Need help for a 800$ budget build

I'm looking to do a 800$ budget build for my brother who mainly plays world of warcraft. he sometimes play facebook game. The goal is mid setting on 1920x1080 but higher setting wouldn't hurt.

I'm in canada
    Don't need a mouse, keyboard or monitor.
    I do need an os which I included
    I don't necessarly need a dvd drive as I scavenged an old one that would work (although old its sata)
    I need reliable parts as I don't plan on driving 4 hours to fix his comp for broken parts as I already have a heavy schedule enough.

here's what I Tried yesterday all bundled up on newegg to save on shipping I looked some parts they were cheaper elsewhere but also out of stock:

Case: Antec 300 case
    59.99$ -15$ mail in rebate
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda T1000DM03
    62.99$
    Graphic card:EVGA 02G-P4-3063-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5
    219.00$ -20 mail in rebate
    Power supply: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus - 600W Power Supply
    59.99$
    Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR
    83.49$
    Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155
    99.99$
    99.99$
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 Ivy Bridge 3.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
    194.99$

So any suggestion? Ideas? outrage? deals that are in stock? compatibility problems?

More background info (skip if you don't want to read): My brother is a bipolar with schizophreniac episodes person, he is currently on medication but its still not easy. This Christmas he will have been 10 years drugs free (which are suspected to be a factor in his bipolar personality). He found the strength to work an easy job (security at night in a building) and his new drug is world of warcraft. This is my way to encourage him, show that I love him and that I am proud of him. I just wanted to share sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    This setup is fairly significantly more powerful (especially in WoW raids) and nearly $200 cheaper. Everything appears to be in stock. You can either keep the lower price, or add an SSD (Which would be super nice). There isn't -quite- enough budget in there to step all the way up to a 4670K with proper cooling, but the i3-4330 is a fantastic cpu for the price.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Memory Express)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($40.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Vuugo)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.40 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $687.39

EDIT: I lied. I moved some things around, and you can fit a 4670K + 650ti Boost + EVO cooler in there for about the same price you were looking at before ($850). The beefier CPU will perform 15% better in raids. The better GPU setup listed above will give better general performance outside of raids. Both systems will perform very nicely.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/28AMP
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-11-26 at 12:44 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

that i3 is just a dual core. Not good for new games as they using more cpu cores. An Fx-6300 would be better for gamming than that i3. Or just stick with ur i5.

I would only change that 660 for a R9 270x. GTG! good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    that i3 is just a dual core. Not good for new games as they using more cpu cores. An Fx-6300 would be better for gamming than that i3. Or just stick with ur i5.
    It's dual core with hyperthreading. While that isn't -quite- as good as 4 real cores (On an intel), it's still very good, and miles ahead of any AMD cpu for playing WoW. Definitely do not get an FX-6300.

I would only change that 660 for a R9 270x.
    While the R9-270X -is- better, it's also considerably more expensive, more so than it's worth. It wouldn't fit into the budget with the 4670K, and anything more powerful than a 660 is overkill for wow regardless, so that extra power ends up mostly wasted. Stick with the 650ti Boost or 660.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This setup is fairly significantly more powerful (especially in WoW raids) and nearly $200 cheaper. Everything appears to be in stock. You can either keep the lower price, or add an SSD (Which would be super nice). There isn't -quite- enough budget in there to step all the way up to a 4670K with proper cooling, but the i3-4330 is a fantastic cpu for the price.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Memory Express)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($40.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Vuugo)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.40 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $687.39

EDIT: I lied. I moved some things around, and you can fit a 4670K + 650ti Boost + EVO cooler in there for about the same price you were looking at before ($850). The beefier CPU will perform 15% better in raids. The better GPU setup listed above will give better general performance outside of raids. Both systems will perform very nicely.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/28AMP
    I still think I'd prefer an i5 if possible like my build. That gigabyte graphic card is a good deal and a steal which'd save me 30$ now to hope they don't charge 20 bucks shipping lol. Going on Direct Canada to save like 10 bucks on 2 parts I'd have to pay back in shipping doesn't seem worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    I still think I'd prefer an i5 if possible like my build.
    Up to you... But just to be clear, the i3-4330 @ 3.5ghz will perform about a good 25%-30% better than the i5-3330 @ 3.1ghz (which is what it'll use for games). It's slower, older tech, and $120 more.

Up to you... But just to be clear, the i3-4330 @ 3.5ghz will perform about a good 25%-30% better than the i5-3330 @ 3.1ghz (which is what it'll use for games). It's slower, older tech, and $120 more.
    yeah okay my bad I see what you did there! you just like to crush my dreams do you :P

is it worth it to go for a 4670k instead? I don't plan on overclocking since I never did it and don't have tons of time to figure out a stable level

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say... that's up to you? You did mention living 4 hours away, and while overclocking is certainly not difficult by any means... It does take a little tuning here and there, which means you'd need to visit to tweak stuff if it goes wonky.

My 3570K is stable at 4.6ghz, however it runs -just- hot enough to cause the fan to turn on high speed more often than I preferred, so I moved it down to 4.5ghz. Strangely, 4.5ghz causes Skype to crash, for some unfathomable reason, so I moved it down to 4.4ghz (Which I'm happy with). My point being... sometimes even if it's working fine, it still needs a little TLC every few months.

If you don't have time to OC and tweak, stick with the i3. It's very nearly as powerful as the 4670K at stock, and significantly cheaper. That's a good near $200 saved. You can either keep it, get an SSD, or... I dunno. I'd say 'do something nice for him' but buying him a computer is pretty damn nice :P

I would say... that's up to you? You did mention living 4 hours away, and while overclocking is certainly not difficult by any means... It does take a little tuning here and there, which means you'd need to visit to tweak stuff if it goes wonky.

My 3570K is stable at 4.6ghz, however it runs -just- hot enough to cause the fan to turn on high speed more often than I preferred, so I moved it down to 4.5ghz. Strangely, 4.5ghz causes Skype to crash, for some unfathomable reason, so I moved it down to 4.4ghz (Which I'm happy with). My point being... sometimes even if it's working fine, it still needs a little TLC every few months.

If you don't have time to OC and tweak, stick with the i3. It's very nearly as powerful as the 4670K at stock, and significantly cheaper. That's a good near $200 saved. You can either keep it, get an SSD, or... I dunno. I'd say 'do something nice for him' but buying him a computer is pretty damn nice :P
    but yeah OC sounds a little troublesome.
    and SSD could be a good thing to do, even if only to put windows on it. I got one on my computer (120gig) for windows, starcraft and wow and its amazing (other old games are on a 2 tb hard drive like NOX, hearthstone, diablo 1-2 etc..)

- - - Updated - - -

The Ram memory sticks are 91 dollars when you click on them, pcpartpicker got the price wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Well I decided to go with your build Chazus! its ordered and on its way. total cost with shipping and taxes is 870$ something!

Thanks for the help! can't wait to put it together!

I just realised I ordered windows 7 instinctively instead of your windows 8. I just can't stand windows 8 lol

Deleted
    I just realised I ordered windows 7 instinctively instead of your windows 8. I just can't stand windows 8 lol
    Download and install ClassicShell, 10 seconds later your Windows 8 looks like Windows 7 but with the performance increase and features of W8.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Download and install ClassicShell, 10 seconds later your Windows 8 looks like Windows 7 but with the performance increase and features of W8.
    Random freezes and annoying options/ui is not what'd call performance increase and features

Deleted
    Random freezes and annoying options/ui is not what'd call performance increase and features
    Random freezes sounds like user error, perhaps make a new topic to troubleshoot it. Windows 8 doesn't have "random freezes", maybe you have a driver issue or something similar.

Random freezes? I know not of which you speak. I've not had any problems since I installed it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I just want to add that since you're buying in Canada, try buying from http://www.memoryexpress.com/. They do 25% price beats and also match shipping offers (like Direct Canada's free shipping over $50 offer). I find that shipping from Newegg can take a while sometimes, since some of their stuff ships from the US.