Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Blood Elves or Blood Elf paladin's going to play a significant role aswell? Something to do with lore?

If so, I'd be surprised if they didn't get updated for launch aswell.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    the Draenei and Blood elves look so much better than the classic races.
    Not true actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Draenei and Blood elves are getting their models updated after the classic races get their update. It's only fair as the Draenei and Blood elves look so much better than the classic races. They don't need an update as soon.
    Actually, I beg to differ. I think Blood Elves are the worst looking models in the game at the moment. They have even less in the way of features than even humans. This has nothing to do with thinking BEs are ugly, per se; I just think their models are ugly because they lack any real detail. They have massive eyebrows, but other than that, their models are just so freaking bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Not true actually.
    Actually, it is. They have considerably more polygons and better textures. Put the old orc, dwarf, or gnome models next to the blood elf or draenei movies. There's a pretty big difference.

Change the thread name, god damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic races should come first regardless of the draenei's place in this expansion. Classic races are by far the most poorly aged, draenei are more detailed on several levels, such as having actual 3d-modeled teeth and more bones.

And I say this with 4 level 85-90 draenei. :P

I HIGHLY doubt they will update Worgen, Goblins, Draenai or Blood Elves for wod, they are all new and current as opposed to the original races.

I faced similar problem on Exodar. When we crash in 2008, people laugh at us to call us space goat. So I consult O'ros. O'ros know best. O'ros tell me of the sad reality that as a race, we do appear as goats from space. O'ros tell me that in a land of many Shreks, Santa's Little Helpers and Native American 'themed' cow-people, we will never be accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I played Draenei as main (and will likely continue to have a Draenei main when I resub for WoD) and would of course love to see their models updated in time for launch. That being said, in spite of the theme of WoD I can see why the classic races are being prioritised. They are simply lower quality. The difference from 2004 to 2007 is telling. I can certainly see the OP's point - it does make sense for the Orcs and Draenei to both look shiny and new for WoD launch but ultimately the classic races need it more, so I don't mind if I have to wait for a bit after launch to play a shiny new Draenei.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    not sure i understand what your concern is? every race except the worgen, goblins and pandaren are getting updated. only reason those 3 arent is they are all very new compared to the others.

so dont worry. everyone is getting love. the draenei arent gonna be left in the dust
    Probably has been said already in this thread but Blizzard revealed at Blizzcon they are going to even look at doing things to the Worgen and Goblins. The Pandaren represent the staple, basically.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be quite obvious that Draenei is very high on the priority list for Blizzard. WoD is supposed to be Orc and Draenei centric expansion...... so those two are the most important. Atleast that's how I see it. Hell, even the new continent is Draenor
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Personally, I think both Draenei and Blood Elves will be ready at launch, it's just Blizzard and their hate of promises...
    I agree, it's quite possible and people are just jaded with Blizzard for the most part after being saturated on community forums with things like the "herp derp dance studio fallacy" (which can be found in the latest edition of Webster's Dictionary for 2014). There's a good chance they will not only finish the vanilla races in time and have these two TBC races, but even more surprises in store.

But as there's a chance they won't, of course Blizzard won't say anything concrete that is subject to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post
    I faced similar problem on Exodar. When we crash in 2008, people laugh at us to call us space goat. So I consult O'ros. O'ros know best. O'ros tell me of the sad reality that as a race, we do appear as goats from space. O'ros tell me that in a land of many Shreks, Santa's Little Helpers and Native American 'themed' cow-people, we will never be accepted.
    You know, it's really a shame this meme of "space goats" is what happened with Draenei. They are basically the idea of "Hey, what would happen if we took a classical iconic demon design and gave it basically a halo and the features of a divine and benevolent Hindu god or goddess". The concept of juxtaposing a demon with an angel is just fucking awesome in my mind, but instead people just get initiated into the WOW community with the whole "space goat herp derp meme" (also coming in Webster's 2014 edition).

They also equate the Robin William's Geni from Aladdin physique with "fat", which just makes me face palm.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    My point is, that since the expansion is orc/dranei based, they are the ones who should get updated firstly.

Ogres models did get updated, so why dranei cannot, since ogres will play less vital role compared to dranei. At least that i get from the info we got so far.
    Ogres only got a reskin, so they look a bit better. I don't know if you have been paying attation but the player races get there model/skeleton reworked.
    This is a very long and dificult progres and there for, the new models take a while.
    Draenei (not dranei) get there models done after the vanilla races.
    Yes, i know there a big part of this expantion, and i too love to see them done before release, but please let blizz do the old races first.

Deleted
    I really hope Draeneis get the revamp before launch, was my main concern, that an Expansion that is set with much lore for Orcs and Draeneis, should at least have them both nice and shiny to the release. Can't really compare Belf/Draenei with like Pandaren, it's a massive jump there, even if Belf/Draenei are a little better then the Vanilla models.

But can hope they get all done, can't wait for that. Just glad they actually updates them.

And yes, my main is Draenei, so bite me. :'D

If Draenei really are going to play heavy role in this expansion, then they should be on the same priority level as Orcs.

That said, if you want something that is vastly in need of a change, look no farther than a race that isn't getting updated at all - specially the female version of the Worgen. The Female Worgen look so irreparably terrible that they don't just need an update, they need completely redone. They make all the vanilla races combined look like pure gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    If Draenei really are going to play heavy role in this expansion, then they should be on the same priority level as Orcs.

That said, if you want something that is vastly in need of a change, look no farther than a race that isn't getting updated at all - specially the female version of the Worgen. The Female Worgen look so irreparably terrible that they don't just need an update, they need completely redone. They make all the vanilla races combined look like pure gold.
    I agree, female worgen look like demented chihuahua's. But Draenei should get an update as, like you said, they are centric to the expansion.

Older races need it more. Have you seen troll eyes, or human fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Older races need it more. Have you seen troll eyes, or human fists.
    That's besides the point, you don't make a product, center it around a theme then make sure everything but the theme is worked on. You make sure that your main features are polished beyond belief. Its common sense. If all models are going to be updated, Draenei and Orcs should be top priority as the expansion seems to revolve around them. A few months wont make a difference to your undead or gnome models, but when you see all spiffy Orc NPC's on Draenor and all your new Draenei NPC's still look dated its disappointing. There wont be many new NPC's from the other races as the only faction related races on Draenor are Draenei and Orcs.

Its like comics, comic book artists make sure that the hero/villain/main characters are all awesome looking, but they don't put in so much effort into the backgrounds and general population. They prioritise the focal points of the comic. They dont decide, "Well, these innocent victims in the background haven't really had an overhaul recently, screw spidey, that woman and her baby need a makeover"

I'm not saying that some of the old models aren't just awful, because they are, there are certain race/sex combos I don't play because they are terrible (Draenei Male, Human Male, Worgen Female to name a few), but if they are all going to be done, and its only going to be a few months apart, I don't see the problem with making the expansion as immersive as possible by making sure that all the main focal points are great first then moving on to the rest.
    Last edited by LaserChild9; 2013-11-26 at 10:20 PM.

You definitely raise a good point (that many people are not getting), OP. I agree they should prioritize the draenei and orcs for release, but really I think all 10 Classic/TBC races should be done for release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla for release >TBC 6.1 (which should like a month and something after release if MoP is anything to go buy, maybe even faster since they have more people.)