Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face [Suggestion] Summon a less powerful Val'kyr permanently, spell.

Summon a less powerful Val'kyr permanently, until she dies of course.
    The Val'kyr will aid you in combat with some damage and some healing.
    Not too strong, balanced of course.

I think this spell could give Holy Priest some joy when leveling alone, as Holy.
    Because Discipline and Shadow is already very strong on their own and doing their part in dungeons. Both popular choices for playing alone.

I do believe that Priest's power can reach within the spirit world, as I like to think that is what they do when they raise a Shadowfiend.
    These are some of the reasons I think Val'kyr + Priest, the spirit world and all of that fit:
    1. Both val'kyr and spirit healers possess the ability to ressurect the dead. In the case of spirit healers, the dead are returned to life, in the case of the val'kyr, those raised are undead.
    2. Both val'kyr and spirit healers exist on the spirit plane, this much was shown in Wrymskull Village. In fact, Thoralius points out that "the spirit world has fallen under the sway of the Lich King", implying the val'kyr presence there is some sort of attack on that plane of existence.
    3. Both val'kyr and spirit healers possess wings and an ethereal glow, reminiscent of angels referenced in real life religion. While spirit healers seem to remain stationary for the most part, the val'kyr are free to move around at will.
    4. & Glyph of the Val'kyr for Holy Priest:
      While Spirit of Redemption is active, you now appear as a Val'kyr.
    ~ Information taken from wow.joystiq.com and wowpedia.org

So what do you think about this idea?

I think you should post it where blizzard will actually read it :P

Could be fun, seems a little too reminiscent of a frost mage though. Unfortunately, at this point, Blizzard's response to "I want to level as holy, make it easier please" would be "We implemented dual spec and gave you the tools to level easier, so use dual spec and go shadow."
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    I think you should post it where blizzard will actually read it :P

Could be fun, seems a little too reminiscent of a frost mage though. Unfortunately, at this point, Blizzard's response to "I want to level as holy, make it easier please" would be "We implemented dual spec and gave you the tools to level easier, so use dual spec and go shadow."
    I don't know where Blizzard reads because I belong to the european community and there is very little presence of developers there. (Edit: I just shared this suggestion on the official european forum, but that's that. I can only hope a developer will look there but I have my doubts since the developers are in america.)

But to answer your comment about the Water Elemental:
    Hunter, Warlock and Mage can summon a permanent minion, yes.
    But they are not healers, so having the Val'kyr as a minion for Holy Priest, could be the first permanent minion that could do less powerful heals from time to time. I honestly think they can make them have a unique feeling and cause a lot of joy for the Holy Priest community.

Also we don't have any permanent minion for any healing classes and I can't see why we couldn't do that for the Holy Priest with Val'kyr, as long it's a less powerful minion. And instead of adding pure power, it adds joy and fun with a little power. Balanced permanent minion for Holy Priest, the Val'kyr!
    Last edited by 1Seven; 2013-11-26 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    I don't know where Blizzard reads because I belong to the european community and there is very little presence of developers there.

But to answer your comment about the Water Elemental:
    Hunter, Warlock and Mage can summon a permanent minion, yes.
    But they are not healers, so having the Val'kyr as a minion for Holy Priest, could be the first permanent minion that could do less powerful heals from time to time. I honestly think they can make them have a unique feeling and cause a lot of joy for the Holy Priest community.

Also we don't have any permanent minion for any healing classes and I can't see why we couldn't do that for the Holy Priest with Val'kyr, as long it's a less powerful minion. And instead of adding pure power, it adds joy and fun with a little power. Balanced permanent minion for Holy Priest, the Val'kyr!
    EU has its own version of the world of warcraft website that Developers seem to read often enough. Any ways, they specifically have a lower chance of catching what's written here than there.

Lastly, there is an in game suggestions button

Esc to menu --> Help --> submit a sugestion
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    EU has its own version of the world of warcraft website that Developers seem to read often enough. Any ways, they specifically have a lower chance of catching what's written here than there.

Lastly, there is an in game suggestions button

Esc to menu --> Help --> submit a sugestion
    I'm following your advice, thanks. But it's also good to hear what the other people in the Priest community thinks!

Honestly? I think it sounds a bit too much like the Scholar in FF. It could be interesting, honestly. But we risk turning people away from copying that idea, if that makes any sense.

I'd love it. I don't mind managing pets however. It might be a good way to mix up Holy gameplay, or alternatively, help balance Disc gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why would a holy priest be able to summon a valkyr? I wouldn't take the minor glyph as canon in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    But why would a holy priest be able to summon a valkyr? I wouldn't take the minor glyph as canon in any way.
    Priests are quite spiritual and they do have a connection with the spirit world.
    You could, if you will, find a less powerful Val'kyr in the spirit world, bring one to our world.

Just like Shamans have their connection with the elements, as Druids have their connection with animals and the wilderness.
    It's quite simple, really.

Deleted
    just add a glyph for dks to remodel the gargoyle to a valkyr, much more fitting use for a valkyr model imo

Having a pet that does healing and follows you around would be interesting; though, as I Draenei, I'd prefer it be a lesser Naaru than a baby Val'kyr. Perhaps a talent that replaces Lightwell with a more ambulatory and powerful version?

I'd love to see them removing that useless Spirit of Redemption and go for something like this instead.

I'd love a pet healing class. Would be unique for what we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I'd love to see them removing that useless Spirit of Redemption and go for something like this instead.
    Don't really have to remove it but the whole Spirit of Redemption is after you die, and that kinda.. is like, not a popular choice? You prefer not do die, right But yeah, it's good to see some of you guys like the idea as I had no response at all on the european official site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    I'd love a pet healing class. Would be unique for what we have so far.
    Exactly! And I really think Holy could handle having some minion to play with while doing quests or dungeons, a little extra fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% in favor of this.

Back in wrath before looking for dungewon I was leveling as Holy. And to be honest even though it was hard it was fun. But as holy are right now. We are really crappy at dealing dmg in solo content its either damage or healing.

As priest are right now:

Holy Priest:
    Due to stance we can have either good single target heals, good aoe heals or medicore damage (insane dmg on 4 boss hof) But going in either stances make it hard to do the other thing.
    Disc Priest: above average dmg+ healing at same time. I often quest and solo content as disc cause you have good healing and damage. I even got to rank 5-6 in brawlers guild alone. In raid finder I average 90k dps and 100k hps just nuking the boss.
    Shadow Priest: Really good damage below average heals at same time. As shadow priest it is harder to keep yourself alive compared to a disc priest but you have far more damage output so you don't really need the healing cause stuff is dead anyway.

This will bring holy priest up to pair hopefully with the rest.
    And I would love to have a smal Val'kyr following me around (small due to the fact that that was the best we could do with our abilities as priest.)(and because it should not be too op.)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Well, I just prodded Celestalon about it:

As for an idea of how I'd make a pet healer work:

On auto: Pet casts Heal on targets with health below XX% (Tweak for balancing). Has a small cd as well - 2.5s? So every 3 or 4 seconds, it'll auto heal someone. Small, but a nice little buff.

Placement: If it stays on Follow, it'll prefer to heal near the healer. If you manually place, it'll prefer that. Put it with the tanks, melee or ranged depending on what you want.

Cooldowns:
    A small aoe heal either around the pet, or around the pet's target.
    A larger aoe heal, whilst this is on CD the pet won't auto heal.
    A flash style heal with a longish CD.

So the pet can act as a second healer if you place it separately to yourself, but not at full efficiency. Adjust the healer's heals to balance it.

Don't really have to remove it but the whole Spirit of Redemption is after you die, and that kinda.. is like, not a popular choice? You prefer not do die, right But yeah, it's good to see some of you guys like the idea as I had no response at all on the european official site.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant remove SoR and instead give us something else that doesn' require dying. I also thought about a DK-like DRW "pet" that repeats every healing spell you do for X% every 1.5 minutes for 15 seconds - great for burst damage phases. It can also be "smart" in the way that if you cast PoH on one group, your pet will cast PoH on the other group.

Scholar in FF was pretty much this - fun class.
    If we don't get there, you can do what I did and roam Northrend until you catch one of these, and keep it as your active pet. It even resurrects dead critters

Very nice priest-themed pet.

Don't worry if it's a good idea Blizzard will see it. If anything it's probably more likely to get seen here than on official forums.

priests with pets? yes, sounds good.

summon val'kyr? no. val'kyr are "scourge fiends" (quoting garrosh lol). they are to the vrykul what banshees are to elves: an incorporeal undead version.

the val'kyr glyph exists just to give the forsaken holy priests some flavor, just like the troll-based glyphs added on siege of orgrimmar. nothing stops non-forsaken from taking the glyph, but it has 100% undead flavor.

So I say this: if holy priests get a pet, it should be the Lightspawn.

and if anyone should get to summon val'kyrs, it should the Death Knights, since summoning val'kyr is one of the Lich King's special abilities.

and I speak from the neutral PoV of a Warlock player.

- - - Updated - - -

Priests are quite spiritual and they do have a connection with the spirit world.
    You could, if you will, find a less powerful Val'kyr in the spirit world, bring one to our world.

Just like Shamans have their connection with the elements, as Druids have their connection with animals and the wilderness.
    It's quite simple, really.
    the val'kyr are not some sort of natural spiritual creature from the spirit world. they are undead vrykul created by the lich king.

EDIT: a comparison - imagine if druids had a felhunter form. felhunters are animals, but they also happen to be demons. but they are animals right? and druids turn into animals. still out of place for anything except for a demon druid lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-29 at 01:52 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Val'kyr, Lightspawn, anything Holy-specific is good enough for me.