Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is there any reason to return to WoW for WPvP on a PvP server?

Hey folks!

So I'm starting to miss the PvP in WoW, after a break of 1½ years give or take, and as I'm reading through the forum, it appears to me that Blizzard changed the way wPvP works in regards to PvE gear being way superior than PvP gear; PvE gear got a lot more HP than PvP gear, Pvp 'Power' doesnt even compare to the stats from PvE gear etc.

I've reached 2.2k rating on multiple classes and peaked at 2.6k on my mage throughout TBC->Cataclysm, so PvP (in all kinds of forms, BGs, dueling, to the duo-grping around daily hubs for some wPVP) is my reason #1 to play this game, with the occassional LFR raiding, so my question is:

- Did this change ruin the fun of wPvP on a PvP server around the daily hub areas (Read: Populated areas outside of the capitals), since (apparently) I would need to farm high-end PvE gear to do more than just tickle my enemy?

- How is dueling working now? As instanced-Pvp (where PVP gear would be best suited for just that, a duel) or in the same category as wPVP?

I'd hope someone could give some clarification on the matter

/Roos

Deleted
    PvE gear is scaled down to a lower item level in battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds and arena.

Deleted
    Outside pvp instances equally skilled player in pve gear will beat you due to massive advantage in damage and hp, dont forget some spells do way more damage outside pvp zones, like stampede etc

I started from scratch from hellfire to stormscale

1. I haven't done much pvp wise, but I'm rolling on a 530 MW monk in pve, when I do, do pvp, two players can easily kill me if they focus on me, while one I can out heal his damage, mana drains extremely quickly. So unless, your talking high end heroic warforged gear, I'm going to say no to grinding the pve gear.

2. I always see people dueling outside org, but have to be honest I havent dueled in years.

What I will say though, from what I've noticed on high population pvp servers. The servers are always 1 faction dominated. for example Horde dominate stormscale, no question. I've been messing around on SS for a while, but went serious on it 4 weeks ago, and I have yet to see a single Alliance players in pandaria. The only place I find them is in outland, ganking the 60s. So if your looking for world pvp I think you need to have a good look at the servers and actually try to find one thats balanced, although I'm not sure there is

Deleted
    You can actually use an item on the Timeless Isle that gives you the ability to kill either Horde or Alliance Players and upon killing them you receive a Bloody Coin, wich in turn allows you to buy items/mounts.
    So Horde/Alliance Ratio isn't that bad.

The items are : Censer of Eternal Agony and Fire-Watcher's oath.
    Last edited by mmoc9368b54333; 2013-11-24 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I'd hope someone could give some clarification on the matter
    PvP in WoW is still the same joke it has been for the last few years - if you expect it to have gotten any better, it has not.

Wpvp ?! Ahahahahahahahaha.
    <inser Mr.Jameson laughing ar Peter Parker youtube clip>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaghow View Post
    You can actually use an item on the Timeless Isle that gives you the ability to kill either Horde or Alliance Players and upon killing them you receive a Bloody Coin, wich in turn allows you to buy items/mounts.
    So Horde/Alliance Ratio isn't that bad.

The items are : Censer of Eternal Agony and Fire-Watcher's oath.
    If I see you with that I kill you and then hunt you down and kill you everytime you use it. Your only chance is to wear insane pve gear or be in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    PvP in WoW is still the same joke it has been for the last few years - if you expect it to have gotten any better, it has not.
    Actually PVP and World PVP has gotten a hell of a lot worse. Way worse. Its a joke. But if this guy likes LFR then shit he might like the PVP. LOL

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deschajn View Post
    PvE gear is scaled down to a lower item level in battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds and arena.
    You should have read the thread title, or the thread contents, you would have seen the OP is asking about W-PvP not instanced.

@OP W-PvP is awesome, plain and simple, It's actually very good, Depending on where you play EU/US there are realms where it is thriving, and a lot of people have fun with it, Yes, PvE gear does rule over all, But really it's only highly geared people, HC geared people, And those are not that common, Most PvP guilds all follow the "rules" of having PvP gear, they don't go out and farm PvE gear for W-PvP.

Deleted
    If you play in a high population realm you could have some fun in Timeless Island, but watch out since people with high-end PVE gear can easily kill a full Grievous guy if equally skilled.

Arenas are not in a bad state, there are a lot of nice comps and almost every spec is viable, although you will find warriors slightly imbalanced.

You might want to come back anyway to get ready for Warlords of Draenor, they have announced some cool PVP features: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/

Furthermore, people won't be able to fly until patch 6.1 so hopefully we'll see some more world PVP action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    Outside pvp instances equally skilled player in pve gear will beat you due to massive advantage in damage and hp, dont forget some spells do way more damage outside pvp zones, like stampede etc
    Stampede automatically kicks in if it attacks a player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You should have read the thread title, or the thread contents, you would have seen the OP is asking about W-PvP not instanced.

@OP W-PvP is awesome, plain and simple, It's actually very good, Depending on where you play EU/US there are realms where it is thriving, and a lot of people have fun with it, Yes, PvE gear does rule over all, But really it's only highly geared people, HC geared people, And those are not that common, Most PvP guilds all follow the "rules" of having PvP gear, they don't go out and farm PvE gear for W-PvP.
    I do realise that Heroic PvE gear is&always has been giving you an edge (weapons, trinkets & the occasional 1 or 2 pve items for exstra burst etc.) and I'm all cool with that!
    - I just wanted to make sure, that I'm not going to get my ass handed by some PvE dragonslayer who got a few epics and turns with left/right arrows, because PvP gear got dumped hard in none-instanced pvp scenarios.

I'm all in favor of bad pop-ratios, as I prefer being the underdog with a group of friends against the whole world (so to speak :P), so that's not a problem.

Thanks for the input folks, and cheers for the link EuropeanSon

Deleted
    PVE-gear is better than PVP-gear for world PVP. Utter and complete failure from blizz.

If you want to have balanced world pvp, now it's not the time to enjoy it.

PvE gear dominates very heavily in wpvp, even normal mode geared players have an advantage over you. Normal mode player will probably do 100-150% more damage than you in pvp gear and the health difference is close to 200k too. Heroic geared players do way more damage than that and have 700k+ hp compared to your 450k. I've been collecting bloody coins in timeless island a few times and everyone with over 600k hp has enough gear to drop you in few seconds. Those are plenty on the isle because that's pretty much full normal mode gear. You stand no chance at all unless they are bad players. Your small extra resilience does nothing and pvp power doesn't even remotely compensate for the increased stats on pve gear. It's so damn frustrating atm that it's not even funny.

Deleted
    - I just wanted to make sure, that I'm not going to get my ass handed by some PvE dragonslayer who got a few epics and turns with left/right arrows, because PvP gear got dumped hard in none-instanced pvp scenarios.
    As it stands right now, I can destroy any class in the best PvP gear in the game without any issues in my PvE gear.

It's a complete and utter failure, as MrApple put it.

get use to just sitting in the main city looking for groups for instanced pvp. anything else will just make you want to unsub

Deleted
    So this new Time Isle PvP island is actually another PvE event in disquise? >.<

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it never was a "PvP island" it's full of rare mobs and elites to slaughter, But it has very good PvP features, and a ton of PvP happens there, On my server at least^^

Deleted
    Well.. it actually is somewhat of a pvp isle but the twist is that being in pve gear will actually dominate people in pvp gear.

For the people who stick with the argument "Skill>Gear" there is not much to say except skill matters very little when the
    amount of damage you take is 2-3 times higher than the damage you do yourself.

If you enjoy world pvp. Get full heroic warforged or even flex gear and start owning face.

World PvP has died on most PvP servers because of faction imbalances. This was the case for three of my servers, and GC has also stated as such.