Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    im more interested in seeing what this does to JCs. If gem sockets are rare, i wonder how that will play into the fact that there are alot of JCs on any given server. gems will either be through the roof or through the floor i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Will be interesting to see what they do with Jewelcrafting. Probably a shift towards making a lot more Necks/Rings/Trinkets, since gems are going to be in such low demand. They'll have to drastically reduce the rate you get them as well or they will have no value whatsoever...
    I think they mentioned something at Blizzcon about this. They will look at Jewelcrafting and look for opportunities for them to craft other things, not just more necks/rings/trinkets, but perhaps other weapons, mounts, toys, etc. to make up for fewer gems. It's something they are aware of and working to fix, so I'm confident (as my main is JC) that there will be good opportunities to make some gold with JC in WoD.

The way I see it, this system does nothing for tanks. Their example shows how DPS and heals specs can share at least some of the stats of the same set of gear. Spirit may be useless to Ret, but it should appear on only a few pieces. Crit and haste on the other hand are at least somewhat useful to both Holy and Ret.

However, the same cannot be said about tanking gear. A properly geared tank will have bonus armor on all his gear. It's the only secondary stat they're interested in. Which means that a tanking set of armor will be useless to any other specs. Tanks in WoD will not only still need to collect multiple sets of gear, but also have to deal with the added RNG BS with no benefit to show for it.

IMO, secondary stats should adapt to your spec same as primary stats. I know they intended to give tanks and healers less loot competition with spirit/bonus armor on gear, but I think it does more harm than good. Let the guilds worry about prioritizing loot to tanks and healers over DPS if so desired.

How about allowing our D3 and WoW characters to move between games?

And I wonder if they're thinking about the end -- what do we do with our beloved characters when a game shuts down? If they're creating new games will they allow us to migrate our characters to a new game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn View Post
    The way I see it, this system does nothing for tanks. Their example shows how DPS and heals specs can share at least some of the stats of the same set of gear. Spirit may be useless to Ret, but it should appear on only a few pieces. Crit and haste on the other hand are at least somewhat useful to both Holy and Ret.

However, the same cannot be said about tanking gear. A properly geared tank will have bonus armor on all his gear. It's the only secondary stat they're interested in. Which means that a tanking set of armor will be useless to any other specs. Tanks in WoD will not only still need to collect multiple sets of gear, but also have to deal with the added RNG BS with no benefit to show for it.

IMO, secondary stats should adapt to your spec same as primary stats. I know they intended to give tanks and healers less loot competition with spirit/bonus armor on gear, but I think it does more harm than good. Let the guilds worry about prioritizing loot to tanks and healers over DPS if so desired.
    they talked about armor being a secondary stat on rings necklaces and trinkets, so you would maybe have An armor Mastery trinket, and maybe a named item that will always have armor and haste for secondary and the primary as a tank like a warrior the primary Would be stamina and strength
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea. Seeing everyone with identical stuff is one of the most boring thing of WoW, adding some small random bonuses seems like a nice idea.

And I also love seeing people QQing about their DKP (haven't seen DKP since Naxx 25) and "their" loot months before this even goes live, if this ever does.

Also looking forward to world first kills junkies complain about how the WF was done with a 3 tertiary stat item while other haven't found any. Will be fun to look at.

Now add a way to upgrade items with a chance to break it (like, for good, item disappearing), and I'll be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    they talked about armor being a secondary stat on rings necklaces and trinkets, so you would maybe have An armor Mastery trinket, and maybe a named item that will always have armor and haste for secondary and the primary as a tank like a warrior the primary Would be stamina and strength
    Are you saying armor and weapons would only come with DPS oriented stats? Crit/haste/etc are stats that tanks traditionally do not care for.

Deleted
    Are you saying armor and weapons would only come with DPS oriented stats? Crit/haste/etc are stats that tanks traditionally do not care for.
    Crit and haste are normally useless stats for tanking (except for haste prot paladin during ToT)... everything else tanks do care, tanking masteries for example are often the best masteries around.
    With hit, exp, parry and doge (very avoidance, such evasion, wow) gone, and just armor from items, tanks are going to be boring as hell. Back to meatshields with passive absorb and blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Crit and haste are normally useless stats for tanking (except for haste prot paladin during ToT)... everything else tanks do care, tanking masteries for example are often the best masteries around.
    With hit, exp, parry and doge (very avoidance, such evasion, wow) gone, and just armor from items, tanks are going to be boring as hell. Back to meatshields with passive absorb and blocks.
    It's been awhile since I played wow, but isn't "everything else" just mastery now? Sounds to me like mastery is the only secondary stat a tank would want on his armor/weapons if bonus armor is only on jewelry and trinkets. So coming back to my original point, using mastery armor for DPS/healing won't be completely useless, but probably far from optimal. It also makes gearing tanks very limited and boring as you pointed out.
    Last edited by Blackburn; 2013-11-28 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    It's been awhile since I played wow, but isn't "everything else" just mastery now? Sounds to me like mastery is the only secondary stat a tank would want on his armor/weapons if bonus armor is only on jewelry and trinkets. So coming back to my original point, using mastery armor for DPS/healing won't be completely useless, but probably far from optimal. It also makes gearing tanks very limited and boring as you pointed out.
    Last time I checked hit and expertise were still a thing, and you still had dodge and parry on tanking pieces. Those 4 are now gone, and basically a tanking item will have extra-armor and mastery on it as you said, but I think they are going to change something with the new secondary stats that are coming into play.

i thought i knew what they were doing before i read that example

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I just think multi-strike sounds kinda silly, everything else is cool.
    I think we're already playing with versions of this at the moment. Looking at some trinkets and other items I have seen thus far. Such as the 'cleave' effect, with heals or damage having a chance to randomly damage and heal those around the target. While there is certainly the common, 'multi-strike' effect we're also used to I think they are experimenting with other applications for it, in a broader sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    How about allowing our D3 and WoW characters to move between games?

And I wonder if they're thinking about the end -- what do we do with our beloved characters when a game shuts down? If they're creating new games will they allow us to migrate our characters to a new game?
    Um, what?

I am going to imagine this is one of those topics where it would make more sense if I were actually having a conversation with you about it. Well, at least I hope it would.

HAPPY BLOODY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL LORE-PVP-PVE-HATER-WISEAZZ-ANY-nerd ... have a blast of a thanksgiving today and enjoy some turkey ... or any animal you guys have this day ... and other HOLIDAY ... have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Love the changes. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't very smart and don't understand how it's an improvement, but there's nothing blizz can do about that.
    Or there's specific things they dislike that you don't dislike. Naaaaah couldn't possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Every example you provided depends on the amount of stat provided. Do you know how much of the tertiary stat will be on an item? Or are you just assuming everyone at blizz is bad at math and will load so much of the tertiary stats on items that it will break the game?
    Blizzard has been bad at math and broken the game before, do you not remember the string of new trinkets they released in Dragon Soul example being [Vial of Shadows], it completely broke the pvp system and they had to change the trinket multiple times to make it functional at a "fair" level. Blizzard is completely capable of making errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Not to sound like a negative nancy, but this is an easy way to keep people stick with the game for longer. Someone that only does LFR and gets a full set can just stop playing completely since they have nothing to do. Add things like this and it becomes attractive to keep grinding the LFR until your eyes bleed.

(LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic interchangable here)

NO one in their right fucking mind would do that... Ever LFR is so bad, almost as bad as this new loot system

- - - Updated - - -

I must say blizzard you have now taken stupidity to a new lvl. One of the fun parts in this game is to optimize your gear with reforging and gemming, it opens for different play styles and make it fun to get new loot. You might have to reconsider several gear pieces and reforgs to optimize your new gear. Applying a RNG system like this will NOT make us play more it will make us play less or not enjoy the game.. The gear system that you have now is fine-tuned to a degree, why totally ruin it and make a "new"(D3 COUGH) shit system that won’t work and will make players suffer through fix after fix up and down to make this work? You really want to lose million more players or is this just pure stupidity? it’s time to acknowledge your mistake and throw this shit system out the window. Jheez whats next ?