10+ Year Old Account

Gaming on a 55-60 inch TV?

So can a 120hz LED TV handle demanding games like metro 2033, skyrim, far cry 3, and anything else high demand? Will it look ok? Or will i need a plasma for 600hz? is it worth getting a big TV of either?

with black friday coming up i want to get fucking crazy and but a TV!

obviously im talking PC here, not a joke console :P

Why not just buy 3 screens, and play in 5000+x1080 res?

I used to game on a big 120hz TV, but it didn't look at good as a monitor. You have to remember that the respolution you're playing on won't change by the size of your "monitor". That is... 1080p is 1080 vertical pixels, whether their spread over 23" or 60", it's still only 1080 pixels.

Now, I used to game from my couch with a nice wireless setup on a 65" 1080P LED TV. When sitting 15' away or so, it looked great. When you got close, it looked like poop. The reason I left the couch and went to my desk is because I found I had pretty bad back pain from the lack of support.

Long story short, I wouldn't do it.

TV pixels are inherently blurry. Using a TV as a monitor is not recommended if you need text to be readable.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I play on a 42 inch TV,600hz,full HD and 2 milliseconds response time ( sorry for my english ).
    In my opinion, above 45 inches, this is too large to enjoy the game.
    I explain this:
    -with a too large screen it's hard to find buttons when you have to click on them.
    -it's easy to lose your mouse

So your criteria to find a good TV monitor to play on will be:
    -Response time.
    -High lvl hz.
    - full hd for great session gaming.

Now have fun with that.