10+ Year Old Account

Blood Elf male shoulder placement, think it'll get fixed in the model update?

Title, pretty much. It always bugged me how the way shoulder-slot armor on a blood elf male looked. One side always sits in a normal spot and the other's poking out and looking weird. I know it's partially because of the standard stance a blood elf male takes when standing still, but...eh...

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    I doubt it. They'd have to re-fit most of the old armor to the new models and I think they don't have enough time for that if they're going to release the expansion "soon". They could do that with the new armor sets that come in WoD though.

Also, blood elves are not the only ones with armor fitting issues so if they do one, they'd have to do all.

Right. You do know they probably won't have the vanilla models in by the time WOD launches. I think it will be a really long time till we get a fix on TBC races. Maybe two expansions or so.

But yeah, the problem isn't the shoulder it's the whole body. Someone took a bat to their ribs and here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I never meant to think that Blood Elves would be ready by release but was just wondering if/when they do get updated, if they would fix the wonky shoulder that doesn't sit right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I always thought the shoulder was part of the feminine design. I don't think that would be something they would change as the feminine male is kind of iconic for Blood Elves now, if they went and made them actually look masculine it would be too big of a change. Also I don't think they are currently working on any races except for the vanilla races.

I don't really have a prob with the belf model. Would be weird for them to be the eldest or second eldest model in the game though.

I have a feeling draenei will get new models way before belves.

As much as I wish they would, Blizzard doesn't want to change the silhouette on people playing the game. Even in areas where Blizzard's art team themselves clearly desire to change things, like the orc's in game having the arthritic stoop of an old man being changed in the recent cut scenes to actually look in the cut scenes like they do in every piece of media they are depicted in outside of the game, standing up straight with their necks protruding at an angle with overdeveloped trapezius muscles. But even though Blizzard clearly will tweak them in cut scenes like the opening to the Horde quest in the Jade Forest, they didn't get rid of the stoop in the updated model.

So I think it's not happening, but I fucking wish they would.

Blood Elves are only flamboyant in the satirical aspect of WOW, and it's more metrosexual than feminine if you see a distinction there.

It's a damn pity, looking at the guards in Silvermoon standing tall and proud makes me sick, because I place a lot of importance on stuff like this. I realize every in game model is supposed to be a caricature of the race in the lore, but it drives me crazy and they look like they have a painful crink in their neck from the crappy way they were edited to look this way. The model was not originally designed with it clearly, you can tell by the way it's warped and stretched to appear the way it does now.

Try taking a screen shot while walking forward or backwards and you can see your Blood Elf finally standing straight, but as soon as you stop they revert to that damn eye jarring pose.

The amazing thing is at first I actually liked it for making them asymmetrical, I always wished the human model looked more like the statue of Lothar or Turalyon in front of Stormwind making cool poses and standing with their legs apart at times while idle. But it soon started to drive me insane and it's probably why I made my Blood Elf warlock on the day TBC came out but I've only leveled him to level 80 as of last year lol.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    I've never noticed it before, but I guess it is kind of distracting how Blood Elves are the only race who's 'at ease' pose is so awkward looking. I think during TBCs develpment Blizzard wanted to give them more exaggerated animation to differentiate them from Night Elves, but it looks kind of goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Right. You do know they probably won't have the vanilla models in by the time WOD launches. I think it will be a really long time till we get a fix on TBC races. Maybe two expansions or so.

But yeah, the problem isn't the shoulder it's the whole body. Someone took a bat to their ribs and here we are.
    They actually said they might be able to do TBC races also for WoD launch. The only races that might take that long to update are the Cataclysm races. I expect the BC races to be either done for WoD launch of on the first patch, 3 or 4 months at most into the expansion.

And about the shoulders,i think it is possible to see a fix on them,they might even fix their idle stance with their weird pose.