Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

increased fotm rerolls in WoD

I don't mind the free 90 boost at the start, but pay to get a free 90 makes me think we will have a huge increase in fotm rerolls. Many players won't reroll to an OP class because they cba with lvling 90 (soon 100) levels. Now they only have to do 10 levels. Thoughts?

They could already do that anyway by opening a new account, buying WoD again, and then transferring the 90 to their main account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I don't mind the free 90 boost at the start, but pay to get a free 90 makes me think we will have a huge increase in fotm rerolls. Many players won't reroll to an OP class because they cba with lvling 90 (soon 100) levels. Now they only have to do 10 levels. Thoughts?
    Well, a lot players already have quite a bit of classes at 90, so I don't know whether the impact will be so big.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

And then when those classes go through the Inevitable Start Of Expansion Nerfs they'll whine about being ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Yes, this will happen.

This will likely have consequences, mostly at the upper levels of PVE and PVP - every slight imbalance will be emphasized, since rerolling fast got significantly easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many FotM rerollers most likely already have several level 90's by now due the fact they like to.. mm... constantly change their characters depending on class status in PvP and/or PvE.

And still, even if they wouldn't add this service at all, players would still change characters. As leveling is already insanely fast, and even faster with fully heirloomed characters. Paying 50 € to get another level 90 and start leveling from there or playing 2 days of it to achieve same thing with less money. Not much of difference (in-game).

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Many FotM rerollers most likely already have several level 90's by now due the fact they like to.. mm... constantly change their characters depending on class status in PvP and/or PvE.
    Baseless. People come and go, they change how they play, FotMs change between seasons / tiers, partners / groups change as well, etc. Almost nobody who's into arenas, for example, keeps 11 classes at current max level just because they might need them. 2-3, at most. Maybe it's different with raids, but I somehow doubt it, back when I was into raiding it wasn't the case for sure.

People who seriously think about FOTM have already rolled multiple 90s years ago. I don't see there will be any difference.

Deleted
    When I was "pretty new" to the game i was a fotm myself. Rolled a rogue and feral in cara, hunter and warr at the start of MoP. Next season the class got nerfed but I cba'd lvl again to get my new fotm up and running, I might have done this if it had a free boost with it. But hey, now I'm maining a monk and loving every minute of it!

Now, more people will become FotM re-rollers though. It will have an impact, how big said impact will be is impossible to predict though. I don't think it will matter much to be quite honest. I am much more conserned for players who feel forced to re-roll should their class not be desired by their current raid guild, they will get a big increase in cash spent on WoW I'm afraid.

Nope, because there is absolutely no requirement to use this service immidiately, AND, the service will be offered before 6.0 launches.

Deleted
    Rerolling already is way too easy and favours FOTM-rerollers way too much.
    And while I do agree that those people probably already have a lot of max level chars, the boosts very well could lead to the whole thing becoming even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? It literally has no impact on your experience, there will always be people playing every class.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkBrogan View Post
    Who cares? It literally has no impact on your experience, there will always be people playing every class.
    Of course, FotMs have an impact on your experience, if you are into PVP, for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't see the downside in this, to the contrary...i can predict many people playing classes they're not familiar with in pvp, which means free hk's for the most part

Deleted
    What's wrong with being an FotM reroller?

I wouldn't hesitate for one second to reroll if my guild needed me as something else than a mage.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lvling to 90 takes what.. 2-3 days?

Arenas seasons last 20-25 weeks.

Yeah I doubt bought 90's will have that much of an impact.

If people want to FOTM enough they will either level or pay the money.

A current trend in my friend group is those that play all the time many hours a day say they wouldn't pay for 90's, but those that play only a few hours here and there each week said they would. Meaning the one's willing to spend the money are the people that work/do more outside of WoW. The Hardcore players already have 1 of every class 85+ and would just Level.

In the end it wouldn't even matter enough to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate for one second to reroll if my guild needed me as something else than a mage.
    Some people actually like to stick to one class no matter what. Others always choose the easy way. That's how it is indeed.

Deleted
    What's so wrong about FoTM? I really fail to see a problem here, playing many classes semi-competently is the sign of a good player, if anything. Sure enough, you might get annoyed in arena when seeing a warrior/hunter combo for the milionth time, but if the players are just bad even FoTM classes won't save them from getting pwnd.

Rerolling every patch or two is a viable way to play this game. I've stuck to my main (a lock) since the beginning, played it while it was weak, play it now while it's OP and I'll continue to play it even when it inevitably gets nerfed into oblivion once again. However, I know a lot of people who like to mix it up, change specs, change classes and roles; and as long as they are able to play what they choose - more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    AND, the service will be offered before 6.0 launches.
    They haven't even fully decided that they're going to even offer the service yet let alone when it's going to launch.