible. The voice acting was some of the best in a game I've ever played. My only issue is how little I care for the FPS genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'd rather not have any games than deal with Origin's bullshit ever again. That thing was the worst service I installed on my PC in a long time.

Getting my account unlocked with Origin was like a 2 day process ending with calling them directly for like 20 minutes. The freakin' worst.

Steam or bust.
    Well, Origins at least works. I guess you never had to use uPlay. :O

For anyone interested each day's sales are fully updated now. Slacked off on a few days since I don't have as much PC access on weekends as I do during the week plus holidays shafted some of my time. If you want to revisit each past sale to see if something was cheaper, been on sale, etc all the links are in the original OP link.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you enjoyed it back when it came out I'm sure you'll enjoy it now. I tried the old disks and the multiplayer wasn't working when I tried it. I've got the Steam version now, but haven't played the newest expansion. I got it in a trade, just haven't had a chance to fiddle with it.

If you enjoyed it on NES you'll probably like it now. It's a basic platformer. If you like achievements then you it'll take you 3 playthroughs (on various difficulties) to get them all. Also, when I last checked each card was going for about $0.20 so if you sell them you can knock off almost another $1.00 on it all.
    Out of curiosity, do all the old cheat codes still work? It's fun to tear stuff up with cars for the heck of it (though nothing beats the original's fun cheat codes like cyber troopers with laser guns and babies on bikes shooting bazookas).

Just bought Dark Souls for 5.99€

Heard so much about it, goona try it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Out of curiosity, do all the old cheat codes still work? It's fun to tear stuff up with cars for the heck of it (though nothing beats the original's fun cheat codes like cyber troopers with laser guns and babies on bikes shooting bazookas).
    Yes, they do and if interested here is a link to a page with all the codes on it. Just beware if you enable cheats you can't get any achievements for that game (use to be you could when it first launched but it's been patched).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I... I don't even know what I can say about Bioshock Infinite. I'm not a gameplay freak, but more of a story and atmosphere guy. The graphics were absolutely flawless (and my computer's shitty graphics card handled most, but when it didn't, it made it feel even more surreal). That was possibly the best video game story (Portal 2 has a challenger in my book now) and is one of the best stories I've heard/read ever. The music was incredible. The voice acting was some of the best in a game I've ever played. My only issue is how little I care for the FPS genre.
    I actually came into this thread just to discuss Bioshock Infinite, and ask if there are any similar type games.

I'm amazed at how much I like the game, because I hardly ever play FPS; the only other FPS I play is L4D2, with friends cos it's fun like that. I just happened to pick up Bioshock Infinite since it was on sale, and my brother who has similar tastes to me in games recommended it. It was literally a spur of the moment decision, and one of my best such decisions this year. No regrets, from the opening cutscene to where I am now.

From any one particular factor, it isn't astounding. The music is great, the story is fairly decent, the voice acting is nice, the gameplay is pretty cool, the graphics are good. As a whole package however, it is just DAMN FUN. There is nothing in the game I consider to be mediocre; so while it may not be THEMOSTAMAZINGTHINGEVER, I would've paid full price for the game if I knew it was going to be this much fun.

Are there any other FPS games similar to Bioshock with a decent story as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I actually came into this thread just to discuss Bioshock Infinite, and ask if there are any similar type games.

I'm amazed at how much I like the game, because I hardly ever play FPS; the only other FPS I play is L4D2, with friends cos it's fun like that. I just happened to pick up Bioshock Infinite since it was on sale, and my brother who has similar tastes to me in games recommended it. It was literally a spur of the moment decision, and one of my best such decisions this year. No regrets, from the opening cutscene to where I am now.

From any one particular factor, it isn't astounding. The music is great, the story is fairly decent, the voice acting is nice, the gameplay is pretty cool, the graphics are good. As a whole package however, it is just DAMN FUN. There is nothing in the game I consider to be mediocre; so while it may not be THEMOSTAMAZINGTHINGEVER, I would've paid full price for the game if I knew it was going to be this much fun.

Are there any other FPS games similar to Bioshock with a decent story as well?
    Bioshock 1 is a good game with a good story too. Quite a bit darker than infinite, but still offers a lot of fun.