Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HC Lich King save

Is it possible to kill only Lich King every reset?
    I mean, when I will save my alt with 11/12 (extending it every week) a then take this lockout with my main. With him I will kill the Lich King. Can I repeat this every reset by getting my alt's save? I have never seen anybody doing this on my realm. So, I have no idea if it works.
    I hope you get what I want to ask. I don't know how to explain it better.

No as that lock turns into 12/12hc.

Can't say yes or no as to if it'll work, not heared of it being done, guess you can give it a try
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Znakharka View Post
    No as that lock turns into 12/12hc.
    Wrong. You can do what you are looking to do OP. I've killed Lich King in MoP using this strategy almost 100 times already this expansion, with numerous kills in the same week with alts, using one single 11/12 normal ID, then flip to heroic every time I form the group with said alt. I'd form the group, then kick the alt after I lock myself to the ID with the toon I would kill it on every week.

So to clarify:

I have two accounts. I use a dummy 85 rogue on my other account (Tokishy, with the 11/12 ICC 25 lockout that expired last week). I group Tokishy up with Vathral (my main that I want to kill H LK 25 on), and while Tokishy is the group leader, he extends his 11/12 ID from last week, and I zone my main in (Vathral) to activate the instance's lockout. I lock Vathral to it, I form the raid of 5-15 people to just kill LK. As we are summoning people inside, I kick Tokishy, I log Tokishy out. Vathral proceeds to kill LK with his raid, locking Vathral to that LK lockout. I log on Tokishy after the kill, and I just do it again with a different toon. I also did this process with Al'akir to avoid killing Conclave every week for my South Wind drake using my 85 druid on the same account until I saw it after 62 kills.

I did it for an ex-guildie until he saw invincible after 166 kills over the course of cata/mop, and I did it a few times for myself before my realm actually let invincible go to me for 240k.

This 100% works. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
    Last edited by Vathral2; 2013-02-21 at 12:45 PM.

Yes it works, note that you'll lose the save in 5.2.

If you're using a 11/12 NORMAL(!) ID, yes it'll work. The ID only will turn into 12/12 HC, if it already was a Heroic-ID (as Heroic-IDs are like the old pre-Cata IDs).

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

So, I have to save my alt with normal 11/12 ? Otherwise, It won't work?

The only problem I see with this is that you can only pull HC LK if you have killed Putricide, Bloodqueen and Sindragosa on HC, which makes it impossible to use a NORMAL raid lockout. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    The only problem I see with this is that you can only pull HC LK if you have killed Putricide, Bloodqueen and Sindragosa on HC, which makes it impossible to use a NORMAL raid lockout. Right?
    This is no longer the case; you can switch to heroic difficulty for any boss at any time.

I believe they removed that part. Also, a lock only becomes binding to all characters if it's done on heroic, so if you do 11/12 normal and then swap in and do LK heroic then the lockout should persist as the character with the save hasn't been involved in any heroic activity therefore binding it to the same lock.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

That's been changed for a very long time.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

For anyone that cares you can also clear 11/12 on 10man normal then leave the instance and change it to 25man heroic for the LK kill.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    For anyone that cares you can also clear 11/12 on 10man normal then leave the instance and change it to 25man heroic for the LK kill.
    I can confirm this works. I was stuck in my old ways and killed all the end bosses on heroic with some help from others. However i tested the 10m Normal and flip to 25hc to solo LK, and yeah.... So much time wasted in the past
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

Oh I didn't think of him using a normal lock then switching to hc only for lk, so yes in that case it will work

If you save it with a normal you can't change it to hc Caus you gotte kill putri , blood queen and sindra on HC before engaging LK hc .
    Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    If you save it with a normal you can't change it to hc Caus you gotte kill putri , blood queen and sindra on HC before engaging LK hc .
    Again, they removed that requirement a long time ago. Before Cata even launched I think(it might have been with the 4.0 pre-patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Again, they removed that requirement a long time ago. Before Cata even launched I think(it might have been with the 4.0 pre-patch).
    They didn't remove that requirement for Dragon Soul though.

Well, today i soled 9 / 12 on my paladin (to have some heals on dragon -- on DK its too annoing and long). Then i invited friend, killed another boss to make him saved. Then i entered him lockout on my DK, killed last boss (professor). And then i wanted to set 25man HC for LK. But problem is that i cannot, since im aparently not eligible to parcipitate on encouter becouse im saved... soo i have no idea what have i done wrong, any ideas ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Veresa View Post
    Well, today i soled 9 / 12 on my paladin (to have some heals on dragon -- on DK its too annoing and long). Then i invited friend, killed another boss to make him saved. Then i entered him lockout on my DK, killed last boss (professor). And then i wanted to set 25man HC for LK. But problem is that i cannot, since im aparently not eligible to parcipitate on encouter becouse im saved... soo i have no idea what have i done wrong, any ideas ? ...
    exit the instance, set to 25man normal -> enter -> set to 25man hc while inside

(that worked for me at least when I had the same issue as the one you are describing)

Ah thanks that actualy works