1. #1

    Totem protection macro.

    I asked this question some time ago but since both macro API & addons have leaped forward i shall ask this again. Is it possible to write for instance a MTT protection macro so that i don't override it with HST & or HTT? I know we've got totemic persistence or somethign liek that but i don't give a shit about it cause it's a total waste of talent in favor of Totemic projection which proved invaluable for me for the entirety of the expansion.

    The key here would be to for example check if there is a buff called "Mana Tide" up. I know thers no if statement available in the macro api (hence the name macro and not code). Help me haxorz.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just ran into another thread with similar question. This could work, im atm in work so cannot check right now but yeah seems promising.

    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm]
    /cleartarget [noharm]
    /tar Mana Tide Totem
    /cast [harm][noexists][mod:shift]Healing Stream Totem
    /targetlasttarget [help]

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Zenvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    71
    Afaik you cannot target a totem using a macro..?
    Zenvon @ EU-Moonglade
    My youtube channel: Zenvon EU-Moonglade - Elemental Shaman PvE, PvP (Arena & BGs), Addon guides, etc.

    How to guide: PlateBuff & TidyPlates - Debuff icons above enemy nameplates.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    Afaik you cannot target a totem using a macro..?
    You can.

    It's working like a charm holy shit
    Last edited by Puhree; 2013-11-26 at 03:46 PM.

  4. #4
    seems like that macro should do what you want, the only problem might be if another player has a Mana Tide Totem down. im not familiar with macros enough to know if there is a way to single out only your totems but that particular macro will search for anything called "mana tide totem" within range.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    seems like that macro should do what you want, the only problem might be if another player has a Mana Tide Totem down. im not familiar with macros enough to know if there is a way to single out only your totems but that particular macro will search for anything called "mana tide totem" within range.
    Unfortunately yes, that's why original author of the macro included the modifier:Shift so that you can place it in case somebody else's mana tide totem blocks your healing stream but that's just incredibly annoying.

  6. #6
    High Overlord Felocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    chrislol#1816 ama
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    Afaik you cannot target a totem using a macro..?
    You definitely can

    #showtooltip Stormlash Totem
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm]
    /cleartarget [noharm]
    /tar Stormlash Totem
    /cast [harm]Stormlash Totem
    /targetlasttarget [help]

    ^^ prevents your stormlash from being dropped if any stormlashes are active in range of you. Figure its relevant to the topic even though you were asking for MTT and figured it out.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    You definitely can

    #showtooltip Stormlash Totem
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm]
    /cleartarget [noharm]
    /tar Stormlash Totem
    /cast [harm]Stormlash Totem
    /targetlasttarget [help]

    ^^ prevents your stormlash from being dropped if any stormlashes are active in range of you. Figure its relevant to the topic even though you were asking for MTT and figured it out.
    Nevermind, figured out it requires a target. On to the second part!

    If the macro were applied to Healing Tide, would the /cast [harm]Stormlash Totem be changed to /cast [help]Healing Tide Totem? Would be greatly appreciated if you could come up with such a thing that would prevent overlap.
    Last edited by Sock; 2013-11-27 at 01:59 AM. Reason: I'm a derp.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    You definitely can

    #showtooltip Stormlash Totem
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm]
    /cleartarget [noharm]
    /tar Stormlash Totem
    /cast [harm]Stormlash Totem
    /targetlasttarget [help]

    ^^ prevents your stormlash from being dropped if any stormlashes are active in range of you. Figure its relevant to the topic even though you were asking for MTT and figured it out.
    actually haven't thought of that and it's extremely useful :]

    @Sock - stormlash totem is still a friendly target as well as HTT

    - - - Updated - - -

    Looking through the wow API documentation. Keep in mind i've never tried creating my own scripts so this may be completely fubar or tainted code.

    /run arg1, totemName, startTime, duration = GetTotemInfo(3); if totemName == "Mana Tide Totem" then RunMacroText("/cast Healing Stream Totem") end;

    this almost certainly needs refining, will do when i return home
    Last edited by Puhree; 2013-11-27 at 12:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    @Sock - stormlash totem is still a friendly target as well as HTT
    Simply replacing Stormlash Totem with Healing Tide Totem in that text doesn't work, however. Completely prevents you from dropping the totem.

  10. #10
    Ok my script actually works, it's just that RunMacroText("/cast Healing Stream Totem") is in fact a tainted fragment of code

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •