Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deliberating on pledging for a kick starter boardgame

So I've been looking into kickstarters lately, and before I continue I'll just say I have been a part of other kickstarter campaigns which have worked out and I have received my rewards as promised. In addition I do have the money and am willing to spend it. Now I've always seen a few boardgames I liked throughout my time browsing kickstarter but none have ever really caught my eye like this one has.

This one seems to be sorta a mix between tower defense and DnD roleplaying,( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-board-game-0 ), where in you and up to 7 (8?) friends can play and drop in / out at will. The rules seem like it would take a bit of time to learn and get used to but if anyone's played arkham horror you would know that even the more complicated ones could be great fun with friends.

So basically I'm just wondering what some other peoples thoughts are about the game and whether or not they'd pledge for it. (The core game anyway, nevermind the stretch goals/adds ons/whatever else).
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-11-26 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Tower defence board game? No thanks, just stinks of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have to disagree, I'm thinking of backing this myself. I say go for it OP.

Why's that? I'm honestly looking for opinions so if you could explain a little more that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Naequin View Post
    I have to disagree, I'm thinking of backing this myself. I say go for it OP.
    Thank you ^^ Thats 1 and 1 so far, haha. I'm kinda leaning toward backing myself so I guess it's a little in that favor.

Would you pledge to my " be safe fund "?

Deleted
    Meh. I like TD games and even I don't think I'd play one in board game form for very long. It's the kind of thing that should be a fast game or it's totally boring. Having to babysit the whole board and constantly check things would bring play to a crawl.

Also, TD are my "sitting on the toilet" games. I doubt 6 of my friends want to sit in the bathroom with me to play this :P

Edit: It's your money though. If it's something you like the look of then back it. You don't need us to validate your "purchase" if it's something you believe in.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-11-26 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Meh. I like TD games and even I don't think I'd play one in board game form for very long. It's the kind of thing that should be a fast game or it's totally boring. Having to babysit the whole board and constantly check things would bring play to a crawl.

Also, TD are my "sitting on the toilet" games. I doubt 6 of my friends want to sit in the bathroom with me to play this :P
    *cough* I will.

TD games have to be fast paced, otherwise they get boring very fast. A board game version would just not work to keep people interested for very long. There is a reason most every TD game now has like x3 speed or more.

Just my opinion.

Difficult rules make games less fun. Like the bibg WoW board game, 3 hours to set up and explain to people, kinda kills the gaming mood. If you can figure out how to get it up and running with rules able to be explained to a simple person in 30 mins or less I would be all over it.

Deleted
    There is a reason every board based games workshop product is dead.

Deleted
    There is a reason every board based games workshop product is dead.
    Because they are boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Difficult rules make games less fun. Like the bibg WoW board game, 3 hours to set up and explain to people, kinda kills the gaming mood. If you can figure out how to get it up and running with rules able to be explained to a simple person in 30 mins or less I would be all over it.
    Usually I get together with the same kind of groups I use for DnD to play these kind of things, so the whole learning the rules type thing is usually met with less problems then you would expect, I understand what you're saying though.

And the way I see it, its tower defense but its sorta rolled up in a DnD strategy package so its pacing is justified by that, or at least thats how I imagined it playing out. Thanks so far for everyones opinions on the matter!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Because they are boring?
    Space hulk was very fun as was blood bowl.

Deleted
    *cough* I will.
    That's how it all starts isn't it? Friends in a bathroom just innocently playing Yahtzee and before you know it, somebody's got their knob out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Usually I get together with the same kind of groups I use for DnD to play these kind of things, so the whole learning the rules type thing is usually met with less problems then you would expect, I understand what you're saying though.

And the way I see it, its tower defense but its sorta rolled up in a DnD strategy package so its pacing is justified by that, or at least thats how I imagined it playing out. Thanks so far for everyones opinions on the matter!
    Figure out how to make it paced on par with say Monopoly. Any slower than that would kinda suck.

Actually a Monopoly Tower defence could be neat.... Pass GO you get your HP reset. Build towers to rough up people if they land on your shit. Last man standing wins.

Deleted
    That's how it all starts isn't it? Friends in a bathroom just innocently playing Yahtzee and before you know it, somebody's got their knob out.
    Nobody gets their nob out during Yahtzee you dumbass, you are thinking of Monopoly.

Deleted
    I literally just pledged to this, it looks awesome! ~snippety~

Please do not advertise projects on these forums
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-11-26 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    I literally just pledged to this, it looks awesome! ~snippety~
    A kickstarter for less than 2k? He needs to get a damn job and pay for that himself!
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-11-26 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Nobody gets their nob out during Yahtzee you dumbass, you are thinking of Monopoly.
    "Go to jail!" - OH GOD!

Deleted
    "Go to jail!" - OH GOD!
    Custom made "take a chance" cards are much more interesting.